Sponsored

50th anniversary welcome kit

BrettB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50th Anniversary LE
Is there a date they will all be sent out by? This might actually be a question for Rachel.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Is there a date they will all be sent out by? This might actually be a question for Rachel.

Not sure anyone knows for sure. She may be able to find out.

HrsePwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE #735
maybe some are being held back for QC... is there a cotus/etis equivalent we could check? :lol:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
NO. There are still a lot of unsold LEs out there............

A simple but complicated system-based upon what we learned with the Boss program.

Dealer reports the sale, data input for warranty etc...the system is then checked for LE buyers, that list goes to the folks at Ford Performance handling the kits and shipping them out (more difficult with the Boss as they had to match key chains that were engraved to the car).

Packed then boxed up, labeled, entered into either UPS or FedX etc.

Now Ford is NOT going to hire 3 extra people just to do this...this is just extra work within Ford Performance...like a big Christmas rush of extra orders but no extra staffing. So you figure 20-25-50 kits per day can be handled on top of their normal parts purchase/shipping process. Doing your normal job--how many extra one off projects can you do while maintaining your normal work flow?

Everyone needs to understand a bit about program economics. Ford has LOTS of departments and each has their own budget. The cost of these kits, including the kit pieces, packaging, shipping, is born by Ford sales (Marketing?) and the Mustang program.

Ford Performance (aka Ford Racing) who is doing the kit work will internally bill sales/marketing etc..thus everything needs to be entered and tracked in the great computer system. This is not about your dealer calling a guy who scribles out your name on a label and slaps it on a box. Internally within Ford these are "sales" with the buyer being the X (Marketing/Mustang Program etc) and Ford Performance being the seller who is drop shipping the item to you.

Shipping is probable close to the order the cars were Bought and the data put into the system- but I wouldn't count on exact. I can see the initial computer run of 200-600 cars sold (data available to the day they pulled the initial lists) and the lists generated maybe divided up among several employees.... Once they are caught up with prior LE sales I can see them running the list once every week or two to catch sales as sales slow (with the drop in available inventory)

It is all cool and will happen.:ford:

Last edited:

Sponsored

HrsePwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE #735
Wasn't SVTFreak the first to take delivery out of all of us though?

MustangmanNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT
My Welcome Kit

Has anyone gotten their welcome kit yet I got #739. The dealer has no idea and thinks i am crazy and Ford Service tells me to talk to the dealer...This is so frustrating. Can anyone help?

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Wasn't SVTFreak the first to take delivery out of all of us though?
Yes, but I paid for mine and titled it before any shipped, because of the number of dealer broken promises. I also wanted to be sure when it arrived that I owned the car and nothing would be done without my permission.

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE 50TH Mustang Kona Blue #320 6 speed
I paid for my LE on November 13th 2014 and received my kit February 9th 2015. :ford:

BrettB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50th Anniversary LE
NO. There are still a lot of unsold LEs out there............

A simple but complicated system-based upon what we learned with the Boss program.

Dealer reports the sale, data input for warranty etc...the system is then checked for LE buyers, that list goes to the folks as Ford Performance handling the kits and shipping them out (more difficult with the Boss as they had to match key chains that were engraved to the car).

Packed then boxed up, labeled, entered into either UPS or FedX etc.

Now Ford is NOT going to hire 3 extra people just to do this...this is just extra work within Ford Performance...like a big Christmas rush of extra orders but no extra staffing. So you figure 20-25-50 kits per day can be handled on top of their normal parts purchase/shipping process. Doing your normal job--how many extra one off projects can you do while maintaining your normal work flow?

Everyone needs to understand a bit about program economics. Ford has LOTS of departments and each has their own budget. The cost of these kits, including the kit pieces, packaging, shipping, is born by Ford sales (Marketing?) and the Mustang program.

Ford Performance (aka Ford Racing) who is doing the kit work will internally bill sales/marketing etc..thus everything needs to be entered and tracked in the great computer system. This is not about your dealer calling a guy who scribles out your name on a label and slaps it on a box. Internally within Ford these are "sales" with the buyer being the X (Marketing/Mustang Program etc) and Ford Performance being the seller who is drop shipping the item to you.

Shipping is probable close to the order the cars were Bought and the data put into the system- but I wouldn't count on exact. I can see the initial computer run of 200-600 cars sold (data available to the day they pulled the initial lists) and the lists generated maybe divided up among several employees.... Once they are caught up with prior LE sales I can see them running the list once every week or two to catch sales as sales slow (with the drop in available inventory)

It is all cool and will happen.:ford:
This is a great explanation and thank you for clarifying. I still wish I had or knew when my kit was coming.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I still wish I had or knew when my kit was coming.
Me too but as I bought the car a mere 17 days ago...I figure I am way way down the shipping list--I actually doubt my name is anywhere near a shipping list at this point. I'm hoping for maybe a month from now.

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I paid for my LE on November 13th 2014 and received my kit February 9th 2015. :ford:

Yes, but I paid for mine and titled it before any shipped, because of the number of dealer broken promises. I also wanted to be sure when it arrived that I owned the car and nothing would be done without my permission.

I paid for mine on November 7th. I was the first for delivery but mc, as he stated, actually paid for his first.

I less several other people prepaid for theirs, then I should've been on first wave also.

I got mine on February 9 I think (would have to look back).

So basically in one of the first batches. There are a few people who got their cars much later than me and got the kit before me.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Just got a UPS notice of a 5# package scheduled for delivery from Ford Racing on Tuesday-->:shrug:
Ditto, mine is scheduled for tomorrow as well :thumbsup: