Sponsored

Average Cost of Gear Swap (3.31 to 3.55 / 3.73)

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Just contacted local Ford service department to inquire about the cost of labor to perform a gear swap. $800 is what I was told. You guys finding the same thing at your locations?
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Just contacted local Ford service department to inquire about the cost of labor to perform a gear swap. $800 is what I was told. You guys finding the same thing at your locations?

$600-800 is the norm. R/P gear swaps are not something you want to go cheap on when it comes to labor.

I'm assuming that's including "shop supplies" IE refilling the diff, cleaning, etc?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Good God no. Just had one done (at a Ford dealership) and it included a rebuild of the clutch packs, new axles having the anti-lock brake wheels pressed on, new bearings in the housing, new bearings on the carrier and it was only $500 labor. We dropped about $600-$700 in parts that we provided.
Then again, this was an SN95 that didn't require any kind of programming work. I think the new cars require some ECM changes??

OP
OP
Vile_the_Bastage

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Not sure about the ECM changes, but I'm not paying $800. Thanks for info, decided to postpone gear swap and bought and installed a set of Ford Racing Sport pipes.
Sponsored