Drive with DRL but without Fog Lights?

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Is there an option to drive in the daytime without the fogs and only the Day time running leds? I've tried switching all options in the light switch but I cant seem to turn the fogs off when I have it on the OFF option.
Sponsored

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
In Canada fogs are set as DRLs because the tri-bar lights don't meet guidelines. In short, I don't believe so.

OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Damn. Not a fan of the fogs. Ah well can't complain really if it improves my safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
remove the bulbs from the foglights or just de-connect the bulbs

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
In most cars there's always a way to reroute wires for the lighting system to get the look you want. I'm sure someone will have the balls to cut and splice and then eventually post up a DIY

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
In most cars there's always a way to reroute wires for the lighting system to get the look you want. I'm sure someone will have the balls to cut and splice and then eventually post up a DIY

Than you get the "COP" problem in my area. They chase already the pick up trucks for "after market lights" installed.

@opensesame
Welcome in the club! I searched a couple minutes how to switch off the fog lights because I thought I accidently switched them on. :headbonk:

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
Just do like I did and unplug the fogs.

OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Just do like I did and unplug the fogs.

How is this done? Accessible through the wheel well?

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
How is this done? Accessible through the wheel well?

Jack up the front. Remove rubber front under diffuser. Remove like 8 plastic clips. Bend (a little) the plastic pans under the car to slip your arm in. The wire is clipped onto the bulb. Don't remove the bulb from the socket just unclip the wire. Put everything back. No warning lights in dash btw.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Jack up the front. Remove rubber front under diffuser. Remove like 8 plastic clips. Bend (a little) the plastic pans under the car to slip your arm in. The wire is clipped onto the bulb. Don't remove the bulb from the socket just unclip the wire. Put everything back. No warning lights in dash btw.
You know better especially living in the Province of Quebec. First the Language Police fining Markets if the "English" side of the Label isn`t first seen on the shelf or if the multi-language signage doesn`t first appear in French. Just a matter of time before local or provincial Police pull someone over for not having the "proper" DRL illumination. Even Parking Tickets in Montreal are extremely expensive, forgetabout moving Violations. "Qui" eh?

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Than you get the "COP" problem in my area. They chase already the pick up trucks for "after market lights installed:

Where is that? Is there not a lot of crime in that area? I've been in Florida most of my life and most cops never really cared. Might also be because every third car in the state either has purple H IDs or yellow fog's or LEDs or whatever

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Where is that? Is there not a lot of crime in that area? I've been in Florida most of my life and most cops never really cared. Might also be because every third car in the state either has purple H IDs or yellow fog's or LEDs or whatever

You are funny! No. In the Edmonton area, cop's getting now a hag out to chase all kinds of vehicles who have aftermarket lights installed. And I have to admit that they are right at that one. Sometimes you can't see where you are driving because guys in the opposite traffic have "1,000" lights on and blind everyone. I am sure it is now a point reached where the police and the City have enough. I never understood, why people have fog lights on - until now! :doh:

OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I am going to see an aftermarket installer to see if they can "modify" this for me so I can turn it off during the daytime. Would anyone else be interested in getting this done if it was possible?

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
I am going to see an aftermarket installer to see if they can "modify" this for me so I can turn it off during the daytime. Would anyone else be interested in getting this done if it was possible?
Why would you do that when they're mandatory in Canada?
Sponsored