Sponsored

Didn't order spare tire, need advice?

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
So, I put in my order for my 2015 mustang gt premium with the optional 19 inch wheels and my dealer didn't tell me the car doesn't come with a spare, so I didn't order it. But now my order's been processed, but I haven't got a vin#. Can I still get the spare or does the equipment that come's in place of the spare, good enough?
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
If you don't have a vin yet you can still change the order.

bmiles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt convertible
You can order the spare from the dealer. Comes with the spare and the jack. So you can do it when the car gets here, or you can order it when you get the vin. I had to order a spare because the car I ended up getting didn't have one. So I got the compressor/sealant and the spare in my car. It's not worth changing your order for, and I would actually wait until the car gets here. I think it took two days for mine to come. Cost is gonna be the same.

The tire mobility kit is just a portable compressor with a canister of green slime. The compressor pumps the slime in the tire and the cartridge plugs into the compressor. You don't need the slime to use the compressor. The replacement canisters of the slime is $80, and I think its only enough for one flat. You want the compressor AND you want the spare as both are useful.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
You can purchase the OEM Spare Tire and Jack Kit on Ebay from a Ford Dealer for $240 including Free Shipping. Your Dealers Parts Department should be able to match or beat that price since no freight charge to you is involved.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If you don't have a vin yet you can still change the order.
Exactly, JimmyTwoTime! If the VIN hasn't been assigned yet, the order should be able to be changed.

So, I put in my order for my 2015 mustang gt premium with the optional 19 inch wheels and my dealer didn't tell me the car doesn't come with a spare, so I didn't order it. But now my order's been processed, but I haven't got a vin#. Can I still get the spare or does the equipment that come's in place of the spare, good enough?
If you decide to change the order, mustangenthusiast25, let me know. Shoot over a PM with your dealer code and order number, I'll verify that it was accepted.

Rachel

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
anyone figure out if there's a spare tire you can get for the PP that will fit in the spare tire well?

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Weight reduction without the spare;)

OP
OP

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
I have a vin and build date now, but my car hasn't been built, so can I still add navigation? My dealer said they can't.

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
Looks like my shopping list is growing...

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have a vin and build date now, but my car hasn't been built, so can I still add navigation? My dealer said they can't.
Adding the Navigation may be too much of a change, mustangenthusiast25, or there may not be enough time for the change to be accepted prior to your build date. I recommend speaking with the sales manager at your dealer to check all options.

Rachel

Sponsored

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
You can purchase the OEM Spare Tire and Jack Kit on Ebay from a Ford Dealer for $240 including Free Shipping. Your Dealers Parts Department should be able to match or beat that price since no freight charge to you is involved.
When I called places about this they all quoted me the $255 MSRP. I figure this was because in CT everyone's just out to make a buck. The same places have dealer mark ups on EB's. One guy was nice enough to let me know that at this time the part is not warehoused, meaning that they're drop shipped from the supplier. Probably because all the one's Ford has are bookmarked for production?

Point is, you may be able to find a better price online.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
When I called places about this they all quoted me the $255 MSRP. I figure this was because in CT everyone's just out to make a buck. The same places have dealer mark ups on EB's. One guy was nice enough to let me know that at this time the part is not warehoused, meaning that they're drop shipped from the supplier. Probably because all the one's Ford has are bookmarked for production?

Point is, you may be able to find a better price online.
Online through Fairway Ford. $240 shipped. Mine got here in about 3 business days I believe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Mustan...l-Tire-Kit-with-Jack-Wrench-NEW-/181622931225

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
List $256, dealers invoice $196. My son works for a dealership that has Lincolns.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
technically, if I get a spare wheel for my GTPP, it should be able to fit on the rear wheel, correct?

shouldn't I just be able to throw a rear wheel on the front for the brembo brake clearance and then use the spare on the rear?

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
technically, if I get a spare wheel for my GTPP, it should be able to fit on the rear wheel, correct?

shouldn't I just be able to throw a rear wheel on the front for the brembo brake clearance and then use the spare on the rear?
Might want to make sure the width/offset of the rear clears the body first. But I would think it'll clear the rotors. At least it's a pretty easy process to check
Sponsored