OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
1. its a new car with a warranty so who cares?
2. if something is bad wrong you will KNOW it
3. because it'll stop driving right or start yelling at you to take it in for service

these threads crack me up. quit worrying.
Lets look back at your help/opinion.

Wow look at all that help. You are an encyclopedia of gen three coyote information on ticks.

Seriously did you not think your condescending post wouldn't get some kind of reaction???
Sponsored

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Sounds like it's coming from the underneath the engine, so yeah, that's the bbq tick.

Did the dealership use the synthetic blend or full synthetic? The blend is cheaper for them...for a good reason.

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Sounds like it's coming from the underneath the engine, so yeah, that's the bbq tick.

Did the dealership use the synthetic blend or full synthetic? The blend is cheaper for them...for a good reason.
No idea. should be the factory fill.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Lets look back at your help/opinion.

Wow look at all that help. You are an encyclopedia of gen three coyote information on ticks.

Seriously did you not think your condescending post wouldn't get some kind of reaction???
yeah, honestly, out of charity i tend to assume grown men aren't that emotional.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
No idea. should be the factory fill.
Check your invoice. Reason I ask...I had the bbq tick with the synthetic blend (free), and I changed it to the full synthetic after a couple hundred miles, and the tick disappeared. It worked for me, but I know it didn't work for others. Just FYI.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Check your invoice. Reason I ask...I had the bbq tick with the synthetic blend (free), and I changed it to the full synthetic after a couple hundred miles, and the tick disappeared. It worked for me, but I know it didn't work for others. Just FYI.
I will 100% opt for full synth on the next change. Thanks for the advice.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
My car has been synthetic blend since I bought it. If I stand with my ear to the front wheel I will here a random tick but it’s minimal. Nothing I can hear while driving. But the rattle yeah I have that in spades lol. To the OP drive the car around 2500 rpm and let off the throttle lightly you’ll thank me. :)

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Drive it like you stole it and don’t listen to the sounds. Listen to the smooth, loud exhaust.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Yup. Mine started after the first oil change. A temp bottle of ceratec got rid of it until I changed the oil to a heavier weight and hasn’t come back since 🤷‍♂️

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
The tick is a consistent rhythm. Yours sounds irregular. Also, I've noticed the tick go away after warming up.
The tick isn't consistent. The coyote makes plenty of consistent ticking noises but the bbq tick that so many talk about is irregular.

Sponsored

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Here's the deal...it's normal for this engine, but that doesn't mean I like that my car sounds like a empty concrete truck sitting at a stoplight. I had the tick start after my first oil change from the dealer. Ceratec fixed it, and it hasn't been back.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
The tick isn't consistent. The coyote makes plenty of consistent ticking noises but the bbq tick that so many talk about is irregular.
My BBQ tick was a tap like a valve, stopped when it warmed up. So, there's that. I guess I had the "other" kind.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
My BBQ tick was a tap like a valve, stopped when it warmed up. So, there's that. I guess I had the "other" kind.
Yeah one of the many other kinds. Lol I could write a book on all the different ticks and noises my car had made in the last 4+ years.

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
Sounds like mine OP, with less than 500 miles on the clock. Indeed it is intermittent; mine gets better the warmer the engine gets. I will monitor throughout the break-in period. Tired of all the Ford apologists on here though -you'd swear they got paid to own their cars instead of them paying to own them.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Yes, just add ceratec to the oil this is a known solution.
Sponsored