Sponsored

What do I need to determine if/what is my boost leak?

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
I use a radiator pressure tester with intercooler outlets closed of to check for leakdown , Piping and interconnecting hoses can be checked similarly .
Sponsored

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Check all clamps on charge hoses and also the o ring for the MAP sensor you swapped from the old IC to the new IC, the o ring could be cut or torn causing low boost or leaking hose.

BD
I don't think the o ring is damaged since the car is only a couple months old, but I do remember the cvf street intercooler came with a washer for the original bolt that holds the map sensor in, but with the washer on the bolt could barely thread in so we ditched it. Could that be a problem?
8DEAC149-98EC-488E-AEA1-97FE6D1DBCE7.jpeg

Last edited:

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
There must be a bolt to hold the MAP sensor in the IC so yes just get a screw about 5mm/1/8" longer to hold the MAP sensor in place. If you l left the bolt out completely then yes, the sensor has become dislodged from the IC and is leaking.

BD

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There must be a bolt to hold the MAP sensor in the IC so yes just get a screw about 5mm/1/8" longer to hold the MAP sensor in place. If you l left the bolt out completely then yes, the sensor has become dislodged from the IC and is leaking.

BD
I meant I used the same bolt but ditched the washer since it didn't seem necessary
Sponsored