Sponsored

Open lid Roush CAI... did I mess up?

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ordered my Roush CAI from Levittownford, and accidentally bought the open lid one https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/421827.html
instead of the closed lid one https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/422087.html

I installed it anyways, since it looks like the highlighted yellow seal actually meets flush with the hood insulation to prevent it from turning into a "hot air intake" (we put a flashlight inside and closed the hood almost shut and couldn't see any light)

Basically wondering if performance (not that I do anything like racing, it's just my daily driver) would suffer significantly?

1678649929044.png
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Doubt it'd be significant, but they must have made the change for a reason (probably better seal and temperatures).

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
If it isn’t completely closed box you’ll get seepage, it’s impossible to have a complete 100% seal. Now what you have to do is compare the AITs between the stock box and this. If you can deal with it then you’re g2g. I’m running a K&N through my stock box because after a lot of reading there’s still the ability to make good HP through a stock box with a K&N filter and a good tune.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
For what you’re doing with the car it’s fine, the open boxes seal with the hood.

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
For what you’re doing with the car it’s fine, the open boxes seal with the hood.
good to hear as that's what I observed as well

Doubt it'd be significant, but they must have made the change for a reason (probably better seal and temperatures).
yep, at least I get more sucking sounds now :clap:
Sponsored