Sponsored

Ford performance calibration but use the stock airbox?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
It's a lie unfortunately, it's not Ford approved. It counts as an aftermarket tune same as any other. They have a concurrent warranty that runs from the in service date of the vehicle for 3yr/36k miles but if you're past that and something breaks that is traced back to the power pack, you're on your own.
100% correct
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I'm looking for the document that states the implications of engine damage or warranty stuff.
I'm in it for the trans tune. Everyone says it shifts better.
The gt500 cover won't fit. It would require the gt500 lid and lower airbox kit.
The top 500 cover fit on the 350 bottom almost perfectly
I know, I have it on my 17 pp1 with the power pack 2

OP
OP
Turbo Cow

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
The top 500 cover fit on the 350 bottom almost perfectly
I know, I have it on my 17 pp1 with the power pack 2
The pics I saw showed big gaps and said it would take extensive modification to work.
That levittownford place even put a kit together of the gr500 box because of this.

Do you have any pics?

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The pics I saw showed big gaps and said it would take extensive modification to work.
That levittownford place even put a kit together of the gr500 box because of this.

Do you have any pics?
Here you go
Also notice the 500 aluminum valves cover

B2CAD748-1356-4EB7-B6D8-B2B17080AEFA.jpeg

0D2576E7-A6C1-4196-B343-15C09B68DC5A.jpeg

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
But ford approves it's usage and says it's safe enough to be included in your factory warranty correct?
Basically if the engine blows and it is due to the tune Ford performance pays for repairs. If the cause is other than the tune Ford pays.

OP
OP
Turbo Cow

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Basically if the engine blows and it is due to the tune Ford performance pays for repairs. If the cause is other than the tune Ford pays.
Looks like it fit perfectly. It all lines up?
What part number is that?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
But ford approves it's usage and says it's safe enough to be included in your factory warranty correct?
If you read the print, it replaces the Ford warranty for the parts and tune with a warranty from Ford Performance. The Roush warranty for those that get the Roush blower works in a similar fashion. And it starts from the car’s in service date, not the date it’s installed.

OP
OP
Turbo Cow

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
If you read the print, it replaces the Ford warranty for the parts and tune with a warranty from Ford Performance. The Roush warranty for those that get the Roush blower works in a similar fashion. And it starts from the car’s in service date, not the date it’s installed.
Understood.
And if ford sells it and it's covered under their warranty then getting an aftermarket 10 year 100k warranty from a vendor who approves existing Ford warranty-able parts, they ex post facto cover said damage that this part may or may not cause.
I've already called them and verified.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Understood.
And if ford sells it and it's covered under their warranty then getting an aftermarket 10 year 100k warranty from a vendor who approves existing Ford warranty-able parts, they ex post facto cover said damage that this part may or may not cause.
Dont think its covered by ford. It's covered by ford performance so you may want to double check and I'd get it in writing if they will in fact cover it. I wouldn't trust what some idiot tells me on the phone. Chances are they don't know their own job nowadays.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Understood.
That’s what I’m saying though, it’s not a Ford factory warranty part, it’s Ford Performance. Even though they’re under the same umbrella they’re not one in the same. If they’re willing to warranty the FP stuff too that’s great but just know there is typically a distinction between Ford & Ford Performance parts and warranties, FP is typically treated as aftermarket not factory.

Reactions: luc
OP
OP
Turbo Cow

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
It's definitely a FORD part. It's sold under the FORD.com domain. https://performanceparts.ford.com is a subsection of ford.
They would not be able to show otherwise in court. It's a Ford part, sold by Ford, that does not void your warranty.
I would lawyer up if they denied any claim saying this isn't a ford-approved part.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Techninally it is ford factory parts. The IM is a factory part stock on the GT350 same with the air box and tube. So unless it states "factory installed parts" you should be good.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
It's definitely a FORD part. It's sold under the FORD.com domain. https://performanceparts.ford.com is a subsection of ford.
They would not be able to show otherwise in court. It's a Ford part, sold by Ford, that does not void your warranty.
I would lawyer up if they denied any claim saying this isn't a ford-approved part.

Do you have any pics?
Sorry but you’re wrong FP is a different legal entity than Ford
And spending more on attorney than the potential repairs cost make no sense. Financial or otherwise
Sponsored