Sponsored

Best quarter louvers that actually curve to the window?

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Been wanting some rear quarter louvers, but it seems all the popular ones on AM don't sit flush on all the edges of the window since they're mostly straight. Anyone have experience with some basic quarter louvers that actually sit flat on all the edges?
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Been wanting some rear quarter louvers, but it seems all the popular ones on AM don't sit flush on all the edges of the window since they're mostly straight. Anyone have experience with some basic quarter louvers that actually sit flat on all the edges?
Can you show what you mean, I thought they all were installed using 3m tape, at all the edges. Sitting flat might just be the thickness of the double sided tape and camera angle.
If you never want to be able to remove them you could use 3m panel bonding adhesive

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Can you show what you mean, I thought they all were installed using 3m tape, at all the edges. Sitting flat might just be the thickness of the double sided tape and camera angle.
If you never want to be able to remove them you could use 3m panel bonding adhesive
https://www.americanmuscle.com/speedform-vintage-quarter-window-louver-gloss-black-1518.html
These are the ones I want, but when you sort reviews lowest multiple people say the corners don't sit on the glass and stick up, also in their installation video it doesn't look like it sits flat either

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
https://www.americanmuscle.com/speedform-vintage-quarter-window-louver-gloss-black-1518.html
These are the ones I want, but when you sort reviews lowest multiple people say the corners don't sit on the glass and stick up, also in their installation video it doesn't look like it sits flat either
I am sure like any other body part you have to adjust it, before locking it down. fiberglass, it is a given, something like this, you use a heat gun to warm it up and make adjustments. Hard to do on pre painted parts, and why I don't buy pre painted.

Roadsign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Although not a direct answer to your question;
These look to be vacuum formed out of ABS which is most likely what most of these types of products will be. Depending on how bad the corners stick up either heating the part to fit better or using an adhesive promoter can solve fitment issues.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Although not a direct answer to your question;
These look to be vacuum formed out of ABS which is most likely what most of these types of products will be. Depending on how bad the corners stick up either heating the part to fit better or using an adhesive promoter can solve fitment issues.
The glass isn't sitting at the same depth from the body panel all the way around either. Adding 1/8" or more thickness on top of the glass make this more pronounced as it is higher than the body panel/trim.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There is a company that makes louvered glass for the S550 that is a similar style to the 50th anniversary quarter window glass. Check out the 50th anniversary section, the link should be there somewhere

PeterParker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 4T Premium, 2018 Mazda 6 GTR
Just FYI: Anyone with the pony package with the chrome look surround, NONE of the quarter window louvers fit right. I tried 4 different ones and had to send them all back.
Sponsored