Sponsored

POLL: Getting personalized plate in NY - Help me decide, so many great choices available

What should the plate on my Rapid Red GT350R be?

• MY DRUG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MANUAL R

• CNT HR U

• OVER 8K

• ON CUP2S

• THEDRIVE

• IMDRIVEN

• ZOOM MTG

• SHRILL

• UNXPECTED

• YOLO CAR

• AHHHHH

• LOV2DRIV

• RU RED E

• FNAROUND

• HPATTERN

• ZROFSGVN

• FWIWYOLO

• LMAO CYA

• RARE CAR

• GOTTIRES

• BCUZYOLO

• RWD V8

• IM SMILIN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rapid GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
So, I'm going to get a fun plate for the 2020 GT350R, and I've been checking the NY database for what is available, and now have come up with so many that I can't decide! (Actually have about 10 more, but can't all fit in the poll)

All I can ask is that someone doesn't go use my idea before I get to the DMV Thursday to register the plate idea!

Thanks!
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
First thing Iā€™d do is eliminate anything over seven characters.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
With respect...

"LMAO CYA"
"FNAROUND"

https://dmv.ny.gov/learn-about-personalized-plates

I wouldn't expect examples like the above to pass and be accepted by those reviewing, before printing.

"ON CUP2S"

I wouldn't select anything which could become dated or expire.

Me personally, I would not ask for anything involving attitude. IMO, this will just egg people on to challenge you, possibly have the cops be less tolerant, if in those situations.

That's just me though. If you do choose something, please, let us know how things went.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rapid GT350R

Rapid GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Some of these I probably would think twice about, maybe not if I was 20 years old again (haha). Who knows what they might actually let through the censors, but leaning towards something more mature. I'll let the young guys get the silly ones šŸ˜‹

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
In Georgia we can only use 7. I went with "BWAAAAA". I get tons of compliments, laughs, and folks pulling up next to me to comment. I also like looking in my rearview and seeing folks mouth "Bwwaaaaa" and then laughing.

I would go with something sound or pirate related. I always thought custom plates are douchey, but since having it - its only been joyful and a fun area of discussion. Im 33 BTW. We all try to act mature and like adults, but if there is one thing i've learned, especially in corporate America its that it doesn't matter if you are the CEO or a low level employee - No one knows what the hell they are doing...we're all just large children.

Yesterday I ran across the only other GT350 I have seen my area. Female driven, gen 1, and her plate was "BADPONY".

FYI when you do fill it out at the DMV they ask for "Reason/Explanation". I told the gal, "Thats the sound my engine makes - Bwwwaaaaaa".

408cuda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
66 cuda, 21 Ram 3500 dually, 21 Bronco
SHLB350R
šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø I like less is more. But itā€™s your rig so whatever you preference is the winner! Good luck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rapid GT350R

Rapid GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
FWIW, living in NY myself, and the high cost we pay for our car registrations in general, I couldn't in good conscience give any more money to this state.
Yeah, when I lived in VA it was free for personalized plates! Should be the same here, but whatever, it's like $40 a year or something after the first year, about the same as 10 gallons of gas.

408cuda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
66 cuda, 21 Ram 3500 dually, 21 Bronco
FWIW, living in NY myself, and the high cost we pay for our car registrations in general, I couldn't in good conscience give any more money to this state.
Yep same here. šŸ‘

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I like either of the ARR options (because, pirates). Agree with Skye, probably donā€™t want something that would draw negative or unpleasant attention (like you, maybe if I was in my 20ā€™s Iā€™d think differently). Could always do something snake or cobra related too

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I had BAMF on my Harley once. Thought it was pretty funny. But, let me tell you how difficult it is to be humble with a plate like this when you get pulled over though.

BAMF.JPG
Sponsored