Sponsored

Anyone Else's Insurance Rate Increased? (+30%!)

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Don't know about auto, but if you have home insurance with travelers - please do yourself a favor and switch to someone else. I had water damage in my house. Basically half of the house was gone (kitchen, finished basement, whole living are and master bathroom, dinning section etc.) Repairs were 120k, travelers paid 57k... And the first check was 54, after complaining - they gave us extra 3k...
Sorry to hear you got screwed by them, back in 2012 my uncles garage caught fire and burnt to the ground, he lost his truck, my Aunt lost her kia mini van, and they lost a 68 firebird convertible along with a lot of tools. The insurance company had him make a list of everything that was lost with estimated value. He came up with approx. 150K in losses. Liberty Mutual gave him a check for 200K.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear you got screwed by them, back in 2012 my uncles garage caught fire and burnt to the ground, he lost his truck, my Aunt lost her kia mini van, and they lost a 68 firebird convertible along with a lot of tools. The insurance company had him make a list of everything that was lost with estimated value. He came up with approx. 150K in losses. Liberty Mutual gave him a check for 200K.
I have had auto with Liberty Mututal and no problems there with anything. Had travelers and the whole situation was sh*t show. That's why I now have Liberty for everything. Travelers had a list and photos of everything that got damaged and still denied. For example, they had photos of a couch in the basement that was wet from the bottom and mold growing under (since the basement had carpet all around so we did not get the demolition crew to start for a few days and it got humid there) They just said that it was not from the water leak. Another one, had a full size refrigerator in my storage area (in the basement) directly under the water leak - they denied it for who knows what reason. They needed to question every single item on the list... Never again TRAVELERS. Their estimator/appraiser was terrible.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Last edited:

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Over the past 6 months my 2019 Bullitt insurance has gone up 30%! I'm with State Farm and I'm a 51 yo male. I stopped by the office and they said the classification had changed because of the price of parts. I can understand a slight increase due to inflation, but 30% seems like a lot. Any one else have this much of an increase?
Dang that is a huge increase! Pretty sure mine increased about 18% but I'm in Denver CO so large city with tons more accidents and costly repairs. Did you move or any other changes happen on your policy? Plenty of insurers are increasing prices across the board on coverage, but a whopping 30% without good reason is just greed.

Sponsored

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Exactly. The $500.00 "out of pocket" deductible savings sounds good, BUT..... If you save $200-350.00/year on your premium by choosing a higher deductible, and tend not to file a claim in less than every 5 years or longer, choosing that higher deductible is nothing but money in your pocket.

Deductibles are the biggest insurance marketing scams out there.

If someone drives a $20,000+ vehicle, but cant shell out $1000 in an emergency VS. $500.00, somethings severely wrong.
I went to my agent yesterday and changed my deductible to $1000 on both my truck & Mustang…Saved just under $500.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Damn I wish I was paying some of you guys’ increased prices but I guess that’s what I get for being in my 20s. My policy went up with Farmers out of nowhere by almost $200/month. I found out Costco has auto insurance through American Family. Ended up saving $200 per month. $250 deductible full coverage on 17 Mustang and 2010 Tundra. In Maryland

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL might not get stolen but that catalytic converter is definitely going to be gone.

🤣
I doubt it. My neighborhood has a bunch of trucks and Dork Stupidity Vehicles that would be much easier to rob than my Mustang. 😜

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn I wish I was paying some of you guys’ increased prices but I guess that’s what I get for being in my 20s.
Get married and let us know if your per-person rate goes down. 😇

Sponsored

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
My renewal didn't change one dime. I also have the TCU modules disabled on my Mustangs as well.

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
here in Australia just received my house ins it went up 33.7% i have had no claims they are blaming the floods in another state no chance where i am
my cars with sa me insurer are not due until next month others with them have had increase of 17%
as an aside EVERYTHING has gone up in weekly shopping here be it food clothing or appliances

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I went to my agent yesterday and changed my deductible to $1000 on both my truck & Mustang…Saved just under $500.
Now go 5+ years without a claim, and it’s like you just pocketed $2500.00+

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How much does the premium drop if you raised the collision deductible to $1000?
basically nothing. a few bucks. My vehicles have traditionally not carried collision, but uninsured has gone WAY up on my policy in the last year. Border/immigration enforcement matters.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Someone has to pay for the EV burning down :)
watch EV become uninsurable. Or the rates get jacked to the moon for property damage because your car just burned down your house and if a town-house the entire multi-unit complex.

It won't be long before EV will be required to be parked 20ft from any structure and parking garages will also deny entry.
Sponsored