Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Suspension advise appreciated - I have a 2017 Mustang GT with Ford performance 'Track Pack' sway bars front & rear plus the Ford Performance Toe Link Bearing upgrade. - Ideally I would have fitted the complete Ford Performance 'Track Pack' suspension package, however am unable to use the 20mm lowering springs due to clearance issues from the Header collector flanges - I have narrowed it down to the below two options:
1674346650441.png
No affiliation, but have you considered the
Steeda S550 Mustang Pro Action Adjustable Shocks & Struts GT/V6/EcoBoost (2015-2020) Product ID: 555 8157 ?

Whatever you get, I suggest you also look at new bump stops/jouncers, a new Ford “bolt kit” for all the replaceable suspension bolts, and a strut nut socket (the latter for if you plan to do it yourself.)

Not sure if that particular FP kit is has adjustable damping, but if I was not running Magnaride, I would prefer shocks and struts that are are manually adjustable. Just something to think about. Good luck with your choice.
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
What are you looking to achieve Tony?

IMHO the options above are probably both good combined with the Steeda RLCA bearing and rear shock mounts. The Bilsteins can be revalved and rebuilt here, and the FP ones probably can be but it might not be as straight forward. Obviously you'll need springs for the FP set so you could buy the Steeda min drop springs and put them on there if you want.

Of the 2 I'd prob go with the Bilsteins.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Looks a bit lower than stock to me but it could be the wheels or the angle. Can you see spring part # anywhere? Alternative is to measure centre of hub to guard on a flat surface and compare it to the ride heights folks have posted on here.

If you want to try an experiment just replace the rear shock mounts, RLCA bearings, and the rear dampers first as well as installing the Steeda rear cradle locating dowels and 'stop the hop' kit'. You may not want to even bother with the fronts particularly since you have the sway bar already installed.

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Looks a bit lower than stock to me but it could be the wheels or the angle. Can you see spring part # anywhere? Alternative is to measure centre of hub to guard on a flat surface and compare it to the ride heights folks have posted on here.

If you want to try an experiment just replace the rear shock mounts, RLCA bearings, and the rear dampers first as well as installing the Steeda rear cradle locating dowels and 'stop the hop' kit'. You may not want to even bother with the fronts particularly since you have the sway bar already installed.
Wheels are Shelby Venom – 19” x 9” & 19” x 9.5” with Michelin PS4's - You may be correct with it being lower than standard as it was a 'Dealer Showroom Model' with Ford Performance & Shelby gear fitted originally - However the springs are black & not dark blue?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Ah sorry re wheels I meant that different offsets can fill the guard gap and make it look lower than a car with stock wheels. Eibach springs are black and quite popular. If you can't see part# a hub to guard measurement is the only way to know.

Sponsored

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Hello Forum , First time poster , laid down the deposit for a Dark Matter Grey GT with spoiler couple weeks back with " expected " delivery early May ( not really thinking i see it then ) . Thinking of ideas to give exterior a bit of a pop and was thinking some GT 350 style stripes in a satin pearl white might look good but open to any suggestions/pictures from anyone who has done it . Also living in Brisbane looking for a heads up on anyone doing custom striping locally . Cant wait to get my car , it's killing me already . Great to see an active local aussie mustang forum thread .

Edit thinking something like this , white will really pop on the DMG
ScreenShot1266.jpg

Last edited:

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
Hello Forum , First time poster , laid down the deposit for a Dark Matter Grey GT with spoiler couple weeks back with " expected " delivery early May ( not really thinking i see it then ) . Thinking of ideas to give exterior a bit of a pop and was thinking some GT 350 style stripes in a satin pearl white might look good but open to any suggestions/pictures from anyone who has done it . Also living in Brisbane looking for a heads up on anyone doing custom striping locally . Cant wait to get my car , it's killing me already . Great to see an active local aussie mustang forum thread .

ScreenShot1266.jpg
Big Worm Graphix in the US make a lot of stripe kits then you can DIY or pay a shop to fit. There’s lots of YouTube videos and doesn’t look that hard if you take your time.

https://bigwormgraphix.com/2018-2022-mustang/

How did you get one this late? Was it a cancelled order?

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Big Worm Graphix in the US make a lot of stripe kits then you can DIY or pay a shop to fit. There’s lots of YouTube videos and doesn’t look that hard if you take your time.

https://bigwormgraphix.com/2018-2022-mustang/

How did you get one this late? Was it a cancelled order?
Was looking to buy used but with many 21/22 used cars being more than a new one i went around a couple dealers and was surprised to see some open allocations.
After sorting through what was available i took what was on offer that appealled to me the most , i was surprised myself and the prices were MRSP so pretty well on impulse i decided cant do better than that atm and signed /paid deposit . Even more surprising was the relative short lead time to delivery . ( i have realistic expectations about the April 27 delivery date and fully expect to have to wait till July )
I could have waited till the new gen but i actually prefer the look of the gen6 and i think the gen 7 going to be a $85k driveaway car . Not a fan of buying first year of new gen cars either as this where the most problems come along with the last year of old gen being the most sorted car .

Been a long journey to get this car and be happy when it's in my driveway

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
when i ordered mine in 2017 i had genuine ford stripes fitted at dealers
only thing i didnt like was they didnt extend them all way down
see my wanted add in classifieds for explanation
they have a genuine ford part number and i had to buy another complete set for my new bonnet
just a thought ask the dealer to toss them in or????

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe

ScreenShot1266.jpg
I think Orange goes well with the metallic grey colours. This is my Magnetic 2017.
IMG_4654.jpg
IMG_4657.jpg

Sponsored

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Picking wheels is probably the most difficult decision to make modifying Mustangs . Really like these wheels but no clue on brand so if anyine can identify these if would be hugely appreciated
ScreenShot1289.jpg

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
One thing i definitely want to change is that ugly Faux gas cap type thing on the panel between the tail lights . Does anyone know if thats removable ( stuck on hopefully ) or do i need to get a new panel from the US ? Who actually thought that was a good idea ? The US rear is so much cleaner / better looking with out it .

ScreenShot1300.jpg

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
when i ordered mine in 2017 i had genuine ford stripes fitted at dealers
only thing i didnt like was they didnt extend them all way down
see my wanted add in classifieds for explanation
they have a genuine ford part number and i had to buy another complete set for my new bonnet
just a thought ask the dealer to toss them in or????
I am doing a non standard stripe colour so factory or ready made after market stripes are not going to cut it unfortunately and i think dealer stripes are about 500 , i reckon i can do as good as that custom . Thanks anyway

Reactions: PKs

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
One thing i definitely want to change is that ugly Faux gas cap type thing on the panel between the tail lights . Does anyone know if thats removable ( stuck on hopefully ) or do i need to get a new panel from the US ? Who actually thought that was a good idea ? The US rear is so much cleaner / better looking with out it .

ScreenShot1300.jpg
The faux gas cap is not removable, best option is to get replace with a new panel. wont be cheap tho

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)

The faux gas cap is not removable, best option is to get replace with a new panel. wont be cheap tho

I think ive sourced one that should cost $200 but its hard to commit to that without a car delivered thus far , i suppose wouldnt be hard to sell it if FN doesnt eventuate . If this FN get falls through i will buy the new gen
Sponsored