Sponsored

How many of you guys daily your Mach 1s? Extra credit for manual trans!

1hotboss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
none
Unfortunately I live in Canada, with the fall, winter and spring not be conducive to the best times to drive the car due to the state of the roads and weather. Plus under a certain those tires would be hard as a rock. But once the weather breaks I don't hesitate driving it daily weather permitting
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Unless it is bad weather, mine is my daily. I am averaging a little under 1k a month...few longer trips in there. I love driving it...about 18 mile drive to work each day. Mine is an auto. I have it set on normal drive mode but with sport exhaust once out of my neighborhood...Friday (or last day of work week as I telework some each week) it goes into track exhaust as a celebration of the end of the week.

Last edited:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I drive my HP M1 about 30 miles round trip 3 or 4 times a week and use as my main weekend car. I drive my F150 if the weather is really bad (in San Jose, really bad is under 35 deg. and or raining cats and dogs with a chance of flooding)

I drove her home from Granger, Iowa at the end of August, putting 2900 miles on during the trip. She just turned over 8000 miles, with two weekender trips to L.A. and a few shorter jaunts to Monterey and Sonoma, one in a driving rain, that had me a little worried about the tires. The Michelin PS4s tires haven't hydroplaned bad enough to lose any control, even in a couple inches of standing water on Hwy 101. Maybe my best decision yet for the Mach.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Not my daily but I wish it was. It's definitely a gas guzzler just like the tax I paid for that. I average about 15 mpg and 11 mpg on E85. I'd be filling up weekly if I drove every day to work with all the city driving on a manual. I didn't buy it for gas mileage though and I do plenty of spirited pulls.

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Daily....but I'm retired, so it's a school bus for the granddaughter and grocery getter!

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Not my daily but I wish it was. It's definitely a gas guzzler just like the tax I paid for that. I average about 15 mpg and 11 mpg on E85. I'd be filling up weekly if I drove every day to work with all the city driving on a manual. I didn't buy it for gas mileage though and I do plenty of spirited pulls.
Yeah she thirsty in the city with a manual for sure lol but honestly not bad the 08 Honda Accord beater I was driving was getting 19-20 combined and it had like 2hp. On this I am getting 15-16 combined.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Kudos to all those that daily drive the Mach 1, and specially with the HP. I couldn’t imagine daily driving mine, no way. Just thinking of dents or scratches. It gets way too much attention as it is, which sadly, can be a bad thing.

That said, I drive it as much as I can, and enjoy every minute of it. It’s not garage trophy.

I got a “regular” GT for daily driving, and MT-82 in the 22’s is a blast to drive. Shockingly great.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I daily my manual HP Mach 1, as it is my only car. Even if I could afford to have a second car as well, I don’t think I’d want to. I would have a hard time choosing to not take the Mach just to “protect” it. I also don’t think it’s a waste of automotive potential, especially compared to the alternative of leaving it in the garage and only using it on the perfect weather days here and there. It’s certainly meant to be driven, as you say! And just because I daily it, doesn’t mean it can’t also get driven harder on all those nice days and weekends, it just gets double duty. I understand both perspectives as far as when people want to use it, but I’m on the side of I spent this much on it, so I’m going to use it really as much as possible. It’s comfortable and easy to drive, and even though unfortunately at least 80% of my daily 40 mile commute is relatively heavy traffic, I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Unless it is bad weather, mine is my daily. I am averaging a little under 1k a year...few longer trips in there. I love driving it...about 18 mile drive to work each day. Mine is an auto. I have it set on normal drive mode but with sport exhaust once out of my neighborhood...Friday (or last day of work week as I telework some each week) it goes into track exhaust as a celebration of the end of the week.
Hmm a daily averaging under 1k miles per year, including some longer trips, and an 18 mile drive to work?? Something isn’t adding up there lol. Teleworking must be more than just some each week it seems! However that works for you, it is nice to be able to “daily” it is while also not racking up many miles at all.

Jagular35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oggy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2022 Mustang Mach 1 (soon)
I daily my HP 6 speed for the 16 mile round trip. Sold my F150 for it and it gets better gas mileage, not surprisingly. I still have the Cup2's on. Rain, snow, frost, flooding, seems to be okay. It's gotten a little hairy a few times but it's still a car.
20220924_081545.jpg

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Thinking about ordering one and if I do, it will be a daily. I want to keep mileage down on my M2
That said if there is still ADM I will look somewhere else.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I daily my manual HP Mach 1, as it is my only car. Even if I could afford to have a second car as well, I don’t think I’d want to. I would have a hard time choosing to not take the Mach just to “protect” it. I also don’t think it’s a waste of automotive potential, especially compared to the alternative of leaving it in the garage and only using it on the perfect weather days here and there. It’s certainly meant to be driven, as you say! And just because I daily it, doesn’t mean it can’t also get driven harder on all those nice days and weekends, it just gets double duty. I understand both perspectives as far as when people want to use it, but I’m on the side of I spent this much on it, so I’m going to use it really as much as possible. It’s comfortable and easy to drive, and even though unfortunately at least 80% of my daily 40 mile commute is relatively heavy traffic, I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
Yep, I have a second car an 08 Honda accord. That thing is just sitting collecting dust at the moment. LOL

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Thinking about ordering one and if I do, it will be a daily. I want to keep mileage down on my M2
That said if there is still ADM I will look somewhere else.
Great choice, get rid of that M2! LOL I think we are good with Markups now, you should be able to find a easy MSRP or below at this time. I don't think you can order any more, I think the order banks are closed. Either way Good luck!

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Hmm a daily averaging under 1k miles per year, including some longer trips, and an 18 mile drive to work?? Something isn’t adding up there lol. Teleworking must be more than just some each week it seems! However that works for you, it is nice to be able to “daily” it is while also not racking up many miles at all.
Oops..meant 1K a month...at a little over 20K on it now. Great daily driver.
Sponsored