Sponsored

How many of you guys daily your Mach 1s? Extra credit for manual trans!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
So we had a 60 degree day in N GA today and I treated my new 2022 6MT Mach 1 to about a 70 mile cruise through the mountains. Although I got it in early November, with weather and other issues I still haven’t bused 300 miles, so it‘s not broken in by a long shot.

But it’s a great, great car and it wants-no, demands to be driven hard. I wouldn’t buy this car with the intention of mamby-pambying around with it. Yeah, I guess you could do it but it’d be a waste of your time and a waste of automotive potential. This car handles beautifully but it’s no ballerina. It likes to be muscled into curves and the shifter requires a manly throw. It’s an entirely different car from the 2022 6MT GT I traded in on it. Not even close. The car is fast and loud, and seems happiest in track mode which is how I roll it.

I was thinking today it might not be just the ticket for daily commuting but maybe I’m wrong. What say you guys?
Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Is there anything more enjoyable to commute in? I say no.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I love to daily my 6 speed HP. Drive 40ish miles a day to work. It’s actually very comfortable.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I do not really daily anything atm. on sunday I drive/ride to Mobile Alabama from Baton Rouge. On Thursday evening or Friday morning I go back to BR for the weekend.

most of the trips if I do not ride with my roommate, I take the bike. or, like this last weekend, the wife and kiddo came with for a day to enjoy some mardi gras parades, so we took the 4runner. I am not going anywhere for 3 weeks (wife coming up this weekend for mardi gras just us two, wife and son following week for family mardi gras festivities), so my bike will be parked for 3 weeks, along with the car at the house in BR. Only reason I may go anywhere on the bike will be to get liquor, it is expensive as hell downtown ($13 bottle of vodka cost 30 bucks, a fifth of jack almost $40) when in BR, I take either the 4runner, the Mach, or the Bronco depending on weather, what has gas, and if the Bronco is running right. She is going into the shop soon for an engine overhaul. Once she is out, she'll likely be my main weekend ride weather depending and also for bad weather, my ride out to Mobile and back. If it is raining, I take neither the car nor bike. I wait for no rain if I can't catch a ride. If I have to leave before light, I take the Mach weather permitting.

In the last year, I've put 4k on the Mach, 4500 on the bike, 2k on the Bronco, and about 4k on the 4runner. and about 8k on my roomates rides (Heep and Challenged).

If I can do a manual conversion on the Bronco this spring, it'll be my main ride back and forth for sure, since I can get it to about 17mpg with the EFI conversion once tuned right. unless weather is perfect, then I'll take the bike. But I move in May anyways. and family trips back to BR to see family will always be in the 4runner. I may be down to under 100 miles amonth on the car/bike/bronco combined. I live a block and a half from work, 3 blocks from the grocery store, 2 blocks from the gym. and a block from about 20 dif. bars and restaurants. no need to drive anywhere most of the time.

Sponsored

hockeydave55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, 1969 Fiat 500F, 2023 MachE, 2013 Focus
Mine is my daily. Love every minute of it. The six speed is fantastic.

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
I daily mine and it's a manual. Just gone over 1000.miles since picking it up at the end of last year. I've put winter tyres on it though and our winters in the UK are nowhere close to some of yours across the pond.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Nope... have owned it for about 17 months and currently sitting at 3,800 miles. Under it's winter blanket. This is probably the most expensive car I'll ever buy and I want it to feel new as long as possible. Slogging through the 19 traffic lights between home and work is NOT enjoyable. Weekend blasts through back roads, and car shows, that's what it's job is for us!

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I don't but I will say this is one of the easiest 6 speeds to operate in my history of driving. Still sucks in a full blown traffic jam but general driving I don't feel nearly as fatigued as i did in the past. I also upgraded the spring to the steeda version which helped a-lot.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I don't but I will say this is one of the easiest 6 speeds to operate in my history of driving. Still sucks in a full blown traffic jam but general driving I don't feel nearly as fatigued as i did in the past. I also upgraded the spring to the steeda version which helped a-lot.
True, I find it super easy to drive in traffic as well, it even accelarates for you in first LOL. The "crawl mode" is very nice and the nice thing about it is how stable there car is at low rpms, there is no bucking, much smoother than other manuals and both my 14GT and 07GT.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Nope... have owned it for about 17 months and currently sitting at 3,800 miles. Under it's winter blanket. This is probably the most expensive car I'll ever buy and I want it to feel new as long as possible. Slogging through the 19 traffic lights between home and work is NOT enjoyable. Weekend blasts through back roads, and car shows, that's what it's job is for us!
True I hear ya, thankfully my commute has minor traffic usually and its only 20 min. If I lived in congested area such as LA, no way I would destroy my M1 in LA traffic and crappy streets.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I picked mine up mid-October and now have about 4.5k miles on it. The more I drive it, the better.
DSC_2796.JPG

JBlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I daily my 6 speed as well. I paid to much to not enjoy it every day.
Sponsored