Sponsored

Why do you use your Mustang as a weekend only car?

Why do you use your Mustang as a weekend only car?

• Total voters

2023EGM1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1, 2019 Audi S4
I’m curious about this. I’m more on the “show-off” worries, but my guess it’s a minority vote?
Sponsored

WV millwright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2018 F 150 2017 Escape
22 GT. Bought the car to be a cruiser, weekend ride. I have a truck for more practical use. Don't think Mustang will do well hunting, fishing and camping. I can't pull a 29 ft camper with it. 😂.

Growing up as a kid I always dreamed of owning one. I am finally in a position to allow that to happen and plan to keep it for a long time. I don't want to put in necessary wear and tear on it. I'll always have a truck to daily drive.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Suburban is way more practical for daily use with no concerns about curbs, pot holes, uninsured drivers, idiots wanting to race, etc. Besides my Mustang is my therapy from everyday life. If I drive it every day it wouldn’t be special.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
I drive for fun and road trips. Didn't seem to fit a category. I've got a car and a truck for the daily runs.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
This is in the Mach 1 thread, so I’m assuming you mean Mach 1’s?

My 19 GT is my daily driver and always has been. The Mach 1 I just bought will be a weekend warrior when I feel it.

Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I used sports cars for daily driving in HS/College and looking back it was fun but a pain at certain times. I learned to live with that pain but now I need a car to do actual work with and a mustang just isn't the car for that. Could I haul camera gear around with it? Sure but I just don't want to and thus don't want to be in a situation where I have to. I have my daily driver that I could care less if you scratch it, i can beat on it and can throw stuff around in it. I will drive it till the wheels fall off and then pay somebody to put them back on. There's a lot of value in that and keeping mustang in good condition.

Pipefittermax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2306
With all the snow here in Minnesota, it's not a weekend only car, it's a summer only car.🥶

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Have a daily driver. Have a vintage beetle, HD bike, mach1 and GW boat as toys. Gotta rotate!

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Because I can. I get 50% joy from driving it 25% joy from detailing it 25% joy from looking at it.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
I’m curious about this. I’m more on the “show-off” worries, but my guess it’s a minority vote?
I enjoy mine everyday but I am also in “show off at work” camp.
I have thought about this a lot but it just doesn’t make any sense to keep a new car with warranty garaged 6 days a week while I buy a cheap run around (which I will probably have problems with because it’s cheap, plus insurance, rego etc).
I think once my warranty is up I might think about buying a cheap work car but it doesn’t make much sense buying one right now.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I drive over 200 plus a day and carry parts and tools for work. I have a 22 CX5 that is more practical both fuel mileage and interior space wise for what I do. That said I do on occasion drive my mustang to work when I don't need all my parts for the or have a shorter commute that day..

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
The vert is perfect fun weekend and holiday road tripper. Commuting and parking is a not fun activity no matter the car.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
It's combination of factors for me. I work from home so don't commute, there's family car for errands and grocery shopping which impose risks in parking lots and malls. I want to keep it forever so don't want to put needless miles on it or expose it to bad weather and salt (also want to have it clean all the time without washing it all the time). And yeah, petrol price here too to some small degree (but non-issue with my planned 5000 km/y).

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
No worries about looking like a show-off at work. After all, it's "just a Mustang" as people on here love to point out over and over. But for some weird reason, part of the joy of ownership is always keeping it clean and looking new as possible. Has been the same for all the Mustangs I've owned. I refused to buy one until I was old enough to afford that plus a daily. If I had to daily it and have it look like my truck, it just wouldn't seem as special... there's not a vote category for that though LOL.

ABAA4F0B-FB8F-4F51-9AD5-BBFF4AA0CC05.jpeg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
What ?
Sponsored