Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That is great to hear. Thanks ... I will swing by my local dealer tomorrow to see what they have to say. I do know that Roush did a software upgrade to supposedly help the cats last. My last calibration was over a year ago, so not sure if the upgrade was implemented then.

When mine went earlier this year I was told by the Dealer that it was a 7 year warranty and the supercharger addition didn't matter. They replaced it no problem, dropped the car off on Wednesday for diagnostics and picked it up the following Monday.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
That is great to hear. Thanks ... I will swing by my local dealer tomorrow to see what they have to say. I do know that Roush did a software upgrade to supposedly help the cats last. My last calibration was over a year ago, so not sure if the upgrade was implemented then.
Is there anyway to know if you are running the latest Roush software without going to the dealer?

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
If you send [email protected] an email with your VIN they should be able to help.
Thanks for the tip. I actually did this to see whether or not I'm running the latest calibration and also to see if my shift points of 1-2 and 3-4 are supposed to be that jarring on SPORT+ or TRACK.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Geez, This post has continued to stay alive and evolved 😝

Honestly, Cats and Boost are MEH at best, Sure you can continue to bandaid, tune, hope for the best (Kaboom) but in the end just get rid of them, run E85 or a 93/Octanium mix and have fun with the car.

Warrantied stuff is awesome if you’re happy with what the base kits provide but once you start tinkering I would lose the cats

JMHO…..

Last edited:

Markuaw1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 gt mustang convertible 10 speed Roush 2650

Honestly, Cats and Boost are MEH at best, Sure you can continue to bandaid, tune, hope for the best but in the end just get rid of them, run E85 or a 93/Octanium mix and have fun with the car.

Warrantied stuff is awesome if you’re happy with what the base kids provide but once you start tinkering I would lose the cats

JMHO…..
That's exactly what I did went with some inch and 7/8 stainless power headers cat delete

Honestly, Cats and Boost are MEH at best, Sure you can continue to bandaid, tune, hope for the best but in the end just get rid of them, run E85 or a 93/Octanium mix and have fun with the car.

Warrantied stuff is awesome if you’re happy with what the base kids provide but once you start tinkering I would lose the cats

JMHO…..
That's exactly what I did when was some stainless power long tube headers did the cat delete couldn't be happier

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That's exactly what I did went with some inch and 7/8 stainless power headers cat delete

That's exactly what I did when was some stainless power long tube headers did the cat delete couldn't be happier
Honestly if I did it again, stock manifolds, cat delete pipes, 3” cat back, BAP, (Whipple) 11 lb setup, Lund tune and a mix fuel like 93/260 GT

A setup like that would run low 10’s all day long in good air

Last edited:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Based on the tip above Roush confirmed that there is an update for my car and also that I needed to drive it in Normal Mode for about a tank of gas and NO paddle shifting. I wasn't told this at the dealership that installed my kit so looks like I'll be doing this in spring when she comes out of storage.

Your vehicle does have an update for your calibration. We recommend taking your vehicle to an authorized Roush dealer, so the dealer is able to open up a case with our tech department who will be able to receive the needed codes to do the update. After flashing, we will have the dealer complete the relearn drive cycle for the trans adaptive. Once you receive your vehicle back, we would recommend driving your vehicle for at least one tank of gas in normal mode with no manual shifting.

Markuaw1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 gt mustang convertible 10 speed Roush 2650
Honestly if I did it again, stock manifolds, cat delete pipes, 3” cat back, BAP, (Whipple) 11 lb setup, Lund tune and a mix fuel like 93/260 GT

A setup like that would run low 10’s all day long in good air
SmartSelect_20230110_080125_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Based on the tip above Roush confirmed that there is an update for my car and also that I needed to drive it in Normal Mode for about a tank of gas and NO paddle shifting. I wasn't told this at the dealership that installed my kit so looks like I'll be doing this in spring when she comes out of storage.
Does Roush or the dealership tell you what the "updates" are? Or, do they just update your calibration without telling you? I, personally, would like to know what they are updating.
I'm sure I have several "updates" for my car as I never bring it to the dealership. lol
Thanks.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Roush let's you know what the latest calibration affects.

Does Roush or the dealership tell you what the "updates" are? Or, do they just update your calibration without telling you? I, personally, would like to know what they are updating.
I'm sure I have several "updates" for my car as I never bring it to the dealership. lol
Thanks.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Had my flash update completed yesterday. Same as you, drove home and into garage for at least another 8 weeks.

Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Had my flash update completed yesterday. Same as you, drove home and into garage for at least another 8 weeks.
I may call the local Roush dealership and get the flash update done too. I took her out today just to stretch her legs a little and let the alternator run a bit LOL

Did you have to pay for the flash or is that something that Roush does for the lifetime of the install? I've got about 41000 Ford points I'm itching to use.

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
I may call the local Roush dealership and get the flash update done too. I took her out today just to stretch her legs a little and let the alternator run a bit LOL

Did you have to pay for the flash or is that something that Roush does for the lifetime of the install? I've got about 41000 Ford points I'm itching to use.
If you're still under the Roush warranty they'll do it for free. I would suggest calling Roush first to verify before showing up to a dealer. What I found out when I needed mine updated is that a lot of dealers don't like to mess with it.