Sponsored

No Drill License Plate Suggestions

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
I live in a two plate State and could use some pics and suggestions on front license plate mounts. Going on a Mach 1. I'm looking for a relatively sturdy mount that I don't have to worry about falling off. Thanks.
Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
What is worth considering is max surface double-sided adhesive tape from the automotive business.
The same stuff you use to fix the various spoilers, lips, etc. in addition to the screws.
This is available in wider rolls (at least over here).
This has very good adhesive strength, is suitable for the usual operating temperatures in the automotive sector and can be separated later with e.g. a fishing line.
You can get rid of the residue on the paint using the usual methods for removing stickers.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
I can only recommend Craig's brackets

I have it on my car and if you search for it, you'll find that multiple others on this forum is using the same of the same reasons as you and me - no drilling and easy to take off for pictures or show.

The homepage and pictures says it should be mountet on the crossmember section of the bumber. I didn't like that so I mounted mine underneath the splitter in front.

There is doublesided tape on the bracket when you get it and there was included adhesion promoter. I have driven multiple times at 160 mph and even more times at >125mph . No issues at all.

The car is in storage for the winter so I can't take clear photos but I found a video which I took a screenshot of (reason for the poor quality) where you can see the bracket slightly underneath due to the light colored floor. The second picture is with the plate mounted.

throw a PM if you want to know more. :like:

Mustang bracket.jpg
Mustang bracket 2.jpg

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I live in a two plate state. I do not wear the front plate, but am prepared if stopped (I've never been pulled over or asked about the plate). 😁

Edit, 22 Aug 22: The last photo in this post highlights the bracket assembly for the plate, how a tang in the back is welded to the plate in the front. The tow hook shaft screws into the receiver and the plate assembly screws onto the shaft.

When I received my license plate assembly, the tang in the back was mis-aligned with the plate in the front. The hole in the front did not line up true with the tang in the back. I've since confirmed from another member his was received same.

I take it that two of us receiving same it is something in ZL1's manufacturing process. ZL1 does have a warranty policy: https://zl1addons.com/pages/product-warranty

I massaged mine, bending the tang in the back of the plate until things lined up better with the hole in the front.

Option 1: open a ticket with ZL1 for a return/replacement.

Option 2: massage yours like I did, knowing you're voiding the warranty for the plate bracket.

I'll be sending ZL1 and e-mail as a follow-up.

The tow hook shaft and hook end were received and installed without issue.

-----------------------Original Post Follows-----------------------------

For those of you weighing license plate options for your M1, if you have an HP in-particular, attached are some photos of Skye.

I purchased a complete tow hook assembly from ZL1 Addons; this included a shaft for screwing into the receiver and the hook itself. The hooks can be bought in black, red or no color, if you want to locally power coat a custom color.

I also purchased a plate assembly only, for the tag..

From the photos, I can readily switch from plate to hook and back in moments. It's in a nice place, not blocking anything.

I plan on leaving the hook on and carrying the plates. If pulled over, I'll claim I just came back from the track and forgot to put the plate back on. :bandit:

skye zl1 001.jpg

skye zl1 002.jpg

skye zl1 003.jpg

skye zl1 004.jpg

skye zl1 005.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I live in a two plate state. I do not wear the front plate, but am prepared if stopped (I've never been pulled over or asked about the plate). 😁
Same here... 😁 If you know your State's plate laws, sometimes there's loopholes. I keep the State Statue saved on my phone for ease of reference.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Where are you in Texas? I live in Houston. Two plates isn't a thing police care about here. I could see it possibly being an issue in a small town. However, I've been pulled over several times, no registration sticker in the front window, no front plate, and tint way too dark to be legal. Never been an issue for any of those items. Not on my truck or car, or my wifes car.

If you drive respectful, there is a good chance you never get pulled over anyways. There are way bigger crimes to solve than a car with no front plate.

Now, if you are breaking other laws, like running red lights, 100 mph through school zones, reckless driving, drinking and driving, then totally ignore what I am saying, because they are going to throw the book at you, and no front plate will be the least of your worries LOL

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Same here... 😁 If you know your State's plate laws, sometimes there's loopholes. I keep the State Statue saved on my phone for ease of reference.
Same for me and have never been pulled over and gone by dozens upon dozens of cop cars sitting at medians waiting for people to speed by. Never been bothered by a single cop about not having a front plate even when I got pulled over for a bogus stop once because someone called me in for passing them :facepalm:

OP
OP
First Stang

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Im in Houston. For a front plate state, the majority of teslas and other ‘premium’ cars dont seem to have them. Ive read that there is a good effort to repeal the two plate law with some resistance from troopers. Since Houston is along I-10. A good percentage of cars are just passing by so I can see why the police don’t bother but for rural areas, it may be an issue. Thanks for the suggestions.

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
Been 2 years since I've owned my car and no issues without the front plate (southern california). With that being said, I know it's bound to catch up with me and I'd rather not give a cop a reason to pull me over...

Just purchased this off ebay 2 nights ago... looks like it uses the lower grille area to hold on to.

Screenshot_20230110_235345_eBay.jpg

Sponsored

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I had a Sto n show on my 2015, and just ordered one for my 2016 PP GT as it doesn't have a bracket either (I also live in Houston and would rather not be pulled over for something as stupid as a front plate). Looks like they have one for a Mach 1 with and without the handling pack. I ordered mine from CJ Pony for a little less plus a discount code. Think I paid $84. I'm just hoping it comes in before my plates do.

https://stonsho.com/front-license-p...-mustang-mach-1-without-handling-pack-sns280/

https://stonsho.com/front-license-p...-and-with-factory-splitter-installed-sns280a/

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
I'm in Texas as well. I have never had a front plate on my mustang. I put a Craig's custom bracket on my daughter's 2017 but she rarely ran a front plate. She got pulled over a handful of times but it was always by a trooper and I'm sure she was driving like an asshole or speeding. She always just got a warning anyway. Most people that will pull you over will be DPS if they need it for PC. I have a CC bracket for mine but I won't put it on until it becomes an issue. Most high-end cars don't run front plates. Most LEO's tell me that if you can afford a car that costs that much you probably aren't out doing hoodrat shit.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
I have a Sto N Go. The only thing I dont like about it is its mounted low and may (or may not) block some of the airflow under the bumper. I'd like to see it in the normal location in front of the bumper (actually I would not like to see it at all)

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Last edited:

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name