Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

tsantsa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I assume you got one of those thin plastic remotes that has R, G, B and then various color combos for buttons. That must control a module within the bulb via radio frequency.
I'm guessing there's modules out there that would interface this to what the car has.

But I probably make it sound way simpler than it is.
Oh I understand you now. Yeah thatā€™s what I have.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Removed the under engine pan to remove a few pebbles and leaves. Tool that fell down there had nothing to do with it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My lathewerks titanium sphere finally came in the other day, installed it and it looks and feels lovely. Satin bead blasted with the pattern and "GT" laser engraved. It sits a little higher than the stock knob, but doesn't look too out of place. I've had metal knobs before, so I know what to expect temperature wise. I'll just cover it in the summer. Hard to beat the feel of smooth titanium though...

I also really like how he installs a little allen key inside the base of the knob for adjustments, so you don't need a jam nut or to rely on just loctite.

20230110_184555.jpg

Sponsored

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My lathewerks titanium sphere finally came in the other day, installed it and it looks and feels lovely. Satin bead blasted with the pattern and "GT" laser engraved. It sits a little higher than the stock knob, but doesn't look too out of place. I've had metal knobs before, so I know what to expect temperature wise. I'll just cover it in the summer. Hard to beat the feel of smooth titanium though...

I also really like how he installs a little allen key inside the base of the knob for adjustments, so you don't need a jam nut or to rely on just loctite.

20230110_184555.jpg
Very Nice.
I just replaced my auto gear shift with this custom one from White Madness Garage:

20230107_172628.jpg

20230107_172617.jpg

20230107_172611.jpg

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

20230110_184555.jpg
That looks similar to the one in the new CTR, at least from the material standpoint.

Is that going to freeze to your hand in the winter and burn you in the summer?
Or are you like me - leave the car always in 1st gear and never shifting? My commute can be managed redlining 1st gear for 20min, it's got tall gearing and all! It's one of them semi-autos.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Very Nice.
I just replaced my auto gear shift with this custom one from White Madness Garage:

20230107_172628.jpg

20230107_172617.jpg

20230107_172611.jpg
That looks awesome, is that the name of your car or a reference?
That looks similar to the one in the new CTR, at least from the material standpoint.

Is that going to freeze to your hand in the winter and burn you in the summer?
Or are you like me - leave the car always in 1st gear and never shifting? My commute can be managed redlining 1st gear for 20min, it's got tall gearing and all! It's one of them semi-autos.
Yeah, I'm a sucker for the brushed/satin finish. The 595 Comp knob in my Abarth was the same way, and I missed it.

As far as temperature extremes, I'm assuming all of the above. But since it's titanium, I have no idea what thermal properties it has in practical use, so it will be an interesting experiment. I have ceramic tint for summer sun, and I'll probably use a cover as well if it gets really bad.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That looks awesome, is that the name of your car or a reference?

Yeah, I'm a sucker for the brushed/satin finish. The 595 Comp knob in my Abarth was the same way, and I missed it.

As far as temperature extremes, I'm assuming all of the above. But since it's titanium, I have no idea what thermal properties it has in practical use, so it will be an interesting experiment. I have ceramic tint for summer sun, and I'll probably use a cover as well if it gets really bad.
Yep = Sally . . . I think its the 7th or 8th most popular name for a Mustang šŸ˜œ

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue

Good choice, I went with a Lathewerks titanium too. They do nice work..
Didn't use the allen set inside as it stopped perfect without it. Was a good match to the car too.
20200515_152110.jpg

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
pulled off the cover and drove it! Temps at 40F and no rain in forecast.
Playing hide and seek with the weather. Hope to keep it on the road all winter except for rain and snow days or salty roads.

IMG_6535.jpg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks. I was planning on seeing if I can find one today. Iā€™m surprised they didnā€™t include one with it.
I found mine at my local Ace Hardware store. Make sure you get an actual jam nut (which is thinner than a regular nut) for clearance purposes. Test for it in the parking lot before you leave to make sure it is the correct thread pitch.
Sponsored