Sponsored

What is the Fastest Speed You Have Reached, and for How Long?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You got the trunk without the spoiler? If so, wow, I'm pretty surprised it functions that well to keep mine planted at 150+. I've been thinking of removing it, but since I actually utilize those speeds, I guess not!
I don't think the PP1 spoiler creates any real down-force. Maybe a little, but not enough to really do anything.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MidnightStars

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't think the PP1 spoiler creates any real down-force. Maybe a little, but not enough to really do anything.
Not even that. I have the 2016 model w/ a basic trunk spoiler. It must be just enough to prevent any floaty feelings. Either that, or the road isn't optimal for him.
1673028857123.png

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
130 on my 1978 Suzuki 750 before the warranty ran out. 2-3 min, no windshield and open helmet. Mach1 120 on an airport road.

Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Not even that. I have the 2016 model w/ a basic trunk spoiler. It must be just enough to prevent any floaty feelings. Either that, or the road isn't optimal for him.
1673028857123.png
I'm going to take the conservative route if I'm going to get above 120 on a public road when the car was that unproven at the time. I had no modifications other than the wheels, tires and exhaust...I had to add a strut brace and a factory K member. The car didn't come with any. I also had to align the rear subframe with the steeda kit to take out the slop, but I hadn't done anything else at the time. The car was at factory height with factory non PP GT brakes.

The moment I started feeling that the car was starting to loose traction I made a mental note and decided to not push the car any farther. I could have pushed it farther, sure, but I chose not to. I learned what I needed to.

Since then I've completely reworked the suspension (thanks Steeda), complete GT350 big brake kit, GT350 PP 3, different wheels and tires, and improved the shifting. I would need to get the car out and try again. The car corners exceptionally well and has no problem stopping. Who knows what that top speed could be now.

Since I will be tracking the car downforce is something I need to consider in the future. I really just don't want to go drilling holes until I have to.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Yes I didn't like what came from the factory when I was first in the market for one of these cars back in 2017. I waited almost all year for grabber blue. Getting a manual GT was hard enough, then it was the premium package. I couldn't get into a PP car, so I got what I could get. The car had the spoiler delete option already.

So now that I've pretty much converted the car for track I need to decide what to do.
145 at a abandoned airport. Nice long runway used to be the factory airstrip for the gruman f14. Again hats off to Ford felt like 85 on the interstate. On a long trip out west I can see this car cruising at 120 all day. The only scary thing was how good it felt. The mustang is a autobahn car for sure. I also did 140 on a 03 Honda st1300 for about a mile on Jones Beach parkway straight road for over 10 miles no traffic lights & no traffic great high speed road. Cars have improved so much in 67 I took my new gto to 130 and that was terrifying vs today 140 just feels fast.

Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Highlander DD, 2019 GT350
About 600mph in a plane

Joking aside...I am tame compared to yall. I got my Highlander to 110mph and it couldnt go any faster. Before that my MKIV GTI VR6 130mph.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The moment I started feeling that the car was starting to loose traction I made a mental note and decided to not push the car any farther.
At what speed was that ? My base GT w/ firestone firehawks indy 500's & steeda subframe alignment & bushing kit at a buck eighty felt very solid and was very planted to the road. No floating what-so-ever.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
At what speed was that ? My base GT w/ firestone firehawks indy 500's & steeda subframe alignment & bushing kit at a buck eighty felt very solid and was very planted to the road. No floating what-so-ever.
135. I had luggage in the trunk and my wife was asleep in the passenger seat, so I had extra weight in the car as well. I just remember feeling a distinct change in how the car handled at that point.

To the car's credit she never woke up during the entire run.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
140 ish, in Mexico of course. The car feels fine as long as the pavement is smooth.

04mazdaspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
145 in a 04 gto for about 45 seconds but felt like forever. 150 in my focus rs. Maybe 120 in my mach 1. I have no desire to reach these speeds often. Usually once in a very blue moon but Im more scared of wrecking my car than killing myself..lol Im the person that loves taking road trips but I actually have to enjoy the ride. Trying to maintain a super high rate of speed for any given amount of time is dumb to me for obvious reasons. Id rather the trip takes what it takes while im safely cruising at 70mph, jamming to music, stopping where and when i want. If I wanted to get somewhere fast, Id fly..lol

GRStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max, 2021 Mustang GT500
On a brief blast I looked down after I let off and saw 151. Got there frighteningly fast with a ton left. Felt like 90. Completely planted and stable.

Deleted member 13861

156 for about 5 miles in a 2012 GT 500 Governed or I had a bit more courage but a very ill handling car at those speeds. 135 is about it for my taste in that car. My GT 350 has seen 125 but it's not even struggling. S550 is much more planted car vs S197 platform.
Sponsored