Sponsored

Anyone else happy not to drive their mustang and just look at it?

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not me, I hate winter and I hate my car just sitting and me not enjoying it. If I just wanted to stare, I would build car models.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
That is totally fine, these are great cars after all. I keep mine in showroom condition as well and planning to keep it long term. But the original question is about not driving it and just watching instead. To each their own, I guess.
Depends upon the situation I guess. My 2-year-old GT has just over 3800 miles on it and the exterior is pristine like it just came off the showroom. Of course the paint is slick as can be and spotless but you can imagine why the mileage is so low because our "freeways" here have speed limits of 50-60 mph and you really can't put on a lot of miles on an island (especially if you're retired and at home most of the time). But this will certainly change when we leave the island for the mainland next spring. There I will put a lot more miles and have more fun with this car where speed limits go up to 80 mph with long stretches of highway/freeway. I can hardly wait for it (and the much, much, much lower cost of living!)

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I feel similarly, and have felt that way about all the fun cars I've bought. Even though some probably would make fun of us since it's "just" a Mustang (or it was "just" an IS350 or something in the past), what you're feeling is almost a requisite emotion to call yourself a car enthusiast.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi - Everybody has to have a place to store their ”stuff”. Men have garages and women have purses or handbags... Bruce
Your username should probably deter me from saying anything here, and I know you didn't really mean any harm, but it's time to put these silly gender stereotypes to rest... Plenty of women these days love cars just as much as anyone here. In fact there's some of those women on this very board, including some who don't want to admit they're women because of discomfort with comments like these. Not to mention more WOULD like cars if not for gender pigeonholing.

... Not to mention there's no shortage of guys out there who think our obsession is weird/dumb AF.

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Because it's their money and freedom to do so just like it's the same for people who drive them like they stole them. :like:
This right here.

I‘m always amazed that some folks feel entitled to tell others the right way they should enjoy their own property.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Your username should probably deter me from saying anything here, and I know you didn't really mean any harm, but it's time to put these silly gender stereotypes to rest... Plenty of women these days love cars just as much as anyone here. In fact there's some of those women on this very board, including some who don't want to admit they're women because of discomfort with comments like these. Not to mention more WOULD like cars if not for gender pigeonholing.

... Not to mention there's no shortage of guys out there who think our obsession is weird/dumb AF.
Hi - My apology if anyone was offended. The origin was from female friend of my wife’s who made that comment with respect to a third bay I was adding to my to my garage. She had asked what I was planning to do with the new space and I jokingly said we guys need lots of space to store our stuff and she replied ”Now you know why we have large purses“. You’re of course welcome to interpret that exchange as you wish, but I don’t think it warranted a tirade on gender stereotypes or pigeonholing. Righteous indignation is not always a virtue… Bruce

P.S. With regard to my handle “OldPhart”. I will be 81 on the 7th of January and as you know some people affectionately (usually) refer to us as old farts and sometimes we refer to ourselves that way. I choose to laugh at it. I’m a retired Pharmacist and I decided to change the ”f” to “ph” as a play on my profession . That‘s just my sense of humor…

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi - My apology if anyone was offended. The origin was from female friend of my wife’s who made that comment with respect to a third bay I was adding to my to my garage. She had asked what I was planning to do with the new space and I jokingly said we guys need lots of space to store our stuff and she replied ”Now you know why we have large purses“. You’re of course welcome to interpret that exchange as you wish, but I don’t think it warranted a tirade on gender stereotypes or pigeonholing. Righteous indignation is not always a virtue… Bruce
I agree with your conclusion. I thought I worded my post respectfully, but I'm sorry if I came off indignant... Obviously this is a sensitive topic that people makes people a bit edgy on either side, so maybe some strong wording comes through unconsciously.

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Stereotypes exist for a reason

I have a couple friend, the girl always drinks double Jamiesons on ice and he drinks cocktails such as cosmopolitans, it's always a funny conversations with waitstaff at restaurants etc.

That being said I'm sure the stereotype of a mustang owner is a bit of a rough meat head who wants/does burnouts, of which I'm not.

It fascinates me when I see a lady driving a mustang

Last edited:

Sponsored

Deleted member 69033

Not to change the topic from the ever interesting dynamic of how women don't buy mustangs due to misogyny..... (side note, my wife is pretty bad ass, and has zero interest in a sports car of any kind. She likes sand dunes, drives a Bronco... I doubt she'd concur with the idea women are afraid of buying a mustang due to the reason you stated. And in fact, isn't you even making that assumption...... Gasp!...... Sexist?) #eyeroll, vomit...

But no, I like to drive my car. I don't drive it in the salt, of which there is plenty on the roads at the moment, so it's sitting in the heated garage hangin out. However! It's supposed to be in the high forties for the next week or so with lots of rain, so I'm thinking I may get a little drive time here in the next week. Fingers crossed.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I view automobiles as a form of moving art, so yes I enjoy them stationary, however enjoy them way more when they're being used as intended. To each their own, though!

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I like to have a couple of pints and stare at the gorgeous GT from time to time but of course would rather drive it. Mine is in the garage currently sitting out the winter shitshow.

I drove it up up until about 2 weeks ago and if the weather flips she may be resurrected. Otherwise about mid March or so I'll set it loose again. :)

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape
This right here.

I‘m always amazed that some folks feel entitled to tell others the right way they should enjoy their own property.
Yeah people do that sometimes. I don't mean to not drive mine long periods of time sometimes. I told my wife yesterday it's the biggest, most expensive house decoration we own. :cwl: She said yes u need to drive it! I said I know!
Sponsored