Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Well we finally found our 12 week old rescue beagle mix….her name is LuLu and her ETA from Texas to here in MA is Oct 26th…She’s the one on the left with the spots
C696910B-32D4-4711-A598-2FDFC37A0B0F.jpeg
Unfortunately things didn't work out. LuLu was supposed to arrive this past Wednesday from Texas but supposedly the shippers truck broke down, then it was in the shop and they couldn't get parts and then they post online they're looking drivers. Seemed like one excuse after another so with no ETA my daughter who's dog it was going to be asked for her deposit back. And now back to the drawing board and we'll keep looking.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going trick-or-treating even though I’m not supposed to eat chocolate.
955DB0E6-4BE6-4946-8D0C-62F17C0CEFB5.jpeg

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Da da da da da da dadda da
Gonna fly now! :crackup:
38D1F450-3C0E-42D7-A303-2A309464C809.jpeg

Sponsored

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Well I love happy endings...The rescue people finally got their truck fixed and were able to ship the dogs from Texas last week. This is our new addition to our family. LuLu was born late July and is part beagle/coon hound and gets along with Busta just fine. I'll be glad when she's done teething....my poor arm :crying:

_DSC5051.JPG

_DSC5091.JPG

_DSC5092.JPG

_DSC5076.JPG

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I'll be glad when she's done teething....my poor arm :crying:
Hey Mike she's gorgeous, glad she finally made it there. The puppy expressions are :crackup:. Are you seeing any trait of either breed?

May I ask...by 'my poor arm' you mean she's wanting to play tug o war constantly? Or is she actually mouthing your arm? I once had a dog do the mouthing thing and it lead to some behavioural issues were thankfully trained out with the help of a pro dog trainer. He advised that it's normal for pups to do this and folks commonly just think it's affection/play whereas it's actually a dominance thing. Just saying...

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Hey Mike she's gorgeous, glad she finally made it there. The puppy expressions are :crackup:. Are you seeing any trait of either breed?

May I ask...by 'my poor arm' you mean she's wanting to play tug o war constantly? Or is she actually mouthing your arm? I once had a dog do the mouthing thing and it lead to some behavioural issues were thankfully trained out with the help of a pro dog trainer. He advised that it's normal for pups to do this and folks commonly just think it's affection/play whereas it's actually a dominance thing. Just saying...
Yup, that’s the way I see it too. Dahlia was probably at least two when we rescued her, so well past the puppy chewing stage. Having a two-ish year old German Shepherd trying to chew on your wrist is clearly a dominance thing. Trained that out in a hurry. We’re good now, two years and counting.

C8194E3D-C781-4D8D-8CD6-0815FE3EB81F.jpeg

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150

Thank You…ohhh yeah she loves playing tug of war….nothing I see unusual or aggressive with her mouthing on my arm…we were just playing,typical for puppies it’s just her teeth are like little needles and broke my skin…similar to getting scratched by a cat..My other dog Busta was a 12 week old pup when we rescued him and he was the same way…

Only trait I’m seeing so far is typical hound with her nose always on the ground and running around with sticks and empty plastic water bottles in her mouth.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Yup, that’s the way I see it too. Dahlia was probably at least two when we rescued her, so well past the puppy chewing stage. Having a two-ish year old German Shepherd trying to chew on your wrist is clearly a dominance thing. Trained that out in a hurry. We’re good now, two years and counting.

C8194E3D-C781-4D8D-8CD6-0815FE3EB81F.jpeg
Love your mask :like:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Dahlia was probably at least two when we rescued her, so well past the puppy chewing stage.
As an owner of numerous rescue dogs, I can attest that virtually all rescue dogs that aren't obviously puppies or senior citizens or have a paper trail are ~2 years old [/wink wink]. Two years old is a sweet spot of desirability. Shelters have plausible deniability of any subterfuge.

Similar sales concept as all renovations will take 2 weeks:

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
While I'd be working on the car our terrier Sadie would come outside in the mornings and sit on the back deck with me while I drank my coffee.

One morning I took a picture. I call this one "Coffee Dog".

OurDog_small.jpg