The "run" part of a hit and run.

SBPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6, 1993 Probe GT
When I was a courier, before dash cams I chased down two hit and run cars. Being in an inconspicuous delivery car, I just followed them until they stopped to check the damage on their car. I rolled up behind them and got the license plate number, car make/model and color and a description of the driver. As they looked at me in shock that they were caught I wave and drive off. Drove back to the scene and shared the info. One of them called the police and confessed the other one they caught.
Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I waited for the police to arrive, got the business card of the responding officer, and emailed the video file to him that morning.

Not sure how much help it will be to the victim, though. In MA, you tend to be on the hook if you can't show who hit you, not just that someone else did hit you.
Depending on insurance, just having proof that you're not at fault is a big help.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Once I had figured out what happened, I would have drove down the road the way the runner went to get the tag number on the cam, then go back to the other stopped vehicle.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have an irrational or some might call it rational rage at POS like this. If you hit someone's car and run away, you are the lowest level of scumbag on this planet. It should be legal for the victim or any witness to chase you down and beat you until the police arrive.

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Once I had figured out what happened, I would have drove down the road the way the runner went to get the tag number on the cam, then go back to the other stopped vehicle.
At that point, I was on the other side of the light, and there was another light between me and the first reasonable place to turn around.

Unless I wanted to make a 3-point turn in the middle of the intersection and then run the red. :wink:

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
See the window tints on the perps car, every time we get a thread about tinted windows, that is exactly the type of driver with which I associate deep tints.

People trying to get away with something, and not be identified.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Deep tint and the numbers sanded off the tags. Where are the Cops?

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Deep tint and the numbers sanded off the tags. Where are the Cops?
The responding cop had come down the street from the direction the car headed, and hadn't seen anything with a kayak on top. After taking the report and info, he said that he was going to take a run down the side streets in that direction.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My statement was a generalization. I'm seeing sometimes 2 and 3 times a day cars with the paint sanded off the tags and they all have deep tint. Unreadable tags is a violation. So is deep tint. Why are they not being stopped and ticketed at min or have the car impounded?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
My statement was a generalization. I'm seeing sometimes 2 and 3 times a day cars with the paint sanded off the tags and they all have deep tint. Unreadable tags is a violation. So is deep tint. Why are they not being stopped and ticketed at min or have the car impounded?
Hello; Around here the cop SUV's have very dark tint. I figure it is so they can park an empty vehicle along the road to slow down traffic since you cannot see if there is a driver.

Sponsored

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
The title of this post is great. I immediately clicked on it. You should write for an online news site... unless you already do. The content didn't disappoint either. Thank you.
Most likely doesn't pay enough to be worth OP's time lol

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
See the window tints on the perps car, every time we get a thread about tinted windows, that is exactly the type of driver with which I associate deep tints.

People trying to get away with something, and not be identified.
Or they could just live in a warmer climate than SE Michigan. Dark tint makes a huge difference when it's 90+ with high humidity levels most of the year.

I've had 5% on ever car I've ever owned with the worst thing I've tried getting away with was some parking lot pot smoking back in my HS and college days.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
IMO people who hit and run are destined for the lowest levels of hell, it's the most degenerate behavior possible. These are the types of people who don't put their shopping cart back before leaving the grocery store parking lot. They are the members of society who actively destroy it while making excuses the whole way about how everything is someone else's fault.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
People suck.

Well, not us. We're all princes and princesses who would never do this.

Gosh, I hope I didn't run off the Demon guy... we'll miss him.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Good on the OP for getting involved. Well done.

I've been thinking about a dash camera for at least my Interceptor. People drive like nuts these days.

I was almost home one day (100 feet from driveway), when a car ran a stop sign and would've hit me. I don't know how....but I managed to avoid a collision. At this point, literally in front of my house. I pulled into my driveway. A few minutes later a courier pulled into my driveway. He says, "I saw the whole thing...don't know how you got out of that...would have been bad. Here's the license number and type of car" as he slipped me a piece of paper. Police did nothing, but what a good man to do what he did.

OP...which dash camera are you using?
Sponsored