Sponsored

The "run" part of a hit and run.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Came upon an interesting situation the other day. As I came up to a light at the interchange of a highway and a secondary road, I saw a car backing towards the intersection on my side. At first I thought it was someone who missed the on-ramp as was stupidly backing up instead of going down and turning around. However, it was more interesting than that.

The car backed up about 100', made a 3-point turn in the middle of the road on my side, then proceeded to casually roll through the red light at the interchange she had just blocked. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I saw another car pulled over with its flashers on a few hundred feet down, with another woman waving at the car that just left.

Seems the car that left had made an illegal lane change, hit the car that was now stopped, pulled over, the driver got out and looked at the damage (extensive on the stopped car), then did a cut and run. From the casual nature of how she did it, I don't think it was her first rodeo.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t know about your area but there is so little enforcement here I suspect about 30 % have no license , insurance etc. running is becoming sop.
They're pretty hard on it here, which makes me think the runner had so many hits on her policy that she didn't want to take another.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Been recording a program called ROAD WARS. Have seen a number of hit and runs on the program. Crazy stuff. May be time to have a video recorder when I drive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Give a copy to the police to try and help that victim out. It's a good deed for the day.
I waited for the police to arrive, got the business card of the responding officer, and emailed the video file to him that morning.

Not sure how much help it will be to the victim, though. In MA, you tend to be on the hook if you can't show who hit you, not just that someone else did hit you.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Came upon an interesting situation the other day. As I came up to a light at the interchange of a highway and a secondary road, I saw a car backing towards the intersection on my side. At first I thought it was someone who missed the on-ramp as was stupidly backing up instead of going down and turning around. However, it was more interesting than that.

The car backed up about 100', made a 3-point turn in the middle of the road on my side, then proceeded to casually roll through the red light at the interchange she had just blocked. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I saw another car pulled over with its flashers on a few hundred feet down, with another woman waving at the car that just left.

Seems the car that left had made an illegal lane change, hit the car that was now stopped, pulled over, the driver got out and looked at the damage (extensive on the stopped car), then did a cut and run. From the casual nature of how she did it, I don't think it was her first rodeo.

The title of this post is great. I immediately clicked on it. You should write for an online news site... unless you already do. The content didn't disappoint either. Thank you.

Last edited:

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The title of this post is great. I immediately clicked on it. You should write for a an online news site... unless you already do. The content didn't disappoint either. Thank you.
Not sure why you posted. You are the reason why most great members have left this site. Me teetering as I type this. You are an ahole and should be banned.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Not sure why you posted. You are the reason why most great members have left this site. Me teetering as I type this. You are an ahole and should be banned.
I apologize for being entertained. Please 🙏 forgive me. Please don't ban me.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I apologize for being entertained. Please 🙏 forgive me. Please don't ban me.
Thanks for the push. You are not helping this site.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
They're pretty hard on it here, which makes me think the runner had so many hits on her policy that she didn't want to take another.
Not an excuse...

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Hello; OK I missed whatever it was that put Demon off.
I missed it too, looks like there is an edit on his post.
I thought the title was clever.
Maybe it's just over my head.
Sponsored