Sponsored

Unfortunate Tuesday with my Mach 1 - engine oil mess (not as bad as BP)

OP
OP
dethmaShine

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Oil cooler assembly damage from initial inspection which is the result of the impact near the lower left tire. I think there were folks who mentioned the same in the first 2 pages and this is on point.

There is no other damage or anything else based on first sight.

They said that FR3Z7A095E costs $605 CAD which doesn't seem to be the case when I google it so I am gonna chat with them.
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Oil cooler assembly damage from initial inspection which is the result of the impact near the lower left tire. I think there were folks who mentioned the same in the first 2 pages and this is on point.

They said that FR3Z7A095E costs $605 CAD which doesn't seem to be the case when I google it so I am gonna chat with them.
maybe thats parts and labor?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

That does seem a little high but all things considered it could have been worse.

585A2E71-A2F6-45C3-95BA-31D2D75DC253.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
FR3Z7A095E looks like a very easy install and one that you can likely handle yourself. The hose fittings look like they’re quick disconnects (similar to the fitting on the fuel rail).

Sponsored

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
Is it possible you hit something in the road on the way to the hotel which caused the leak? I'm trying to picture how the oil cooler lines (assuming that is the problem) are routed under the Mach 1. Anyone have any pics of the bottom of a Mach 1? I can't imagine any lines are that exposed.
Here is what my M1's factory oil cooler setup looks like:
20220604_164638.jpg

*edit* - I'm sure most know, but to be clear the hoses and brackets are not normally exposed to the open as shown here. The underbelly pan/splitter assembly completely covers this area and I had it off earlier this summer to address a small issue with the splitter.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Apparently Geico will cover everything for me as I have comprehensive. They will cover both the tows, property damage up to $50K, all the repairs and diagnostics on the car, etc.

:whew:
That’s great news. Who says doing the right thing doesn’t pay. Karma man, karma!! :like: :clap:

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
This is a simple question, how can you not feel the impact of hitting a curb? You had to feel the hit? There's no way your steering wheel did not give you a "sign" of - oh shit, you hit something.
if you ever taken the fender liner and a bumper off, you'd see that it's just a lot of plastic and a big empty nothing in this area. well, in case of Mach1 there is a tinfoil aluminum oil cooler as we all have learned. I can see how a slow speed roll into a curb could have stayed unnoticed, while some plastic deformation caused an oil line to snap. oh, and we all know how Ford's assembly quality is job number one, right? ***Urgent*** Check Clutch Line At Brake Master Cylinder | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
OP it def sucks that it happened, could of happened to any of us really. Has nothing to do with not knowing how to drive, shit happens people. Whenever someone posts pictures of an accident on this forum people are so quick to bash the owner. Take a chill pill. I did enjoy reading the detective work some of y’all did here though :giggle:

The look on the responders faces, what else are they supposed to do? Smile for the camera? Strike a pose? Anyway shits over with. Moving along. 😎

OP
OP
dethmaShine

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
OP it def sucks that it happened, could of happened to any of us really. Has nothing to do with not knowing how to drive, shit happens people. Whenever someone posts pictures of an accident on this forum people are so quick to bash the owner. Take a chill pill. I did enjoy reading the detective work some of y’all did here though :giggle:

The look on the responders faces, what else are they supposed to do? Smile for the camera? Strike a pose? Anyway shits over with. Moving along. 😎
Frankly I didn't feel that folks were bashing me. Most were investigating similar to what I would have done. There were mostly sincere questions and discussions with positive intent with the exception of one person who woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day I guess. This forum has been a positive thing for me and I enjoy it and won't let that feeling go away because of some noise. :)

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Here is what my M1's factory oil cooler setup looks like:
20220604_164638.jpg
hi, OT slightly sorry but where do those oil lines connect into the engine block, any pictures of that also?

@dethmaShine - sounds like you've kept a level head on this whole unfortunate incident and hope you get the car all sorted and back to as new and then get to continue to enjoy it

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Why on gods green earth did you stop near a drain.
That is why the clean up is a 4000.00 bill.
Never ever stop at, near a drain. I'd have pushed the car if I had to, so the oil leaking was no where near a drain, and used my shirt if need be to keep it from running toward it.