Sponsored

Unfortunate Tuesday with my Mach 1 - engine oil mess (not as bad as BP)

bugajskj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I’ve held my tongue for 3 pages of your rant regarding this. I don’t presume to know what you do for a living, so maybe you are some expert in your area as to what 911 is and isn’t for.

What I can tell you is I spent 30 years in the emergency services, and in many areas, situations like this are exactly what 911 is for.

911 operators are not mindless boobs who just send the police or fire department out to every request for service. They screen calls, and direct people to the appropriate resource. If, in this situation a haz-mat team other than the fire department was appropriate they would have sent them. In this case I’m guessing the fire department is the haz mat team as they are in many areas.

LikeI said, I don’t presume to know what you do for a living, but based on your posts I’m guessing your wife being an ICU nurse makes you some sort of expert?

Get off the OP’s back if you have nothing constructive or helpful to say. Dude is having a bad enough week without catching crap from you for a situation that doesn’t even impact you.
Lmao all I have heard since I could remember was emergency situations, trauma stories are table talk in my family. My wife was an emergency room nurse and in the icu currently, my grandfather is a retired sheriff, my mom was a triage nurse for 20 years and it’s sad to see a man with 30 years of service defend a guy who omitted information on his post to dodge blame. Wow, just wow.
Sponsored

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Lmao all I have heard since I could remember was emergency situations, trauma stories are table talk in my family. My wife was an emergency room nurse and in the icu currently, my grandfather is a retired sheriff, my mom was a triage nurse for 20 years and it’s sad to see a man with 30 years of service defend a guy who omitted information on his post to dodge blame. Wow, just wow.
I wasn’t defending him as much as trying to get you to see piling on to his misfortune served no purpose.

Lighten up, dude F’d up, he knows it. Karma is real, and someday you’ll F’ up too….ask yourself how you’d want others to treat you.

bugajskj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I wasn’t defending him as much as trying to get you to see piling on to his misfortune served no purpose.

Lighten up, dude F’d up, he knows it. Karma is real, and someday you’ll F’ up too….ask yourself how you’d want others to treat you.
He and his wife assumed it was him, yet he lied to the hotel staff demanding to see video freaking them out. Then he comes on here to make an “interesting” post..his words not mine..and omits information telling people here he has no idea “what the fuck happened” and you’re defending him?

If Karma comes for me because I called it out, bring it on. But I stand by what is I’ve been saying. If I knew I possibly did that I’d do everything in my power to take care of it myself before calling in first responders. It’s a lot easier to say it’s not my fault and I have no idea about anything, demanding hotel footage and acting like there is no way I would know I hit a curb so hard an oil line busted.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree in this area. In reading his posts I don’t see anywhere where he did not accept responsibility for his actions.

I’ve said what I have to say, I’ll let you have the last word….good night sir.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Calling 911 is a judgement call. I ve worked 25 years (and overseen 911 as a small part of my job). As @Traffic22 stated, they are not mindless, THEY have the responsibility to determine if and what to send to the scene. If you call 911 and it s not appropriate they will tell you to call a non emergency line. I ve seen it hundreds of times. No one going to die because you call the wrong number. Could he have not called 911 and had someone else cleanup, certainly. I would have . Life is about choices .
Lets let him slide (no joke) on the 911 thing.
But how do you hit that curb and not know it? Awaiting the damage report to see what broke.

Sponsored

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
I’ll take a stab at it.

Looks like this guy struggles driving a sports car (by his own words) and ran over the curb and busted something loose claims he has no idea, but he knows…”It's very possible but as I think about it, turning the car is one of my fears with this M1.” Yeah, he turned his car into a curb lol.

4B570E1D-D312-4F3B-84D6-B6EB0006B384.jpeg

He then could not get towed because again, has no idea what to do with a sports car. I got a tow in the middle of nowhere Tennessee with a flat tire on my 3,000 mile road trip.
76F7ADFD-808C-4C16-9F6C-9073587B1953.jpeg

…and a few days later AGAIN in the middle of nowhere Georgia at 1:00AM.

7CD7F9C9-3EC7-40F6-827C-A8231141D75C.jpeg

Lastly, he threw away $3k-$4k because he probably does not handle pressure very well, since he needed to mention his firing from 6 years ago. So he freaks out over oil on the ground and calls 911 (which should only be used for real emergencies - speaking as a healthcare professional) instead of using any and all resources around him in order not to take up precious time from emergency personnel.

That’s my take anyway, but I feel I am spot on haha
Do you tell fortunes also?
Agreed. That fireman’s face is not a “don’t take a picture of me” look, it’s a “I can’t believe I’m here doing this right now because of you” look. The responsible thing to do…if you really can’t get your hands dirty…was to call a non emergency number.

Not trying to be a jerk, but it really is a big deal to call 911 over this.
I'm not a healthcare professional like yourself but I am a former 1st responder and we always told people when in doubt ca
Agreed. That fireman’s face is not a “don’t take a picture of me” look, it’s a “I can’t believe I’m here doing this right now because of you” look. The responsible thing to do…if you really can’t get your hands dirty…was to call a non emergency number.

Not trying to be a jerk, but it really is a big deal to call 911 over this.
Exactly! Calling the sheriff is reasonable, but it is not the same as calling 911. You can get a misdemeanor for wrongfully calling 911. It’s not a joke and firefighters are not your maids that would called by the sheriff to clean up after you. You see them at accident sites doing it….because they are there for the accident…not the oil.

If anyone reading this really believed this guy (who I believe lied anyways about not knowing he hit a curb), please do not call 911 in a situation like this. 911 is a lifeline for life threatening situations. Oil is not a Mario kart banana…a car won’t spin out of control and kill someone in a parking lot lmao

C570D2F3-BDD7-44F5-8FC4-ACD170810203.jpeg

E0D872A6-6D67-484F-A896-5567ED03817D.jpeg
When people call 9-1-1 the calls are evaluated by the 9-1-1 center. They have the option to not respond based on the information they receive. I'm sure Vancouver has a large fire department so a few firefighters at one scene isn't taxing on their resources. I'm not a healthcare professional like yourself, but I am a former first responder who ran a 9-1-1 center. We told people when in doubt call 9-1-1 and we will evaluate your situation and determine the appropriate response if any. The OP was at the scene, not any of you second guessing what "you" think he should or shouldn't have done.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If anyone reading this really believed this guy (who I believe lied anyways about not knowing he hit a curb), please do not call 911 in a situation like this. 911 is a lifeline for life threatening situations. Oil is not a Mario kart banana…a car won’t spin out of control and kill someone in a parking lot lmao

C570D2F3-BDD7-44F5-8FC4-ACD170810203.jpeg

E0D872A6-6D67-484F-A896-5567ED03817D.jpeg
What seems strange to me: Apparently, even the 911 operators and fire department didn't know there was a non-emergency number and tell him to call it.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
What seems strange to me: Apparently, even the 911 operators and fire department didn't know there was a non-emergency number and tell him to call it.
The non emergency number goes straight to dispatch, at least in my area. 911 centers are set up for any call. It's not just one person manning the phones.

Saying someone should be fined or go to jail for calling 911 is just preposterous.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I honestly have to say that in my seven years on this forum this has turned into one of the most disgusting threads I've ever read. @dethmaShine I'm really sorry this happened to you and hope it all comes out well. That said a couple of you fellow posters are just disgusting. Besides the total lack of human empathy there is also a total of lack of knowledge regarding OP's situation. Well time to ignore this thread and block a couple of people.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The non emergency number goes straight to dispatch, at least in my area. 911 centers are set up for any call. It's not just one person manning the phones.

Saying someone should be fined or go to jail for calling 911 is just preposterous.
Dan, this entire thread is preposterous. Thinking that the OP made the decision to send out fire and hazmat in beyond ignorant. That decision was made by the 911 operator. It was their call and they made it.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Some things I’ve been thinking about this AM:

- 1st Responder Services and their actions are not standardized in all areas, all localities. HAZMAT and the Fire Department are one and the same in my town. YMMV

- The car and the incident occurred in a closed area, effectively inside a building. While we’re grateful nothing significant happened, a fire (especially the fumes) could have been catastrophic

- The person making the call might not be 100% certain of anything, could be confused (trying to process), might not be directly involved in the incident, etc. A critical factor of damage assessment could be missed

- While the loss of oil was not issue in this accident, it’s probably a good idea to have cover and ensure there are no batteries involved (especially in hybrids or EVs), fuel, etc. Standing-by while the tow services are dispatching and recovering could be welcome

- I can appreciate the concern over monies spent and am not debating it, but it is good, real-world training for all involved. Thankfully, it was not a serious event, but the practice and exercise was worthwhile

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
you sound like a dependent wife, my husband was in the army so I know what it's like to be on a deployment!

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I'm betting they don't even have bugajskj's number. Clueless sods, all of them.
Sponsored