Mach 1 is Better than GT350 ...

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I would have bought a GT350 if I could have had an automatic. I almost bought a Bullitt because dark green is my favorite color and it had a lot of the go fast stuff I wanted, but didn't for the same reason. I bought an Eruption Green Mach1, which turned out to be the perfect storm Mustang...for ME! It has most all the go fast of the GT350, the cool dash, electronics and dark green paint like the Bullit...AND I could get it with the awesome A10 trans.

They are all great cars, and I love all of them, just mine, I love more. Mach1 RULES! :sunglasses:
Very cool
Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Couldashouldawouldaā€¦.

I could say the same thing about the Voodoo which would likely benefit the FPC moreso than the CPC.

Arenā€™t a lotta dudes using the GT350 intake?ā€¦ā€¦. I canā€™t remember many posts about GT350 owners putting M1 parts on our carsā€¦. But then again, Tis the season for the upside world.

How is the Tremec in the in the M1 better than the GT350 Tremec just cause you can stand on the gas during a shift? Interestingā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ Iā€™d like to see the clutch life of both trannies and durability before I agreed to that statement.
I don't recall this hence why I'm double checking since you mentioned no lift shift being the only difference, however, I do believe the GT350 does not have auto rev match either? Correct me if I'm wrong, I just wanted to point that out as well if it did not.

I do agree that no lift shift, however, is not something that would really make much of a difference and if it does it is extremely negligible.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

ernie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ernie
Vehicle(s)
2012 boss302 and 2003 cobra
As for the track, the reviews, the reviews state the R is hands down one of the best, if not the best track car as a mustang, that can't and won't ever be said about the Mach1.
2021 mach 1 beat the gt350 time around VIR....nuff said!

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I still love me some GT350 even though I own a Mach1.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I don't recall this hence why I'm double checking since you mentioned no lift shift being the only difference, however, I do believe the GT350 does not have auto rev match either? Correct me if I'm wrong, I just wanted to point that out as well if it did not.

I do agree that no lift shift, however, is not something that would really make much of a difference and if it does it is extremely negligible.
The GT350 does not have Rev-match, but thatā€™s just a convenienceā€¦ it doesnā€™t make the tranny better.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Lol...just saying it would have been an interesting discussion with the dual intake...that will instead be saved for the Dark Horse comparisons. That car will eclipse the GT350 and Mach without a doubt...same brakes as 350 so they can't hang onto that, more low torque and probably much more responsive on short distance...very close if not matched on HP-we need to see final numbers.

Sensitive on the 350 tremec a bit? Performance wise it is not even a discussion point...sorry they didn't give you that on the 350 stock...time moves on and the dealer didn't say anything that wasn't true.
Why is everything keep saying this. Ford has yet to announce the final output of the "Darkhorse." They were very careful to say "around 500 hp." The dual intakes and throttle bodies is a complete liability and the only reason they did it was to offset the restrictions of the carbon capture inserts (thank the EPA for that). Twice the expense, twice the complexity. My understanding was that they either couldn't dimensionally fit a large enough intake tube (with carbon capture) to get to power levels they wanted or the size of the tube created tuning/emissions/metering probz.

There's virtually nothing I've seen OFFICIALLY and committed that says the Darkhorse is an appreciable improvement (performance wise) over the S550 offerings. And that's before us even seeing the price tag. The interior improvements are taster's choice and the electronic parking brake is useless to most of us. With the PCM locked, and all sorts of nanny state remote interactions on top, the new S650 will be a liability for anyone wanting to do any major modifications to their car. It remains to be seen whether someone will be able to "crack" the PCM (which they have yet to do with the DCT) and even if they do, the nature of the remote interactions may also prove problematic if not overall, certainly for warranty purposes.

Ford knew the S650 unveiling would fall flat, so they injected enthusiasm into by showing CGI of a bunch of Ford Racing variants, which most people are ignorant to, and don't realize those cars are essentially unicorns and not cost accessible to most Americans. But people see the new FR variants and drool and associate it with the S650 offerings.

The Tremec on the Darkhorse is a welcomed option holdover from the Mach1 if you want a manual.

I'll wait to pass final judgement, but even if it were the same price, I see little upgrade over a Mach1 and with the PCM limitations, I'd pass (and that's before we all get the anticipated sticker shock)

Ford will almost certainly continue their war on customers by choking supply numbers of the Darkhorse allowing dealers to continue the asinine markups. I'm betting after the initial models hit, the car is still more toward $75k+.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
The GT350 does not have Rev-match, but thatā€™s just a convenienceā€¦ it doesnā€™t make the tranny better.
Right and I did not necessarily mean it makes it better. Just a couple extra things for convenience/ease of use.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Right and I did not necessarily mean it makes it better. Just a couple extra things for convenience/ease of use.
I'm rather fond of my HUD shift light. Does it make the car "better?" I certainly use it and would rather have it than not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rael

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Could it be that maybe you don't also all agree Animal House was the greatest movie ever made?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Could it be that maybe you don't also all agree Animal House was the greatest movie ever made?
Arenā€™t you quite the pot-stirrer? šŸ˜‚

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
If you want to stir the pot, Eleanor vs Bullitt as best movie mustang....

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT