gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Building a motor is just following the ford instructions and bolting and unbolting things haha.

Don’t know how to weld or fabricate and I honestly don’t know how turbo systems work well. (Oil-system, wastegate, boost controller setup and wiring, boost gauge wiring, etc.) Would have to get a friend to weld the waste gates and then would have to someone figure out all the oil routing, weird connectors, pipping, and electronics with no instructions.
I don't disagree.

I didn't know how to weld either, until I bought a machine and taught myself. Not hard!

The oiling system is easy -- this thread gives you a good roadmap.

Anyway.. there are resources out there if you every take the plunge!
Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I don't disagree.

I didn't know how to weld either, until I bought a machine and taught myself. Not hard!

The oiling system is easy -- this thread gives you a good roadmap.

Anyway.. there are resources out there if you every take the plunge!
Might have to eventually haha. I am also a cheap person. Don’t like the idea of spending 10k when it can be done for 5k.

ESS kit is tempting but I don’t know if I want to have a centrifugal supercharger.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Might have to eventually haha. I am also a cheap person. Don’t like the idea of spending 10k when it can be done for 5k.

ESS kit is tempting but I don’t know if I want to have a centrifugal supercharger.
My thoughts EXACTLY on how to spend the money.

Regarding the centri... ill say many people are happy with them. particular the ESS and Procharger guys. Ive never owned either of those so cannot comment.

I have, however, owned a Paxton 2200 on a 2014 coyote car and it sucked giant donkey balls. That was my first intro to the Centri world, and I couldn't get out and back to turbochargers fast enough. Power delivery was awful, no real power surge, just a slow, climbing peak that never really pushed me back into the seat. Just a weird feeling. That and I was always fighting belt slip issues. Plus the LOUD, always open (even when not in boost) blow off valve. Turrible. This car trapped 127 mph on about 9 psi, but felt like it trapped 115.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Does anyone know of a good recommendation for what turbos to run with this kit but in oil less comp turbo sizes?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does anyone know of a good recommendation for what turbos to run with this kit but in oil less comp turbo sizes?
That would depend on fuel, hp level, and a few other factors. You can run 62s like hellion though.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
That would depend on fuel, hp level, and a few other factors. You can run 62s like hellion though.
Was just looking for a safe 800-900 whp. I didn't even think about looking at what the other oil less kits were running. Thank you sir.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Was just looking for a safe 800-900 whp. I didn't even think about looking at what the other oil less kits were running. Thank you sir.
well Hellhorse's kit and LPF kits both use Comp OilLess. The problem for me is that they will not give me a compressor map so that I can figure out what I need. Rather than going on some "HP rating" they seem to want to give out. This tells me that they don't really know, and/or they aren't manufacturing and testing their own turbos.

Hellion has new 62 turbos with a "SPEED SENSOR PORT" drilled exactly like Garrett's problem is without a compressor map or a max speed rating on the turbo how hard do you push one of these? At what level do you make max power? How do I know if I am overspeeding the turbo (which would be an instant explosion)?

If you want 1000 or less I would recommend comp turbo 6262 aircooled/oiless A/R.81

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
well Hellhorse's kit and LPF kits both use Comp OilLess. The problem for me is that they will not give me a compressor map so that I can figure out what I need. Rather than going on some "HP rating" they seem to want to give out. This tells me that they don't really know, and/or they aren't manufacturing and testing their own turbos.

Hellion has new 62 turbos with a "SPEED SENSOR PORT" drilled exactly like Garrett's problem is without a compressor map or a max speed rating on the turbo how hard do you push one of these? At what level do you make max power? How do I know if I am overspeeding the turbo (which would be an instant explosion)?

If you want 1000 or less I would recommend comp turbo 6262 aircooled/oiless A/R.81
Ok thank you I will look into those. I went to Hellhorses' web site & went off their standard size. Then I typed in the size with air cooled in the search bar & lead me to some $2k ones. https://ffperformance.co/product/comp-turbo-ctr3993s-6871-68mm-air-cooled-turbocharger/

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ok thank you I will look into those. I went to Hellhorses' web site & went off their standard size. Then I typed in the size with air cooled in the search bar & lead me to some $2k ones. https://ffperformance.co/product/comp-turbo-ctr3993s-6871-68mm-air-cooled-turbocharger/
You can get them for cheaper, and I think you will need smaller turbos than that if you want more response. The bigger the wheels are the more exhaust energy needed to rotate them. The HP rating is for one turbo.

CTR3593E-6262

Last edited:

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
You can get them for cheaper, and I think you will need smaller turbos than that if you want more response. The bigger the wheels are the more exhaust energy needed to rotate them. The HP rating is for one turbo.

CTR3593E-6262
Thank you! Looking at it now. So that 800 hp rating is just for 1 unit.

Sponsored