Sponsored

Thinking of buying a Mach 1 to daily - Thoughts

cobruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abhay
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1 (current), 20 GT, 19 Ecoboost (SOLD)
Hey all, I own a 2020 Mustang GT 10r80 PP1 in Race Red currently. The vehicle is being reacquired by Ford as it is a lemon, I love this car but there have been too many problems. I find myself searching for a new vehicle once again and I just can't think of anything other than a Mustang. I planned to keep my GT forever but unfortunately it won't be possible. So I have been contemplating buying a Mach 1 to replace it. 2 things to note here, FIRST, it will be driven 250 miles a week on the highway as I commute and SECOND, Is getting the handling package a bit too unnecessary as I plan to daily drive the car more than tracking it. Please let me know what you guys think - Is a Mach 1 daily drive able + Is the handling package suited for normal driving?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You can get all the benefits of HP after the fact for far less.

If you don't want the Tremec and not going to the track, the benefit of the mach 1 approaches zero. There are sticker sets for a few hundred that will make it look like one.

But if you're going to option up a GT (skip the PP1, seriously) then you can get priced close enough that a mach 1 isn't that big of a leap.

If you're going A10 you can option the 3.55 diff independent of the PP1 package last I checked.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Even if you only go to the track once in a while, you'll enjoy the Mach 1 when you do. The rest of the time, daily driving the Mach 1, you'll enjoy it too. Why not go for it if you can afford the gas?

qdog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Do what makes you happy. I daily a HP and itā€™s definitely doable

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Get the Mach 1 700a. Skip the HP if daily driver. You're gonna wanna get rid of the cup 2s instantly and the lower splitter you'll be worried about damaging. You can add a HP spoiler and install yourself for $500 if you like that look.

My opinion. A non HP mach 1 is still a very capable track toy that most drivers can't fully take advantage of.

Sponsored

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Your questions are ones I think only you can answer, and deep down I think you probably can already feel a leaning one way or the other on this decision. I currently have a 2017 ecoboost, and I too love that car. Itā€™s been a great first car for me and Iā€™ve thoroughly enjoyed upgrading and modifying it, but my goal always was to move up to a GT. The way things have worked out, I should be getting my Mach 1 very soon (once it ships and arrives at the dealer hopefully within a few weeks) and I personally never questioned whether I should be daily driving it. HP and everything, I just know itā€™s going to be an amazing car and Iā€™m going to love it. My weekly commute is around 200 miles, and I live in NJ so that means snow and salt in the winter. As much as I do hate that, cars are meant to be driven. If I had the ability to afford 2 cars, sure maybe I would do so, but even then Iā€™m pretty sure I would find myself itching to use the Mach over some basic daily, even in the salt of the winter. Needless to say, I donā€™t have any questions about the ability of the Mach 1, with HP, to be a DD at least to fit my wants and needs, and in fact I canā€™t wait to be doing so.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I daily my non-HP (not every day) but regularly about 300 miles per week. I love the flick of the switch from Normal to Sport+ back to Normal when I'm just cruising the freeway.

If not for the Tremec, I would have just gotten the PP1/A10/magneride.

neuneleven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 FJG, 700A, Elite, 6spd.
. 2 things to note here, FIRST, it will be driven 250 miles a week on the highway as I commute and SECOND, Is getting the handling package a bit too unnecessary as I plan to daily drive the car more than tracking it. Please let me know what you guys think - Is a Mach 1 daily drive able + Is the handling package suited for normal driving?
[/QUOTE]
I have a non-HP, 6MT. To Q1, it's absolutely daily driveable. I got mine in Feb, started driving once the weather improved in March and have over 5K mile. It guzzles fuel like a drunkard, but I daily drive it as my primary vehicle whenever I can, using one of our SUVs when I have to carry more than 3 passengers or lots of sports equipment for the kids.
With regards to HP, I'll let owners chime in. I do not intend to track my car -even if I did, I do not claim to be a master to wring everything out of this car. I prefer the sleek looks of the non-HP and I definitely did not want the front splitter or large spoiler- to each their own. Which of these options you choose is your decision and what makes you smile when you look at and drive your car is what matters at the end of the day.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I daily my non-HP (not every day) but regularly about 300 miles per week. I love the flick of the switch from Normal to Sport+ back to Normal when I'm just cruising the freeway.

If not for the Tremec, I would have just gotten the PP1/A10/magneride.
Only thing is once you get a 401a with pp1 a10 and magneride active exhaust your within a few grand of a Mach 1

Sponsored

gjbroder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Hope you get the Mach 1. I've had mine 3.5 months and have 5000 miles. It is an awesome car to drive every day.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Mach 1 is a great car. I've really enjoyed mine.

Appears you have three options available. You'll have to sit down, do the math and check availability to see which best suites you.

1. Find or build a GT. As others have pointed out, you'll reach a point it's just as well to buy a non-HP Mach.

2. Find or build a non-HP Mach.

3. Find or build a HP Mach 1, then remove the following:

- Front splitter, the lower half, if already installed. You can drive with the splitter, but over time, the odds will catch up with you. You'll eventually encounter an unavoidable situation where you scrape it, maybe by a little, maybe by a lot
- Gurney flap (spoiler stays)
- Michelin Cup 2s. Need to replace with something else, but A/S in same size? Maybe not. Might need 2nd set of rims, for Fall/Winter driving

As a DD, option 2 is looking pretty good.

Reads like your last ride was a 10R80. I love the Tremec, but any manual becomes a PITA in traffic or rubbernecking situations. And the additional clutch wear due to near constant stop/start.

You might be hitting the sweet spot just now. There are probably several 22s on the lots the dealers will have incentive to sell. Maybe the receiving dealer for the lemon will give you some additional breaks?

Last edited:

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Daily my non-HP Mach 1 (17K in about 17 months - two longer trips in there too). It is a great daily driver. I have MyMode set to normal with sport exhaust for a roughly 20 mile trip to work. I skipped the HP for all the reasons you see here...Cup 2s and that lower splitter. My only wish is that ford had offered the HP wheels on non-HP or HP cars with the PS4s from the GT500. It would have fixed shortcomings on both versions due to those Cup 2s. I almost bought a fully loaded GT with PP1, but by the time you get magneride and everything else on it, you are practically at the M1 cost and you still don't have the higher HP engine and all the cooling. I don't track mine so yes my decision also included the allure of having a special variant, but I don't regret it at all.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
no. getting a M1 HP to daily is wasted money. but it is your money. enjoy.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Mach 1 is a great car. I've really enjoyed mine.

Appears you have three options available. You'll have to sit down, do the math and check availability to see which best suites you.

1. Find or build a GT. As others have pointed out, you'll reach a point it's just as well to buy a non-HP Mach.

2. Find or build a non-HP Mach.

3. Find or build a HP Mach 1, then remove the following:

- Front splitter, the lower half, if already installed. You can drive with the splitter, but over time, the odds will catch up with you. You'll eventually encounter an unavoidable situation where you scrape it, maybe by a little, maybe by a lot
- Gurney flap (spoiler stays)
- Michelin Cup 2s. Need to replace with something else, but A/S in same size? Maybe not. Might need 2nd set of rims, for Fall/Winter driving

As a DD, option 2 is looking pretty good.

Reads like your last ride was a 10R80. I love the Tremec, but any manual becomes a PITA in traffic or rubbernecking situations. And the additional clutch wear due to near constant stop/start.

You might be hitting the sweet spot just now. There are probably several 22s on the lots the dealers will have incentive to sell. Maybe the receiving dealer for the lemon will give you some additional breaks?
Lots of good advice in this post!

I especially think you may be able to get a better deal right now. It;ā€™s the end of Q3. Find the car you want on a lot and make the dealer an offer youā€™d be thrilled with. Donā€™t negotiate. Let them say yes to your offer. This works best if you find/offer 10-12 cars/dealers and address your offer to the Sales Mgr. Happy hunting.
Sponsored