0 to 60 times

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
Hey all first what’s everyone’s gt realistic 0 to 60 times? Stock or otherwise.

Second the reason I am asking is I have a 2021 GT 401a automatic with everything except for magnaride. I have been hard pressed to get my 0 to 60 under 6 seconds No matter what drive mode I am in. Now I am relatively new to mustang and these kinds of cars in general so I might not know how to launch but from what I have seen it should at least be around 5 seconds or lower. I am worried something is wrong but I know there are a lot of factors like tires I have the stock pirellis that come with performance pack. I am in Utah and it’s warm right now and the roads I have tried it on have been pretty good but not perfect. Maybe I need to try to manually shift? I just don’t know when I should I am still learning? Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Best so far.
Impossible.. according to the shelby daves.. cause you just have a measly FI GT haha.
All kidding aside, that's mighty impressive !!

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all first what’s everyone’s gt realistic 0 to 60 times? Stock or otherwise.

Second the reason I am asking is I have a 2021 GT 401a automatic with everything except for magnaride. I have been hard pressed to get my 0 to 60 under 6 seconds No matter what drive mode I am in. Now I am relatively new to mustang and these kinds of cars in general so I might not know how to launch but from what I have seen it should at least be around 5 seconds or lower. I am worried something is wrong but I know there are a lot of factors like tires I have the stock pirellis that come with performance pack. I am in Utah and it’s warm right now and the roads I have tried it on have been pretty good but not perfect. Maybe I need to try to manually shift? I just don’t know when I should I am still learning? Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Your google broke I see. JHFC

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Well the car is down on power if you're in Utah, 12% if you're in Salt Lake, lol. So that doesn't help. Have you tried drag mode?

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
4.9seconds 0-100kmh (0-62mph) is pretty achievable using track apps and that’s on a private road that’s not in very good condition and with some wheel spin.
Don’t forget the 4.3 seconds that’s advertised is using all the trickery including lowering tyre pressure , fully prepped surface and I think they allow a small rollout so it’s not from a stand still.

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
4.9seconds 0-100kmh (0-62mph) is pretty achievable using track apps and that’s on a private road that’s not in very good condition and with some wheel spin.
Don’t forget the 4.3 seconds that’s advertised is using all the trickery including lowering tyre pressure , fully prepped surface and I think they allow a small rollout so it’s not from a stand still.
Yeah I know the 4.3 is like perfect conditions. I’m really just aiming for sub 5 but I can’t get it below 6.

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
Well the car is down on power if you're in Utah, 12% if you're in Salt Lake, lol. So that doesn't help. Have you tried drag mode?
That’s a thing? I have tried it once I nearly lost traction and it scared me so I haven’t used it sense.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Yeah I know the 4.3 is like perfect conditions. I’m really just aiming for sub 5 but I can’t get it below 6.
Put it in Drag mode and you can try putting your foot down steadily and see how you go, otherwise put one foot on brake, and rev to around 1800-2000 RPM and let it rip. Not sure what tyres you are running but I’m on Michelin PS4 S and what’s they get up to temperature they are pretty good.
Are your wheels spinning too much when you take off? If so be lighter on the throttle.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That’s a thing? I have tried it once I nearly lost traction and it scared me so I haven’t used it sense.
Yes, altitude kills power, especially on NA motors. It's 3% per thousand feet that you lose. Just about a 60HP loss where I'm living. I would still think you would get into the low 5's though without too much issue.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
4.6 was my best stock with a manual on the street. I could consistently get low 5s though with out much effort. You do need to concider road conditions, DA, tire pressure etc.

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
Put it in Drag mode and you can try putting your foot down steadily and see how you go, otherwise put one foot on brake, and rev to around 1800-2000 RPM and let it rip. Not sure what tyres you are running but I’m on Michelin PS4 S and what’s they get up to temperature they are pretty good.
Are your wheels spinning too much when you take off? If so be lighter on the throttle.
I have the perellis that come with performance pack. P zero I think. I will have to try that. Thank you for the suggestion.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I really haven't done any 0-60 runs with my Mach 1, just a bunch of 1/4 runs. Drag mode is always the way and I normally try to go about 3/4 throttle till I'm in 3rd gear to mitigate any tire spin between gear changes but as soon as I'm in 3rd I put that pedal to the floor the rest of the way although I do have PS4S tires which are great for sticking to the road.
Sponsored