ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Just when I was starting to think the 6g forums were getting boring... the ess thread never fails!
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Never said it was cheaper made compared to others. I said the customer service and tech support isn't there compared to the other big 3 offerings. In my opinion dealing with them, it was a nightmare. Also, the kit didn't have the best instructions and I got zero feedback from them. Just giving my experience, it's not an opinion if it's a matter of fact. My procharger kits, and Vortech kits come with 50 plus page manuals. This had some pictures and the packaging of the head unit was a joke, the top foam was missing and the head unit had what I could only imagine was blood on it.

Just saying to everyone, it's not like dealing with a bug company. I can call Whipple, Procharger, Vortech and get a tech guy on the line in 3 minutes. ESS has 1 guy - and he can't serve everyone. It's a trade off, save some money and get less support or spend more and get a better support and customer service experience. No need to get upset over it.
Not upset, just clarification. Thanks. And for me, customer service is a MUST.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This is false, I answer many phone calls every day here in the states, and have spoken to many people on this forum over the phone. There are several of us that can and will answer the phone right now if someone calls in.
Weird, was never false when I had issues. I must have been the unlucky one. I must have decided to come on here, make an entirely false post up for no reason. Amazing, ESS went on a hiring spree all of a sudden.

All jokes aside, I got rid of my kit. Asbjorn did me a solid which took sometime, but made it right during that time.

My point isn't the blower quality, my kit did not come properly packaged, I had 1 sheet of photos, and you never 1 time returned any of my calls. I called numerous times, and I get it it was close to Christmas etc.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This is false, I answer many phone calls every day here in the states, and have spoken to many people on this forum over the phone. There are several of us that can and will answer the phone right now if someone calls in.
Brevin, I stand corrected it was close to 10 weeks before I received the kit. It's in the past, but to come on a forum and say you have instant access to technical support like we have with other companies is false.

Sponsored

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Weird, was never false when I had issues. I must have been the unlucky one. I must have decided to come on here, make an entirely false post up for no reason. Amazing, ESS went on a hiring spree all of a sudden.

All jokes aside, I got rid of my kit. Asbjorn did me a solid which took sometime, but made it right during that time.

My point isn't the blower quality, my kit did not come properly packaged, I had 1 sheet of photos, and you never 1 time returned any of my calls. I called numerous times, and I get it it was close to Christmas etc.
Again what was your order number? I’d like to check and validate the information. You never installed the kit so you don’t realize that the instructions come with a PDF file and not physical paper copy. There are detailed instructions with every kit. We are also on vacation during the holidays so if you called during that time you likely did not get an answer. You certainly seem to have some sort of agenda here brining this up almost a year later. Posting a lot of false information.

Last edited:

dukecrazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premium A10
I called numerous times, and I get it it was close to Christmas etc.
Wait, am I reading this correctly? This happened 8ish+ months ago? You're just now bringing it up and you didn't install the kit on top of that? This seems odd if that is the case. I know I've seen changes that they've made to their process/products around the March timeframe of this year. That probably took care of some of your issues you had that far back(again, if I'm reading this all correctly).

I've had nothing but great customer support from the guys at ESS when I ordered my kit and I didn't use the USB included for directions - I just grabbed some screenshots from online of the install process and used that because the install was that easy lol.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Absolutely ZERO problems with ESS regarding support needs. They have always gone above and beyond and have exceeded my support expectations, to include personal phone calls, emails, text messages and they are very responsive on their dedicated customer FB page. They are top notch IMO.

Boosted21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
Depends, we had one experience with ESS. Took 9 weeks, and communication was terrible. Very disappointing and hate to say it, a certain someone had a terrible attitude dealing with customers. Hey - its a cheap blower that can make good power, get what you pay for. If you are expecting good support on product, take that and throw it out the window. ESS isn't like the other large companies and that bleeds throw in customer support and how they handle communications. If you don't care about that, great - if you value that buy a Vortech, Paxton, or Procharger.
This is surprising to me I’ve had a good experience with them so far. Brevin responded to all my questions same day so far no complaints. I’ve heard nothing but good things and I’ve never seen anyone have any issues with the kit itself

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Again what was your order number? I’d like to check and validate the information. You never installed the kit so you don’t realize that the instructions come with a PDF file and not physical paper copy. There are detailed instructions with every kit. We are also on vacation during the holidays so if you called during that time you likely did not get an answer. You certainly seem to have some sort of agenda here brining this up almost a year later. Posting a lot of false information.
Brevin, you are right. It was around the Holidays. I do appreciate you wanting to look into it. Sounds like you fixed the customer service issues and people are happy. Best of luck.

Sponsored

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Wait, am I reading this correctly? This happened 8ish+ months ago? You're just now bringing it up and you didn't install the kit on top of that? This seems odd if that is the case. I know I've seen changes that they've made to their process/products around the March timeframe of this year. That probably took care of some of your issues you had that far back(again, if I'm reading this all correctly).

I've had nothing but great customer support from the guys at ESS when I ordered my kit and I didn't use the USB included for directions - I just grabbed some screenshots from online of the install process and used that because the install was that easy lol.
Sounds like they fixed it everything relating to Customer Sevice issues.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Nothing wrong with @Ruby_Ruby19 sharing his experience. This thread cant be an eco-chamber of just positive experiences.

In fact, I think it is positive that there was an "issue"(because of holidays, or the company is growing) but @Brevin@ESS fixed it.

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Nothing wrong with @Ruby_Ruby19 sharing his experience. This thread cant be an eco-chamber of just positive experiences.

In fact, I think it is positive that there was an "issue"(because of holidays, or the company is growing) but @Brevin@ESS fixed it.
I don’t disagree, we want everyone to be honest and share their experiences, many of our customers have shared experiences with us and we have changed or improved things because of that. We aren’t perfect and occasionally can make mistakes but we always try to make it right. Having said that, the claims that he made don’t seem to add up. Which is why I asked for an order number so I could investigate on my end. We have never been 10 weeks out on a production mustang kit. We include instructions on a USB with a PDF and video file (he claimed no instructions but was likely unaware of the USB provided) We are very good at answering emails and phone calls. If he called during Christmas time we were likely on vacation. If he can provide me his order number and information I can easily see his order date and ship date and can get to the bottom of it.

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
So did get release the order number? This should clear up a lot of stuff here.
No order number provided. I’ve asked twice. I would gladly look it up and get to the bottom of it. My guess is the facts do not match the claims that are being made and that is why the order number is being withheld. If he can prove me wrong I will take responsibility and make it right.
Sponsored