Boosted21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
Keeping this thread going....

My G2 has been converted to a G3. Slightly larger inlet and outlet on the G3 vs the G2 but both head-units weigh the same - 12lbs.
Very quick turnaround from @Brevin@ESS and came with everything needed (piping, clamps, oil).

I've had my setup on now for 20,000 miles and still as in love with this kit as I was on day 1

20220915_105042.jpg
awesome to hear I can’t wait for my G2 kit to come in! I’m ready to throw it on ASAP
Sponsored

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Mine arrived today! Just have to wait til Wed for the temps to go below 100 so I can start the install. Can't wait!

Boosted21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
Mine arrived today! Just have to wait til Wed for the temps to go below 100 so I can start the install. Can't wait!
Im so jealous!! What was your total wait time?

Sponsored

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Depends, we had one experience with ESS. Took 9 weeks, and communication was terrible. Very disappointing and hate to say it, a certain someone had a terrible attitude dealing with customers. Hey - its a cheap blower that can make good power, get what you pay for. If you are expecting good support on product, take that and throw it out the window. ESS isn't like the other large companies and that bleeds throw in customer support and how they handle communications. If you don't care about that, great - if you value that buy a Vortech, Paxton, or Procharger.

DR_Mach1Yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC 2500, 2022 GT500, 2023 Corvette Z06 !!!
Depends, we had one experience with ESS. Took 9 weeks, and communication was terrible. Very disappointing and hate to say it, a certain someone had a terrible attitude dealing with customers. Hey - its a cheap blower that can make good power, get what you pay for. If you are expecting good support on product, take that and throw it out the window. ESS isn't like the other large companies and that bleeds throw in customer support and how they handle communications. If you don't care about that, great - if you value that buy a Vortech, Paxton, or Procharger.

Damn that sucks, I got my G4 and in between I had lots of question and I never had an issue with them at that point. Its going to be a while before I install this but I hope that I keep getting the customer service I have received so far, its been great.

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
Pretty sure yours in just a one off experience that happens with all company's. I've had nothing but great customer service from them.

Where you getting at that its a "cheap" blower and you get what pay for. These kits are very high quality kits.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Ouch!! Care to give specifics on how the ESS kits are cheaper made then their competitors? Opinions are shit, but facts are facts. I for one would like to see these facts.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ouch!! Care to give specifics on how the ESS kits are cheaper made then their competitors? Opinions are shit, but facts are facts. I for one would like to see these facts.
Never said it was cheaper made compared to others. I said the customer service and tech support isn't there compared to the other big 3 offerings. In my opinion dealing with them, it was a nightmare. Also, the kit didn't have the best instructions and I got zero feedback from them. Just giving my experience, it's not an opinion if it's a matter of fact. My procharger kits, and Vortech kits come with 50 plus page manuals. This had some pictures and the packaging of the head unit was a joke, the top foam was missing and the head unit had what I could only imagine was blood on it.

Just saying to everyone, it's not like dealing with a bug company. I can call Whipple, Procharger, Vortech and get a tech guy on the line in 3 minutes. ESS has 1 guy - and he can't serve everyone. It's a trade off, save some money and get less support or spend more and get a better support and customer service experience. No need to get upset over it.

Sponsored

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Pretty sure yours in just a one off experience that happens with all company's. I've had nothing but great customer service from them.

Where you getting at that its a "cheap" blower and you get what pay for. These kits are very high quality kits.
To be fair, it's a cheaper blower is it not???? I can get a kit for $5600 - that's the cheapest out the door right? Am I missing another blower that's cheaper?

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
You mentioned "customers", did you talk with others that had similarly bad experiences as well?
Would be good to have them post here as well.
The reality is no single company is perfect but if you're generalizing the whole company and kits based upon your single experience isn't that a tad dramatic?

From what I've seen the feedback on ESS (both the company and kits) has been overwhelmingly positive. I've had my kit for over a year now and have communicated with them from time to time without issues.
In December last year right before Christmas I was changing the supercharger oil and stupidly overtightened and snapped my dipstick/seal with my torque wrench (Supposed to be hand tightened).
I was going to be carless during the Christmas break so I contacted Brevin and he responded in less than an hour and overnighted a new dipstick/seal at no expense to me. Customer service doesn't get better than that.
I'm neither an ESS champion nor detractor, just passing on my experience with them.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You mentioned "customers", did you talk with others that had similarly bad experiences as well?
Would be good to have them post here as well.
The reality is no single company is perfect but if you're generalizing the whole company and kits based upon your single experience isn't that a tad dramatic?

From what I've seen the feedback on ESS (both the company and kits) has been overwhelmingly positive. I've had my kit for over a year now and have communicated with them from time to time without issues.
In December last year right before Christmas I was changing the supercharger oil and stupidly overtightened and snapped my dipstick/seal with my torque wrench (Supposed to be hand tightened).
I was going to be carless during the Christmas break so I contacted Brevin and he responded in less than an hour and overnighted a new dipstick/seal at no expense to me. Customer service doesn't get better than that.
I'm neither an ESS champion nor detractor, just passing on my experience with them.
No worries man, I get it - I'm sharing my experience. Of course the fact that me being a sample size of 1 isn't going paint the whole picture. However, something that won't change is the customer support network. I challenge anyone now to call them and ask questions about your install. You will not get a live person, there is no tech team here in the states, there is 1 guy.

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
What was your order number? I’d like to look into this myself. If I’m being honest this doesn’t sound accurate at all. And our installation manual is 36 pages with detailed instructions and photos. And I certainly don’t recall ever being 9 weeks out on a mustang kit. Please get me your order information and I will look into it. Thanks

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
No worries man, I get it - I'm sharing my experience. Of course the fact that me being a sample size of 1 isn't going paint the whole picture. However, something that won't change is the customer support network. I challenge anyone now to call them and ask questions about your install. You will not get a live person, there is no tech team here in the states, there is 1 guy.
This is false, I answer many phone calls every day here in the states, and have spoken to many people on this forum over the phone. There are several of us that can and will answer the phone right now if someone calls in.
Sponsored