Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Uuugghhh...I hate to say it, and I'll even admit I'm a little scared to bring it up in here...but...anyone like the new Apple Ultra watch?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Uuugghhh...I hate to say it, and I'll even admit I'm a little scared to bring it up in here...but...anyone like the new Apple Ultra watch?
It is a product that meets a specific purpose. If you have a need for it then I think itā€™s an incredible watch. The emergency SOS feature is going to save lives.

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
It is a product that meets a specific purpose. If you have a need for it then I think itā€™s an incredible watch. The emergency SOS feature is going to save lives.

I concur. Great product for the masses.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That emer SOS on the watch isn't new though, is it? That satellite thing on the phone is kinda cool though. But it's a paid service, and I doubt anyone but the outmost adventurers that may actually need it will pay for it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
That emer SOS on the watch isn't new though, is it? That satellite thing on the phone is kinda cool though. But it's a paid service, and I doubt anyone but the outmost adventurers that may actually need it will pay for it.
Thatā€™s the feature I meant. Itā€™s free for the first two years. Apple knows that some of the features are for the few but thatā€™s what a halo model is. Kind of like a GT500 vs a regular GT.

But if you are one of those who can actually use It then itā€™s a godsend.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Oh for sure. Iā€™m a little surprised the satellite feature isnā€™t on this watch considering the target audience and features. I wonder how many people will do something stupid with it just to try it out, LOL. Hopefully not moany.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Oh for sure. Iā€™m a little surprised the satellite feature isnā€™t on this watch considering the target audience and features. I wonder how many people will do something stupid with it just to try it out, LOL. Hopefully not moany.
Duh, I just realized the satellite SOS is on the iPhone 14 Pro not the watch. It's still an awesome piece of technology.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Nah there's tons of people who will get it that don't really need it. Its just a gimmick and it marketing plays it off well. Its the same with vital features, that gives you your HR and O2 Saturation.

What they really need is the ability to give a non invasive blood pressure reading. That would really make people be more health conscientious.

I haven't looked into how the SOS works but I wonder if there will be an uptick in EMS calls for the Fire Departments.

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Apple Watches are the EV of the Watch World. Yep, neat technology, can do a lot like GPS, pulse, O2 sats, texting, communication with your phone or time, but in order to take advantage you are married to it on your wrist. I definitely prefer mechanical/automatic watches. Simple with 1 function, tell time or perhaps a chronograph or GMT Function, maybe an alarm. Besides mechanical watches don't report to Google, Siri or Alexa your every move. So what, you can change the watch image on the screen, I will just change my watch.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Apple Watches are the EV of the Watch World. Yep, neat technology, can do a lot like GPS, pulse, O2 sats, texting, communication with your phone or time, but in order to take advantage you are married to it on your wrist. I definitely prefer mechanical/automatic watches. Simple with 1 function, tell time or perhaps a chronograph or GMT Function, maybe an alarm. Besides mechanical watches don't report to Google, Siri or Alexa your every move. So what, you can change the watch image on the screen, I will just change my watch.
Come on Chris, please. This is a watch thread, a friendly watch thread. Let's keep Cars & EV's out of it. In this thread all kinds of watches can co-exist peacefully.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I don't think Chris is wrong, and can't say I completely disagree...but maybe a bit dramatic. ALL watches are cool, and since we're specifically talking about the Ultra, yes, just like an EV, it really does have some amazing features that could come in extremely handy for the person that would need them and super neat for the person that would enjoy the gadgets. Also like an EV, agreeing with your statements doesnā€™t mean I wouldnā€™t own/drive one. I refused an Apple watch for a long long long time (have opposed them ever since they came out), but this one has sparked my interest. Maybe because it's Ti, IDK, LOL.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium

I love my apple watch. I also love my 1884 Navitimer. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø