Climate related car attacks [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Starting to hear about folks going after people driving V8 muscle cars, luxury cars and SUV’s. Be vigilant when driving and parking. I don’t DD my S550, but it seems while our world is becoming more climate aware, certain individuals are becoming more aggressive as they take the position of climate warriors. It’s spreading…..Always leave room to escape when stopped. The world has changed. Not everyone loves our cars anymore.
You live in the Keys?
Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
The last comment I wonder about. Are the simply unscrewing the valves on tires to deflate or are they slashing the tire? Even simple deflating a tire causes problems, tho not much expense.
There were times I used a truck/van to make a living.
From my understanding the organized group is just deflating them.
Then there are some vandals that loose lug nuts or slash the tires.

OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
You live in the Keys?
It’s everywhere. We’re just lucky to be in Fl. where our law enforcement and politics work well together. Locally, depends where you are.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
From my understanding the organized group is just deflating them.
Then there are some vandals that loose lug nuts or slash the tires.
Just” deflating them? Really? Can you even begin to contemplate the inconvenience and hassle encountered by a single mother trying to get her tire reinflated in NYC so she can get to childcare and work?

It‘s hard for me to even contemplate the mentality that can in any way whatsoever tolerate or justify an attack on personal property in order to further a political or social cause. To even understand such mentality is to condone it.

OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Imagine for a moment the panic of a person rushing to get their family member to the hospital or veterinarian and finding they have a flat. Flats happen. But malicious ones are something that would need to be discouraged. No, it isn’t trivial and it can cost lives.

Sponsored

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
I suppose people have the right to protest, but they do not have the right to tamper/damage someone else's property, regardless of where it's parked. Loosing someone's lug nuts could cause an accident and the perp who did it could be (should be) held liable and prosecuted. All elections have consequences.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Just” deflating them? Really? Can you even begin to contemplate the inconvenience and hassle encountered by a single mother trying to get her tire reinflated in NYC so she can get to childcare and work?

It‘s hard for me to even contemplate the mentality that can in any way whatsoever tolerate or justify an attack on personal property in order to further a political or social cause. To even understand such mentality is to condone it.
Hello; Well put. My brother has a portable air inflator he carries in his truck. plugs into the power outlet. Takes forever and runs the battery down unless the engine is idling.

Hey; maybe a different group will start going after EV's. Maybe unplugging the cables or some such. Then nobody can go to work.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; One good thing today. That ugly toenail fungus ad is now showing up.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
It’s everywhere. We’re just lucky to be in Fl. where our law enforcement and politics work well together. Locally, depends where you are.
Fort Lauderdale here

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
Hello; Another way being old gives a viewpoint. Many decades ago the Feds went after the large sedans by starting to impose corporate fuel mileage averages. A company had to in a convoluted scheme make more vehicles that got ever increasing better MPG. Thing is they exempted pickup trucks. The rules applied to sedans mainly. So as the cars got ever smaller people started to buy pickups and their clones the sport utility vehicles built on truck frames. Broncos, Surburans and such.

The companies started making the trucks/SUV's with more and more car like features. I like a regular cab pickup with an eight foot bed. Just two doors and a single bench seat. A truck on a frame with very few tech or fancy features. Try to find one of those. Even before the pandemic lockdowns induced chip shortage a "real" truck like that was hard to find. For years i could walk onto the lots of big dealers and not find a regular cab eight foot bed pickup.

It's almost like the Government is bad at things... Look no further than the news this week with the Manchin-Schumer deal...

"Electric Car Credits
The bill includes $4,000 tax credits for lower and middle income buyers to use to purchase used electric vehicles, and up to $7,500 tax credit for new vehicles."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...chin-schumer-tax-climate-and-energy-agreement

So... a used EV under $25K receives a subsidy:
  • I wonder how many $24,999 EVs there will be in the market, especially ones that previously would have been in the $21K-$25K range?
  • How many used EVs will be traded back and fourth between parties with the tax payer on the hook for $4K each time?
  • How many totaled EVs without batteries that would have otherwise been scrapped are now going to be sold for at least $4K?
  • How many new vehicles are going to have totally useless "Plug-in hybrid" systems installed that are $5000 options just to knock a few K off the total of the car?
I don't give a damn about how smart you think you are, establishing static rules that establishes winners/losers will be figured out by the crowd (which is unfailingly smarter than you) and abused in ways that you did not intend. The list of system games is endless and limited only to the amount of time and creativity that people smarter than our elected idiots have available. The only constant is that they will come and the taxpayer will be on the hook for them.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Im not going to claim I dont encourage violence because that is exactly what the end result would be if I was to catch someone messing with any of my vehicles, home, friends or family. Im not no key board warrior. Or a bad ass by any means. But I will happily hold my own. But then again, my small city is full of America loving citizens.

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
they mess with our cars, theyll be going home in a body bag, period

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Hello; Well put. My brother has a portable air inflator he carries in his truck. plugs into the power outlet. Takes forever and runs the battery down unless the engine is idling.

Hey; maybe a different group will start going after EV's. Maybe unplugging the cables or some such. Then nobody can go to work.
That's the funny part, those Tyre Extinguisher idiots even say to target EV's and Hybrids because of the damage mining does to the environment 😳

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I saw stuff like this 10 years ago in Austin, TX. The number of leftists who are militant and aggressive was head shaking to me. I saw people yell at others driving large SUV's (like an H2) at intersections.

I was at a group/friends invite for Thanksgiving and a tree hugging hippie made a big scene (at someone else's house by the way) when the homeowner had the audacity to light the fire pit with lighter fluid.

Keep Austin Weird has turned into out of control leftists/activists and they just keep getting bolder and more aggressive.

It wouldn't shock me if you drive something greenies don't like if they've started vandalizing and attacking people and their cars in places like Austin, TX and San Francisco, etc.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.