Sponsored

15-17’ Ford performance pack 1 vs 2

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
No one has posted the FRPP1 tune. I have been looking for a few years. You will need a MPVI2 to read it and save the file.
So just the PP2 and PP3 have been there? I've got the PP1 loaded on my car and have been thinking about getting a HP device to make a few minor changes. So I'd be in for $400 for the device and $50 a credit for every time I want to make a change? I'd bet you're the guy to talk me through the changes.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
You only buy the credits once. Unlimited flashes to the Vin the credits are bought for.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You only buy the credits once. Unlimited flashes to the Vin the credits are bought for.
That makes it a lot easier to swallow. To start I'd like to raise the rev limiter to give me a larger buffer so I don't have to worry about hitting it. I think making the airflow and voltage adjustments needed to adapt the FRPP PP1 to work with the 18+ intake manifold, I've got both a 18+ F150 and 18+ Mustang sitting in the closet to chose from, is beyond my knowledge and comfort zone There's a MVPI2+ too I see now but I think the only difference is upgraded transfer speed from USB-C vs micro-USB and upgraded Bluetooth technology.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Yes, the + is for bluetooth and stand alone logging. There is a MPVI3 coming out soon. I don't care about stand alone logging. It dosen't really work with SCT either. The pro tools incorporated with the MPVI3 are a good thing. Not sure on the pricing.

My MPVI2 without + is USB C. Takes about 3 minuets for a full write. 1 min or less for a cal write only.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Good for you.

I could hear it with windows down, something reflective on the side, like a wall, and then accelerate hard. In my case it was most typical around 3k rpms.
Just curious, what fuel are you using?

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
I heard it when my car had PP3 on 91. Needed to turn on “octane adjust”
What fuel were you using? After tuning on Octane Adjust what did you set it to?

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Metallic
Edit: also, even though gt350 intake and tb are bigger diameter the air still gets into standard diameter intake manifold. So to me it is half gimmick.
Well, isn't the thing with the GT350 manifold that it has different runner geometry and thus higher velocity air is getting into the heads? The real limitation is valve lift and duration until you're hitting a certain point. I mean, ALL of it has an effect, but I wouldn't call the manifold even half a gimmick.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
What fuel were you using? After tuning on Octane Adjust what did you set it to?
California 91, the worst. I just flipped OA “on”. Goes to a less aggressive timing table but can still advance until the onset of knock.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Well, isn't the thing with the GT350 manifold that it has different runner geometry and thus higher velocity air is getting into the heads? The real limitation is valve lift and duration until you're hitting a certain point. I mean, ALL of it has an effect, but I wouldn't call the manifold even half a gimmick.
G350 Intake manifold is not included in Power Pack 2. That's PP3.

PP2 has an intake, gt350 throttle body and an adaptor to GT manifold.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
California 91, the worst. I just flipped OA “on”. Goes to a less aggressive timing table but can still advance until the onset of knock.
For me that switch made things better (on 91) but the knock was still there.

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
I use nothing but Shell 91 and have not ever heard any knock (detonation). Have run Chevron 91 in the long past with no indication of knock but Chevron and I had some issues when I worked for one of their marketers, so I no longer buy any of their products.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the + is for bluetooth and stand alone logging. There is a MPVI3 coming out soon. I don't care about stand alone logging. It dosen't really work with SCT either. The pro tools incorporated with the MPVI3 are a good thing. Not sure on the pricing. My MPVI2 without + is USB C. Takes about 3 minuets for a full write. 1 min or less for a cal write only.
It looks like the 2+ and 3 are going to be the same price, $399 plus $100 for the required two credits, so I might as well be wait a month for the 3 to come out. I'll definitely send you the PP1 for reference when I get it.
Sponsored