gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Iā€™ve been ddā€™ing the car for the last 2 weeks. I have about 1200 miles on the motor. Happy to report all is well thus far!

Iā€™ve beat on it a little here and there but havenā€™t shown it more than 9psi yet.

Had some new ET street SS delivered last week that Iā€™ll install soon. Then I can give her the beans.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Good to hear! Any plans to take it to the track or stay with street duty for a while?

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Good to hear! Any plans to take it to the track or stay with street duty for a while?

Our local 1/4 track closed permanently during "covid". Im so irritated.

Next 1/4 track is in Bakersfield about 4 hours away.

I plan to tow it up there in the next few months and get a few passes in. A guy over on the other forum (SVTPerformance) is trying to line up a track rental which I will be a part of if he is able to nail down the track owners.

I definitely plan to keep driving it though. It was down for almost 2 years! I just broke 7k miles on the car this past week haha.

Damn car is brand new.

cficare68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I started installing this kit a couple weeks ago. Definitely not the easiest thing I've done but from the looks of it the payoff will be worth it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Nice! Any questions, just ask. What turbos are you going to run?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Our local 1/4 track closed permanently during "covid". Im so irritated.

Next 1/4 track is in Bakersfield about 4 hours away.

I plan to tow it up there in the next few months and get a few passes in. A guy over on the other forum (SVTPerformance) is trying to line up a track rental which I will be a part of if he is able to nail down the track owners.

I definitely plan to keep driving it though. It was down for almost 2 years! I just broke 7k miles on the car this past week haha.

Damn car is brand new.
Did you get to run it yet ?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Negative bro. Too damn hot these days anyway.

Been daily driving it like a mad man.... motor has 2100 miles on it now.
Nice ā€¦ will fill you in later ā€¦ but letā€™s just days ā€œstreet ā€œ
only for me from now on .šŸ˜Ž

Sponsored
OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Heck yea, please do

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
2150 mile update.

Changed oil and opened up the oil filter for inspection. There were a handful of tiny tiny metal bits that im appear to be casting particles left behind in the block, but other than that, looks fantastic.

Car is running great and pulls HARD!

Filled her up with some Amsoil Sig Series 5w-50 and a fresh filter. Probably let it go 5k miles or so this time around.

IMG-3516.jpg

IMG-3517.jpg

IMG-3518.jpg

IMG-3519.jpg

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Wish someone ever did make a more complete kit for the 6r80 and 10r80. Like the idea of twin turbos but don't like the cost of all the other kits. Wish I had the experience to do fabrication, and the knowledge of turbos. Also hard to beat the ESS supercharger kits which start at like $5k for a complete kit (minus fueling). Granted the base ess won't make 900whp but you can always upgrade.

Sucks to hear about the issue lining up the torque converter with the flexplate. Currently rebuilding my engine rn and will eventually have to deal with that. Pulling and disassembling the motor was a pretty straight forward process.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Wish someone ever did make a more complete kit for the 6r80 and 10r80. Like the idea of twin turbos but don't like the cost of all the other kits. Wish I had the experience to do fabrication, and the knowledge of turbos. Also hard to beat the ESS supercharger kits which start at like $5k for a complete kit (minus fueling). Granted the base ess won't make 900whp but you can always upgrade.

Sucks to hear about the issue lining up the torque converter with the flexplate. Currently rebuilding my engine rn and will eventually have to deal with that. Pulling and disassembling the motor was a pretty straight forward process.

If you can build your own motor, you can fab up some turbo kit parts!!

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
If you can build your own motor, you can fab up some turbo kit parts!!
Building a motor is just following the ford instructions and bolting and unbolting things haha.

Donā€™t know how to weld or fabricate and I honestly donā€™t know how turbo systems work well. (Oil-system, wastegate, boost controller setup and wiring, boost gauge wiring, etc.) Would have to get a friend to weld the waste gates and then would have to someone figure out all the oil routing, weird connectors, pipping, and electronics with no instructions.
Sponsored