Sponsored

Just about ready to throw in the towel.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The trains coming in and out are PACKED with imported trash - limiting space for domestic goods such as your car.
I wonder who in the industry has the metrics for car carrier fleet utilization. Not optimal I'm sure (expensive)

Maybe there'll be hope for tiny improvement in Aug/Sep
https://signal.portoptimizer.com/
Sponsored

Overland_LIfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Well just be glad you haven't bought anything. I know we all want direct deliver a la tesla to control ADMs. But look how many people have paid for their tesla just to get the same treatment. If you love the car and it's the one you really liked and wanted. Hang tight. EG is a one and done color. Wishing you the best man.

No one reasonable or logical wants MFG Direct,

Dealers provide a service, provide service, showcase, testdrives and provide a Name and a Face to customer service issues,

Have you tried calling Tesla, Or Verizon lately?

Americans want people doing their jobs, and Americans SHOULD want to protect the human right to work.

Period.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Americans want people doing their jobs, and Americans SHOULD want to protect the human right to work.
true but jobs that are only financial skim should be ruthlessly destroyed.

A metro-area congregation point staffed with knowledgeable people for purposes of touching, looking, and testing is the essence of the pre-purchase engagement.

The actual paperwork can be done directly.

For post-purchase support and repair a more localized "dealer" is an acceptable solution. You'd think the Tesla model would have worked but apparently they didn't address parts availability, cheaped out on coverage/thru-put, and seemingly forgot about staff professionalism.

OP
OP

YourNameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
update: Spoke to Ford customer service rep today. Car still has not moved. Still not loaded on a train. ETA is the week of August 15. Im not really putting any weight into the ETA until the car is actually on a train and moving.

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
Crazy to think it has sat that long, ours was loaded on a truck and arrived at dealer in a day! Pretty wild and about 4-5 hours away from factory

Sponsored

OP
OP

YourNameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Crazy to think it has sat that long, ours was loaded on a truck and arrived at dealer in a day! Pretty wild and about 4-5 hours away from factory
Im sure once the car gets to the train yard at the final destination it won't take long to get to the dealer. its only about 45 miles away. Maybe a day or two. But mine isn't even been on the train to start its journey!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
update: Spoke to Ford customer service rep today. Car still has not moved. Still not loaded on a train. ETA is the week of August 15. Im not really putting any weight into the ETA until the car is actually on a train and moving.
time to write that letter to C-exec in charge of customer relations and CC that Ford guy. And suggest that maybe he should go back to making brake pads in Ohio instead of cars and trucks. And next time insist the delivery guarantee be put on the side of the box. :)

OP
OP

YourNameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
time to write that letter to C-exec in charge of customer relations and CC that Ford guy. And suggest that maybe he should go back to making brake pads in Ohio instead of cars and trucks. And next time insist the delivery guarantee be put on the side of the box. :)
Imagine the mountain of good PR if the company that builds the f-series truck buys a bunch of trailers and started delivering the car direct to the customer! The super bowl commercial almost writes itself!

They could charge an expedited delivery fee and make a few bucks. Dealers still get to do all the paper work. But you keep customers happy.

If a company like Carvana can get you a car within a week from just about anywhere in the country Ford should be able to as well. They had 2.5 years to figure this out. The fact that this is still such a problem is embarrassing.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Imagine the mountain of good PR if the company that builds the f-series truck buys a bunch of trailers and started delivering the car direct to the customer! The super bowl commercial almost writes itself!

They could charge an expedited delivery fee and make a few bucks. Dealers still get to do all the paper work. But you keep customers happy.

If a company like Carvana can get you a car within a week from just about anywhere in the country Ford should be able to as well. They had 2.5 years to figure this out. The fact that this is still such a problem is embarrassing.
Carvana delivers you a used car with no title.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I sympathize with your frustration. It's hard to imagine that Covid has had such far-reaching implications on this industry where they can't even get car moved off a lot and to its selling dealership in a reasonable amount of time. Everything I can name off the top of my head has a waiting period that seems ridiculous compared to 3 years ago. Recently my dealership had my car for four days to do 3 hours worth of work to it. It literally sat in their back lot for three and a half days before they touched it. "Staffing issues". Sometimes I feel like if I hear that phrase one more time I'm going to lose my shit all over somebody.

You're actually doing the best thing you can do right now.. checking the market for acceptable replacements. You're not being treated fairly, so I actually enjoy the thought of a dealership being stuck with a stick shift convertible, which will be their hardest sell. I just hope you're able to find something that makes you happy, because if you special ordered something just the way you like it, you may have to compromise. At these price points, nobody likes a compromise.

Good luck with this. I understand your frustration.
I wonder how much of a delay or waiting time their is on the new Mustang EV cars?, wonder if their priority has changed trying to push those cars first. Just wondering. Good Luck OP

OP
OP

YourNameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I wonder how much of a delay or waiting time their is on the new Mustang EV cars?, wonder if their priority has changed trying to push those cars first. Just wondering. Good Luck OP
I could see that when the cars are in production. Im sure the profit margin on the EV cars is much higher. But once the car has been built, no matter what it is, I have to imagine they want it delivered as soon as possible. That's how they get paid. Having the car sit in the parking lot for 5 weeks means they don't get paid for 5 weeks.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Imagine the mountain of good PR if the company that builds the f-series truck buys a bunch of trailers and started delivering the car direct to the customer!
I don't know what the supply is of car carriers but with dry van guys getting massacred on freight rates and being forced into bankruptcy, I'm sure they'd be delighted to pivot to hauling cars.
Sponsored