Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
not today but Saturday night drove back from a night out (sober obv) and noticed on the motorway that every single car passing me had better headlights than me. Brighter, wider / further coverage etc. Pah!
Sunday - washed car. Took it round the block to get most of the water off. Parked up and it started raining. True story. Sigh
Sponsored

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
not today but Saturday night drove back from a night out (sober obv) and noticed on the motorway that every single car passing me had better headlights than me. Brighter, wider / further coverage etc. Pah!
Sunday - washed car. Took it round the block to get most of the water off. Parked up and it started raining. True story. Sigh
I started using Bead maker to not worry about instant rains after my washes but all it did was to show more water spots.. magnetic grey is a pain to keep it looking clean though.

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
Fitted the following (mostly in the pissing rain):

Eibach Pro springs
25mm spacers
Steeda ARBs with billet mounts
Steeda IRS alignment bushes
Steeda IRS bushing support system
Steeda billet vertical links
Steeda adjustable toe links
Steeda G-Trac brace

The car already had a GT350R strut brace on top of that list and we also had Eibach camber bolts and the Steeda IRS subframe braces to fit, but we couldn't get to the necessary holes due to using quickjacks which covered them , but otherwise chuffed with how it came out🙂 handles like a completely different car now and the springs and spacers have really set the stance off nicely!
20220704_193439.jpg

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The 25mm spacers give a nice aggressive stance, the downside you'll get an increase in chips down the sides of the car.

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
The 25mm spacers give a nice aggressive stance, the downside you'll get an increase in chips down the sides of the car.
I'm picking rock guards up at Santa Pod next week🙂 so that should help keep them in check somewhat

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently my neighbour can see the oil trail to the point I noticed a little bit of smoke, so It was only leaking for about 5-600 metres.

Initial investigation, there's no oil on the front mounted oil cooler radiator and the oil is mostly down the passenger side. So it's looking like the oil cooler plate or the connectors being lose, as the leak stopped once the ignition was off.

MuddyFunster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Busy times...

Finally got around to getting rid of the rear GT Carbuncle / badge and replaced it with the more subtle 'GT'....

GT2.jpg

Also made the mistake of showing Mrs Funster some of the quality kit that people had got from Royal Steering Wheels.....

Boom...

NewWheel2.jpg

Wheel fits in very nicely with the whole Stealth black/subtle red aesthetic that was never my idea and was always her idea in the first place..

Black.jpg

I'll be in the shed (when she see's this)

Cheers

MuddyFunster/Phil

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Yes the head lights are poor , dip especially. Worse than my previous with halogens.
The GT has now departed for an electric vehicle. Sorry to say that the MachE was not in contention owing to most of the control functions being on a touch screen.
I had the GT for 5 years & 9 months & got back 75% of purchase price, so overall it was not that expensive to run as depeciation is usually the biggest cost unless you are into bangernomics.

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Yes the head lights are poor , dip especially. Worse than my previous with halogens.
The GT has now departed for an electric vehicle. Sorry to say that the MachE was not in contention owing to most of the control functions being on a touch screen.
I had the GT for 5 years & 9 months & got back 75% of purchase price, so overall it was not that expensive to run as depeciation is usually the biggest cost unless you are into bangernomics.
I have a plan for the lights after receiving info from a fellow member fitting 35w light units. The whole touch screen control focus does seem at odds with modern safety as it requires you to look at the console rather than do it by er touch in dials and slider controls. Fashion or function,who knows. Hope you enjoy the new car :)

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
Fitted a Mishimoto H-pipe and Steeda shifter base bushing bracket today. H-pipe has given it a nice rumble although I'm still waiting on the quad tip diffuser to fit my Borla axle-backs to really spice things up, and the shifter bracket has massively improved the feel of shifts. Over the last couple of days I've also managed to get rock guards fitted at the SMUK event at Santa Pod (which was an awesome 2 days) and I'm currently awaiting delivery of some Harrison custom floor mats and a Bullitt gear knob that I managed to pick up on fleabay for £23, so I'll see what I think of how that looks in the car🙂

20220717_101013.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Fitted a Mishimoto H-pipe and Steeda shifter base bushing bracket today. H-pipe has given it a nice rumble although I'm still waiting on the quad tip diffuser to fit my Borla axle-backs to really spice things up, and the shifter bracket has massively improved the feel of shifts. Over the last couple of days I've also managed to get rock guards fitted at the SMUK event at Santa Pod (which was an awesome 2 days) and I'm currently awaiting delivery of some Harrison custom floor mats and a Bullitt gear knob that I managed to pick up on fleabay for £23, so I'll see what I think of how that looks in the car🙂

20220717_101013.jpg
Please report back on those mats :like:

WD :like:

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1

I've also got some Harrison mats on order which should be delivered shortly. I'll post pics when they arrive

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)

Will do👍 I did see a few sets at Santa Pod and they looked top notch, so I'm looking forward to getting mine. If you go on Facebook and search for Harrisons American Custom Mats they have a good few photos of them!
Sponsored