Sponsored

Which throttle body works with an 18+ Intake Manifold? (‘15 Vert)

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
Figured I’ll send this to my friend, he has a KN filter, Mishimoto intake tube, and Steeda H-pipe, no tune yet.

Figure before the tune, he’d wanna get a intake manifold, probably ported ‘18, and besides Spark Plugs, also a throttle body as well.

Down the road he’ll supercharge it, but for now he’s thinking some bolt ons to compliment what he has, and a tune to bind it all together.

Thanks in Advance
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Figured I’ll send this to my friend, he has a KN filter, Mishimoto intake tube, and Steeda H-pipe, no tune yet.

Figure before the tune, he’d wanna get a intake manifold, probably ported ‘18, and besides Spark Plugs, also a throttle body as well.

Down the road he’ll supercharge it, but for now he’s thinking some bolt ons to compliment what he has, and a tune to bind it all together.

Thanks in Advance
Skip the 18+ manifold and go straight to the GT350 manifold with a Blowfish TB adapter to retain the OEM GT 5.0 80mm TB.
Plug and Play, no tune required.

OP
OP
JoeSpeed

JoeSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, Manual
Skip the 18+ manifold and go straight to the GT350 manifold with a Blowfish TB adapter to retain the OEM GT 5.0 80mm TB.
what, dont get a gt350 tb as well?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
what are you guys talking about. first of all any intake manifold change requires a tune change to get any real power. second the 2018 manifold is going to give more average torque and hp and the stock TB bolts right up no adapter needed

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
no tune means no power increase

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
what are you guys talking about. first of all any intake manifold change requires a tune change to get any real power. second the 2018 manifold is going to give more average torque and hp
no tune means no power increase
You sure about all this ?
I'm more than sure about what I posted. I'll admit the RPM limit isn't maximized with the stock tune but the power gain is real and this so called internet chatter low end loss with the GT350 manifold is Fake News unless you're racing obscure Dyno graphs.

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
I have the stock intake manifold I took off my 2020 @7k miles with the stock throttle body or a gt350 throttle body with blowfish adapter if you’re interested

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I'm more than sure about what I posted. I'll admit the RPM limit isn't maximized with the stock tune but the power gain is real and this so called internet chatter low end loss with the GT350 manifold is Fake News unless you're racing obscure Dyno graphs.
Yes. A new IM isn't going to give more power unless the rest of the engine tuning is touched. Also, the car will likely run rough until it's tuned.

JR

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Yes. A new IM isn't going to give more power unless the rest of the engine tuning is touched. Also, the car will likely run rough until it's tuned.

JR
Runs smooth and flat out Rips compared to the 15-17 5.0 manifold on the OEM ECU calibration.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Runs smooth and flat out Rips compared to the 15-17 5.0 manifold on the OEM ECU calibration.
It's true, and I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself first hand.

Add LU47s and a flex tune along with some E85 and a bigger MAF tube intake, and it's really fun....

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
It's true, and I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself first hand.

Add LU47s and a flex tune along with some E85 and a bigger MAF tube intake, and it's really fun....
Stroker,
I’m in disbelief at the comments here and on other threads.
I didn’t mention I have 50,000 DTC free miles on my stock program GT350 combo and the 80mm TB I run is AFS Bret Barber 5 axis modded.
The reality is my combo tach’s out like a Hayabusa and I typically drive in normal mode.
20,000 miles of the lethargic 5.0 manifold was to much for me.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
have you checked on a real dyno or just butt dyno?

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Yes maybe it feels that way but you're leaving power on the table
I 100% agree with you.

have you checked on a real dyno or just butt dyno?
I have not verified the power, it wasn’t my intention to run the OEM calibration this long but the damn thing runs so well I let other things in life take precedent.
My intention is to move into the custom Soler TB and reprogrammed ECU.
Sponsored

Last edited: