Sponsored

At what point do you change oil gears & how can one prevent having detonation/issues?

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
I have a 2015 GT 6M. Procharger stage 2. I just ordered a Fore fuel system to run E85.
The stock oil gears give up due to HP or high revs? Or a combination of both? What can one do to prevent the issue other then rebuilding the motor?
What is a safe RPM top et the rev limiter on so I don't over Rev and blow my engine up? LOL
Thank you
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
opgs give up do to acoustic vibration. there's not set rpm that is safe. depends on your particular engine and modifications. you can install a crank support to help but nothing is 100%. you want insurance change them. if you generally have good luck then roll them dice.
with e85 you have done just about everything you can do to prevent detonation

Brandon91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
My opg broke a few weeks ago on my 18 with only 19k miles. I bought the car with 13k miles on it. I don’t know how the previous owner treated the car but I’ve never hit the rev limiter or done burn outs. I took the chance and it’s costing 8500 to fix it. I’m fortunate enough now to have the money to fix in a timely manner. It’s currently in the shop getting the new long block installed. I also have a stage 2 Procharger with a fore innovations kit running e85.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My opg broke a few weeks ago on my 18 with only 19k miles. I bought the car with 13k miles on it. I don’t know how the previous owner treated the car but I’ve never hit the rev limiter or done burn outs. I took the chance and it’s costing 8500 to fix it. I’m fortunate enough now to have the money to fix in a timely manner. It’s currently in the shop getting the new long block installed. I also have a stage 2 Procharger with a fore innovations kit running e85.
bro you should be able to fix it for half that. why long block? short block should do it. maybe some valves maybe a valve job but probably not needed

Brandon91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
bro you should be able to fix it for half that. why long block? short block should do it. maybe some valves maybe a valve job but probably not needed
I went this route because if the heads are still good on the old engine I plan on getting a new block and a rotating assembly to have a spare engine. I also picked up a awe touring exhaust. Hopefully it won’t be extremely loud lol

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
service long blocks used to be 4600; that would have been the avenue I would have taken as well. if my engine took a shit....

People ask a lot about OPG, but really it's all over the place just like it is with the transmission.
Some people have problems and others dont. People report that it hasn't broken which doesn't mean that it won't break but how would you know with out constant attention.

My advice is always the same follow the correct intervals on maintenance, if you do any other work to the engine and you have the opportunity to replace something you're worried about it do it. I personally have stock OPGs and I rev the car to around 7900-8000 from time to time. On my new engine I will be replacing the OPG/CS with a bounary unit though.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I went this route because if the heads are still good on the old engine I plan on getting a new block and a rotating assembly to have a spare engine. I also picked up a awe touring exhaust. Hopefully it won’t be extremely loud lol
the heads shouldn't need more than some valve. well now that you have a spare set i would get 5 angle valve job bronze/copper valve guides and some high flow valves. if you want now is a good time for a port job. i did ceramic coating on the runners, valves, combustion chambers.

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
opgs give up do to acoustic vibration. there's not set rpm that is safe. depends on your particular engine and modifications. you can install a crank support to help but nothing is 100%. you want insurance change them. if you generally have good luck then roll them dice.
with e85 you have done just about everything you can do to prevent detonation
what would the labor cost on that? How many hours? Where can I buy the right OPG from?
Thank you

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
Anyone swap their own OPG? Hours? What part did you get?
Thanks

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
bump