Sponsored

What Dyno Tested "NA" Mods actually increase HP Above 500wp on 93 pump?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I have decided (for now at least), to stay NA. So what are "ALL" available mods like: LTH, CAI, TB, TUNE, Full Exhaust, Ported Manifold ETC which will make a "TRUE" 500+ whp or about a 70+whp increase, (Dyno proven)
Thank You guys for the help.
Sponsored

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
I have decided (for now at least), to stay NA. So what are "ALL" available mods like: LTH, CAI, TB, TUNE, Full Exhaust, Ported Manifold ETC which will make a "TRUE" 500+ whp or about a 70+whp increase, (Dyno proven)
Thank You guys for the help.
All of the above plus E85 on a gen three will get you close. Maybe some cams to get you over the top but streetability will suffer.

Definitely not a lot of value cost wise with that kind of setup, ask me how I know. FI has the best cost ratio for power upgrade.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
All of the above plus E85 on a gen three will get you close. Maybe some cams to get you over the top but streetability will suffer.

Definitely not a lot of value cost wise with that kind of setup, ask me how I know. FI has the best cost ratio for power upgrade.
Yep I know, but if I go FI I would never be satisfied and thus I would be chasing parts. If I go NA, I know my limits are pretty much set. Thanks

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
On 93, it's going to be obviously much tougher (and much less safe).

You can get there, but it will probably involve LTH (catess), High Flow intake tube and CJ, upgraded valve train (to rev to 8500+), tune (obviously) and maybe even cams.

You'll need an intake that can keep singing all the way through the way up top, which will compliment cams and an increase in redline.

Of course on E85 or even E30 it would be easier and safer.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Yep I know, but if I go FI I would never be satisfied and thus I would be chasing parts. If I go NA, I know my limits are pretty much set. Thanks
To me 500-600RW is not a limit, it's a starting point. Boost was an easy decision forme. Boost & fuel for an easy 900RW.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
On 93, it's going to be obviously much tougher (and much less safe).

You can get there, but it will probably involve LTH (catess), High Flow intake tube and CJ, upgraded valve train (to rev to 8500+), tune (obviously) and maybe even cams.

You'll need an intake that can keep singing all the way through the way up top, which will compliment cams and an increase in redline.

Of course on E85 or even E30 it would be easier and safer.
How reliable is E85 NA cars, starting, driving around town ETC. Is our fuel system set up Not to degrade or have issues running E85. Storage for winter ETC. Thank You For Your help

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you're kidding yourself for starters. You won't even make 500 crank HP with the kitchen sink thrown at it.

Storing a car with E85 in the winter is not a good idea. flush with 91+ and retune back to a standard fuel tune.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
How reliable is E85 NA cars, starting, driving around town ETC. Is our fuel system set up Not to degrade or have issues running E85. Storage for winter ETC. Thank You For Your help
Most modern car fuel systems are now E85 resistant. Some cars do end up having a shorter lifespan with 02 sensor than others, but it's a hit or miss issue and a handful of people.

Having said all that, if you're trying to push the output of the motor WAY beyond it's intended/designed parameters, you're MUCH MUCH safer doing it on a safer fuel.

No you can't store the car for weeks on end with E85 in the fuel tank. Who does that anyway? If you're going to do that there's steps you can take.

I personally would NOT be pursing very high output numbers on 93. There's just way too much variance from pump to pump (or even on the same pump after different resupplies) and it only takes one questionable batch of 93 to smoke the motor.

12:1 compression is NOT forgiving to bad fuel.

E85 also runs cooler, so you protect against issues like rings overheating and binding and destroying ring lands.

As always, it's your car, and a wild 93 build would be unique, but only because most people recognize that E85 isn't just better for producing more sauce, it's safer. You can actually test and verify the quality of the E85 at every fill up, so you know when you're getting poor quality E and not to dog the car until you fill it with proper fuel. You can't do that with 93.

You can run fuel additives to keep the octane rating higher, but that has drawbacks (and cost) as well.

I honestly think you'd be better off dropping $8k-$10k on a very basic power adder setup and keep it very low power. You'll spend nearly as much trying to squeeze out 500 rear on 93 and the only way you're going to get there is if you spend a bunch of money upgrading a whole bunch of parts and also push the limits of timing and redline. You'd honestly be safer and have more power if you just slapped an 8 lb single turbo kit on it.

TRP45ACP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, PP1, MT82, 401A
FI is a much better option.

Sponsored

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
I didnā€™t even make 500 rwhp on E85 with LTHs, X-pipe and PMAS CAI kit. I ended up at 469 rwhp/434 rwtq.
I'm jealous of that torque. I don't understand where all that came from.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
There really doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there for NA Coyotes which leads me to believe that there isn't much there to be had. Especially for the amount of money that it ends up costing. The second most interesting thing, however; is in every one of these threads where somebody rules out E85 from the beginning somebody always has to say E85 anyway. It's baffling.
Sponsored