Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Take a pic of the connecter by the headlight u said to disconnect
there ya go. Take your time driving it, itā€™s very different when you donā€™t have that nanny kicking in, relearn the limits again.
3A968D8C-83E0-4077-9834-0A8F8CEA39C0.jpeg
C1C9EBE1-0B60-440E-ABF0-00269D3E4A9C.jpeg

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Lol, have u seen my car? Its full out track car with mcs/spl/hardened everythung

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Lol, have u seen my car? Its full out track car with mcs/spl/hardened everythung
šŸ˜‚ I know. It was just a little weird taking it off, when you get used to that T/C pulling power at the very limits, and then instantly taking it off, itā€™s very different and very noticeable. Just be careful is all. I know your going all out, just passing on what I felt when I did it.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. Cant wait for winter to be over

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
@Hangman77 : Didn't see anyone direct you to a great option for the closed airbox solution you asked about. Yes, there is an airbox lid called Warthog. It is a direct fit, oem-looking 3d printed, black lid that attaches using same 4 oem 10mm bolts. Unfortunately, item was getting so backlogged w/orders that it has been taken off website as I understand it. ARCHETYPE RACING is co. and you should reach out to Curtis the owner to get you in production que. [email protected] (might take a long look at some of his awesome aero products too. šŸ˜‰) LOVE your thread here! šŸ™Œ

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
@Hangman77 : Didn't see anyone direct you to a great option for the closed airbox solution you asked about. Yes, there is an airbox lid called Warthog. It is a direct fit, oem-looking 3d printed, black lid that attaches using same 4 oem 10mm bolts. Unfortunately, item was getting so backlogged w/orders that it has been taken off website as I understand it. ARCHETYPE RACING is co. and you should reach out to Curtis the owner to get you in production que. [email protected] (might take a long look at some of his awesome aero products too. šŸ˜‰) LOVE your thread here! šŸ™Œ
See if the stock gt500 one fits from your dads car. I have a spare if you want

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
the Long AC bolt was broken and was literally almost all the way from falling out. It was held in by the steering rack.

the compressor housing was also cracked.

they got everything replaced and back together for me. When Iā€™m back from vacation I can pick her back up.

Iā€™m guessing it just vibrated to death.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Picked the car up Monday. Runs solid, ac nice and cold again. The long AC bolt sheared off and the compressor housing was cracked. Diagnoses was vibrated to death.

took it to the track tonight. Car runs fantastic. My fastest lap ever has been a 1:25.22, I was just going without thinking much and I ran 10 laps over 2 sessions. And ran 6 1:25.xx times

Sharp, fast and smooth. Makes me fall
In love again after all the gremlins the past few months.

bad news is our local track is closing down, Walmart bought it to put up a distribution facility. So our club ends in April.

ill have to run homestead, Sebring and Daytona now. Just gonna make it harder to race every week. Bummer.

Iā€™ll probably enjoy the car until April before engine swap, or maybe swap it. Im torn. Iā€™d love to smash my record time before the track is destroyed.

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Picked the car up Monday. Runs solid, ac nice and cold again. The long AC bolt sheared off and the compressor housing was cracked. Diagnoses was vibrated to death.

took it to the track tonight. Car runs fantastic. My fastest lap ever has been a 1:25.22, I was just going without thinking much and I ran 10 laps over 2 sessions. And ran 6 1:25.xx times

Sharp, fast and smooth. Makes me fall
In love again after all the gremlins the past few months.

bad news is our local track is closing down, Walmart bought it to put up a distribution facility. So our club ends in April.

ill have to run homestead, Sebring and Daytona now. Just gonna make it harder to race every week. Bummer.

Iā€™ll probably enjoy the car until April before engine swap, or maybe swap it. Im torn. Iā€™d love to smash my record time before the track is destroyed.
I would wait to do the swap until the track closes and get as much track time as possible to improve your best time you have. If you do the swap before youā€™re going to lose track time. Then when you do get back to it youā€™re going to have a bit of a learning curve with the added power and thatā€™s assuming no bugs or issues arise.
Just my thought!

Ken

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Just to give an update, itā€™s been a long ass while since I posted.

PBIR is officially dead for a while now, so that tracks gone.

my car was running ok for minute then I had misfire codes again come up. This time it wasnā€™t a harness, cylinder 8 had no compression and engine was hurt.

dealer took it in and replaced a long block under warranty, new engine has been in and I have some street miles on it to break in, and I havenā€™t been to the track yet.Work has been busy, but I plan on being at Sebring soon to get her back on track, literally.

I joined the Sebring driving club to substitute the loss of PBIR. So I get 28 weekends at Sebring, full day, with only a small group. So I can run Sebring as much as I want. This will be my new ā€œlocalā€ track, even though itā€™s 2 hours away.

Iā€™ll post up once I get back on the track on a regular basis

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch

my car was running ok for minute then I had misfire codes again come up. This time it wasnā€™t a harness, cylinder 8 had no compression and engine was hurt.

dealer took it in and replaced a long block under warranty, new engine has been in and I have some street miles on it to break in, and I havenā€™t been to the track yet.Work has been busy, but I plan on being at Sebring soon to get her back on track, literally.

I joined the Sebring driving club to substitute the loss of PBIR. So I get 28 weekends at Sebring, full day, with only a small group. So I can run Sebring as much as I want. This will be my new ā€œlocalā€ track, even though itā€™s 2 hours away.

How many miles were on the car when the failure happened?

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3

sorry to hear about engine replacement šŸ˜ž. Sebring has been my ā€œhomeā€ track as well for past 10 years. Send me info on the Sebring driving club, would be cool to meet up and run around track with fellow Shelby GT350R owner.