Sponsored

3D Printed Oil Filler Funnel

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
Thanks for checking in! The funnel is good to go, but we’re still working out the kinks on the oil funnel guide. The good news is, the first prototype was a pretty decent fit, but it needs a few adjustments to make it perfect.

I know it sucks waiting for something that’s taken so long to develop, but we want to make sure we ship something kickass from day one that doesn’t need any subsequent versions or improvements.

ill be realistic and say we’re anywhere from 1-3 months from shipping the final product. The good news is, I’ve been printing mass amounts of funnels and dust caps for the funnels in preparation for the filter guide to be finalized. Once the filter guide is sorted out, I can work through the queue at about 2 per day.

Thanks to everyone for your patience, and we appreciate you remembering we’re just a couple of dudes doing this as a hobby!

-Jon
Understood in trying to make it right...appreciate your taking the time to produce this unique item.

In the meantime, will continue using thick aluminum foil to keep mess to a mininum.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Knockdown

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just did my second oil change, love the 3D printed funnel. Used a form a funnel and poked a hole in the filter, got most of the oil in the pan but some missed the funnel, hit the cross bar and under tray, but still mostly made it the pan, albeit with some cleanup.

@pilotgore, if I’m not on the list for the filter guide, please inclued me as well. Thanks!

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
@pilotgore Can you please put me down for one filter guide please

thank you
You got it.
Just did my second oil change, love the 3D printed funnel. Used a form a funnel and poked a hole in the filter, got most of the oil in the pan but some missed the funnel, hit the cross bar and under tray, but still mostly made it the pan, albeit with some cleanup.

@pilotgore, if I’m not on the list for the filter guide, please inclued me as well. Thanks!
Awesome, glad to hear it.
Sounds like a Major pain!!!

You bet, you’re on the list!

Robs Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1
Just got my 2022 Mach1 last week I'll like to buy the pair Robert

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Just got my 2022 Mach1 last week I'll like to buy the pair Robert
Thanks Rob. We’re still working on the finished filter guide, but I’d be happy to add you to the list. I just shipped V3 out today to @JuicySmollet for test fit. Still some work to do, but we’re certainly making progress.

Congrats on the purchase!!

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
Thanks Rob. We’re still working on the finished filter guide, but I’d be happy to add you to the list. I just shipped V3 out today to @JuicySmollet for test fit. Still some work to do, but we’re certainly making progress.

Congrats on the purchase!!
just a small update…changed the oil with a prototype and worked really well, but didn’t seal up like I wanted it to…got some oil on the hoses, but not too bad…want to make sure it’s right!!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
How are these coming along with producing? I know it's been a little while. I plan on changing my oil probably at my one year mark around October/November.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
How are these coming along with producing? I know it's been a little while. I plan on changing my oil probably at my one year mark around October/November.
It’s coming along slowly but surely. I sure hope we have a solution by October, but I can’t be 100% sure.

V3 is going to be tested this weekend.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
It’s coming along slowly but surely. I sure hope we have a solution by October, but I can’t be 100% sure.

V3 is going to be tested this weekend.
Supply chain issues? Lol

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Lol, Unfortunately no…. My two volunteer members of the R&D department have been trying to unionize!!! It’s getting harder and harder to exploit labor these days.
We have some Mach 1’s in other countries. Have you considering offshoring the work? :cwl:

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I would have imagined that you simply print the funnel, put it on a car, find the problems, fix the design, print the new one and repeat. In one month you should either have the product or quit.
Sponsored