Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 2.9L Whipple AAD Drag Pak
Midwest mustangs, we may have an opportunity for you to battle it out with some mopars on the auto cross track at HMP June 10-11, we (AAD Performance) wanted to bring a racing event local to us, our buddies at modern street hemi shoot out (hemirace.com) agreed to bring an event to heartland. While the drag racing for this event is strictly for gen3 hemi cars, we are contemplating opening the auto cross event up to mustangs and camaro. We want this event full so we can continue to bring events to the midwest, and we believe in our hearts that the midwest will show. If we get a bunch of interest ill make sure to open it to everyone, and maybe include a little goodie or two for you forum members. I would like to know yalls interest in this, is this something youd come out to?

Ill be driving my 2012 Dodge challenger RT, whipple supercharged, 6speed manual, full AAD Suspension
Zach our remote sales guy will be crushing it in his dedicated autocross 6 speed manual 392 charger
And the owner of AAD will be out there in his Whipple supercharged S550 mustang

Ill have more details once we iron out the amount and variety of cars in attendance

Thanks,

Graham
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Midwest mustangs, we may have an opportunity for you to battle it out with some mopars on the auto cross track at HMP June 10-11, we (AAD Performance) wanted to bring a racing event local to us, our buddies at modern street hemi shoot out (hemirace.com) agreed to bring an event to heartland.

Thanks,

Graham
Great stuff! I wish I could make it, but the couple thousand mile round trip is a bit much. It sounds like a great time, though!

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
There's a regularly scheduled autocross for the Kansas Region SCCA at Heartland Park that Sunday, so I'll plan on being around that weekend. If you put something together then I'll look at joining in. The KRSCCA event is part of the Sunflower showdown series, so there will be people there from the 3 Kansas regions (KS, WIchita and Salina). It would be great to have a bunch of Mustangs there for the whole weekend.

OP
OP
AAD Performance

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
There's a regularly scheduled autocross for the Kansas Region SCCA at Heartland Park that Sunday, so I'll plan on being around that weekend. If you put something together then I'll look at joining in. The KRSCCA event is part of the Sunflower showdown series, so there will be people there from the 3 Kansas regions (KS, WIchita and Salina). It would be great to have a bunch of Mustangs there for the whole weekend.
Ill keep you posted when details are finalized and we get a head count for which cars are racing. We will be racing autocross, and their will be mustangs. Cant wait! We're pumped to be holding an event like this

Sponsored

balzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Balaji
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1
Non HP mach 1 is interested in showing up

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Im 4.5 hours away, but would be a great experience if novices are welcome. If all goes as planned, should have my first 2 HPDE and 4 auto crosses in by then. 21 base gt, FP upgrades (CAI, TB, calibrqtion kit), FP suspension upgrades in the next couple of weeks, who knows what else by June. Its only money!

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Can you confirm that Heartland Park is okay with having the autocross? The SCCA is loosing that site due to HMP saying they were tearing up the surface too much. The real problem is the asphalt has just seen too many winters and the site needs to be repaved, but that's unlikely to happen. I was understanding that after the next (5/14-15) event there would be no more autox at that site.
Also, $100? yikes!

OP
OP
AAD Performance

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Can you confirm that Heartland Park is okay with having the autocross? The SCCA is loosing that site due to HMP saying they were tearing up the surface too much. The real problem is the asphalt has just seen too many winters and the site needs to be repaved, but that's unlikely to happen. I was understanding that after the next (5/14-15) event there would be no more autox at that site.
Also, $100? yikes!
We have confirmation from hmp that autocross is a go. We won’t be having the autocross turn out that an SCCA event would have. Based on the projected turn out, the price is what it is, not much we can do about it. $75/day for 2 days, or $100 a day per. You’ll likely get more runs in since it’s gonna be a small number of cars.

Sponsored

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Couple more questions. How will the course be worked? Will we need to work in sessions or will someone else handle resetting the cones?

Also, who is doing the course design? I asked some of the KS region guys and they didn't know anything about this event. I know you said it's not associated with SCCA at all but that makes me worry that the course might be set up by someone unfamiliar with the site. There are areas with lots of grip and some places that look grippy but are actually slick and some areas that are breaking up.

Who is supplying the cones and timing equipment?

OP
OP
AAD Performance

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Couple more questions. How will the course be worked? Will we need to work in sessions or will someone else handle resetting the cones?

Also, who is doing the course design? I asked some of the KS region guys and they didn't know anything about this event. I know you said it's not associated with SCCA at all but that makes me worry that the course might be set up by someone unfamiliar with the site. There are areas with lots of grip and some places that look grippy but are actually slick and some areas that are breaking up.

Who is supplying the cones and timing equipment?
We are designing the course, we don’t have experience on that specific pad, but our sales guy Zach, who is very experienced in racing autocross will be setting up the course and testing it.

We are trying to confirm with hmp when we can be there to set up and test the course. If we have part of the day prior to the event we will test our mustang, zach’s Charger, and my challenger on the track.

We have purchased cones, a timing system, and a chalk striper. THIS IS OUR FIRST TIME DOING THIS, everything may not be perfect, this is a learning experience for us, as we’d like to continue to have these events.

As for staffing, we’d like to be able to handle it all our selves so we don’t have to recruit all the drivers to work. It may work out great that way, it may not.

Turn out is probably gonna be small, and chances are it’s gonna be hot af outside, so if we’re low staffed and slow maybe it’ll just get you a longer cool down time.

I understand the skepticism and worries, the way I see it end up going is more of a testing situation or a fun time to beat up on a couple people or what have you.

I personally have no autocross experience, but I’ll talk with Zach tonight and look at the numbers of cars registered and narrow down our goal.

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I've been going to autocrosses at HPT since they added the solo pad, something like 15 years ago? Anyhow, I'd be happy to help out with the course once you find out when you can set it up - if you want. I don't want to design the whole thing but would be happy to tweak it as needed to make sure it's not too difficult to see and that it's safe.

Regarding working, I've found if you have a golf cart or a scooter or even just a bike, one or two people can work a whole course as long as the starter knows to hold the next car until it's clear and such, so that should be fine.

I'm impressed that you guys bought your own equipment. You might consider contacting the KS region guys about renting some cones from them if you need more, and possibly use of their timing eyes and displays - just a suggestion. I can put you in touch with the right people if you're interested.

I'm sure it'll be a fun day no matter what. I have a set of old tires that I thought would have gone bad by now they still appear to have plenty of life in them so I'll save them for this event.
Sponsored