Sponsored

Rear End (Carrier Assy) Interchange question.

Tim McCreary

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Does anyone know with certainty what rear ends interchange with no modifications? In other words, unbolt and rebolt a new Carrier Assembly? I have a 2015 with a 3.55 gear ratio and Automatic transmission. I am thinking of possibly changing to a 3.31 or 3.15. I do not want to just change the gear sets as the 3.55 is bad and available time to work on it is minimum. I am hoping to buy one the next 3 days to allow install this upcoming weekend.

Any info will be helpful. Thanks!
Tim
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
They all physically bolt up to the subframe, the only difference is in the flange to the driveshaft. Either you re-use your own flange, or you get a pumpkin from another 6R80 car.

OP
OP

Tim McCreary

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I am concerned about the location of the driveshaft and bolting up properly. So you are saying as long as I reuse my current flange, any will fit with no other modification?

So any EB, V6, or V8 manual/auto pumpkin will work as long as the flange is identical or swapped? The location for the flange will be identical to the original?

Are there any differences in the output splines for the rear half-shafts? Which ones will work with the EB PP 3.55 rear end setup?

Last edited:

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
If you're asking these questions I would say that swapping pinion flanges is beyond your abilities. You need to buy a complete differential out of a 15-17 auto or any 18+ that will mate up to your driveshaft as is.

OP
OP

Tim McCreary

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
differential
Really? I just finished rebuilding and installing the motor and you have the balls to claim I have no Mechanical skills?

I was asking these questions because my time is valuable and I don’t want to tear down and rebuild the rear end, just swap it out.

By the way, “Carrier Assembly” is how the salvage yards describe the whole rear end, not just the carrier inside.

Maybe you should go back to kindergarten and learn how to read my post.
6F8EF20F-0D45-4CD2-9704-9E78957078F8.jpeg

OP
OP

Tim McCreary

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
1FB4A9C9-0314-4121-9EBC-670E05EBBAE1.jpeg

By the way, thanks to those who truly did help. Picked up this 2016 with 3.31 gears for $155 at the U-Pull-It parts store today. 58k miles.
Sponsored