Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I confirmed with our Marketing Director that we do not have the policy in place ... I did look at Steeda.ca's website & they do have a pop-up that indicates that policy.

To eliminate confusion - would you mind revising your thread header?

TJ
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP your signature says you are in Houston. Do you not think it is fair to to not mention that you are referencing a Canadian site?

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Sighh ... I had thought about look at their site before raising the red flag but sadly, I did not, lol.

Just as a point of reference - Steeda.CA is its own entity ... they are a distributor of Steeda parts but are not owned or operated by Steeda.U.S.
See, I thought something was fishy with this thread. Sorry you got thrown a live hand grenade on this one, TJ.

Here's hoping the thread gets corrected. @davbrucas, really should revise your post. Steeda's done right by a looot of people on here—sowing confusion caused by the Canadian reseller's policies ain't doing any favors...

You'll want to order from steeda.com in future. :like:

Last edited:

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
lol it was steeda canada, OP is a moron.

What's the over/under on a title change and apology post?

Last edited:

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
So it was about Steeda.Ca?

smh

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I’m sure you’re aware, but thought I’d mention it anyways. You are aware that Steeda (Hamilton and previously Milton) has NO affiliation with Steeda in the US. That was told to me directly by Steeda on this forum. Steeda here just sells their products and maybe licenses their name (?) but that’s its. Matter of fact, when I exchanged messages with Steeda on the board here, he didn’t know anything about them. So it may appear you’re dealing with Steeda, but completely different
I am aware yes; the fellas here told me much the same thing when I was getting my rims. My Steeda Trident rims came from Steeda USA and TJ/Chris assisted me as I mentioned above.

Steeda.ca did my installation of the Steeda (USA) lowering springs and Steeda (USA) Trident Rims.

That sort of underscores my point though; whats in a name? Well Steeda.com was such a good experience (with a moderate amount of money) that I figured Steeda.ca would be too and I wasn't disappointed.

Now if the bodyshop that Steeda.ca recommended rocks it on my hood (paint match and install) + the spoiler I'ma be a happy camper!

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
For the OP’s benefit I think a quote is needed from Colonel Nathan R. Jessup, “Don’t I feel like the fucking asshole.”

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
I recommend to Steeda that they provide as much information regarding transactions with customers - particular to events that can be best described as supply chain management and delivery issues; to determine what the company can control and to advise customers what it does not control. This information must flow to the end user.

I recommend that Steeda provide a written policy to this effect and furthermore provides customers with full and reasonable disclosures as to its credit policies to customers (i.e. how your charges or payment for items shall be treated.... and provide sufficient direction to customers so that customers can decide to continue and wait or simply cancel the order) whereby Steeda ages the outstanding items (60 days.... 90 days... etc.) and provides a time frame by which Steeda and/or the customer decide to cancel orders due to uncontrollable circumstances so that their are sufficient disclosures that support transparency on a best efforts basis.

I recommend Steeda continue to evaluate industry trends and decide what its policy will be going forward particular to credit practices with a view towards consistency among its peer or competitive organizations in the industry. And this procedure should be incorporated at the point of order entry and get an acknowledgment form the customer that they are aware of the risks associated with the transaction.

Overall, this company appears from personal experience to be well managed. These recommendations I think will serve to only further improve on that experience.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Wow what a shit show here. Why is someone in Houston ordering parts from Steeda.ca?

If Steeda.ca is not affiliated with Steeda US, why are they using their name and pretending to be one in the same?

Anyway, I recently placed an order with Steeda.ca on April 4 2022. I did not see any pop-up warning about a no-cancellation policy (maybe due to my an AD blocker). Steeda.ca website does not indicate if an item is in stock or not. So you go in on blind faith. Shortly after I ordered min drop springs and a clutch spring I receive an email that they are not in stock and would be coming from Steeda US and would be delayed 2 weeks. I thought it was odd that both of these bread-n-butter products that "Steeda" sells are out of stock. Ok 2 weeks isn't bad, let's wait. Well 2 weeks turned into 3 weeks and no tracking #, no update. So I contacted them. "Please wait another 2 weeks as they are coming form the US". Well that's what they told me when I placed the order. Let's see how this plays out. As a consumer who purchased with a credit card, if goods are not delivered in a reasonable amount of time, do I not have the right to dispute the transaction? I would think the credit card companies policy would trump Steeda.ca's no-refund policy. At no point in the transaction was I made aware of this no-cancellation policy.

seabee133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush RS3 Twister Orange
I will be calling for now on. Thank you for the information sir. Saved money is saved no matter how much it is.

Richard
There is a discount code that can be used online. Message me and i can help set that up for you or email me at [email protected]

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Wow what a shit show here. Why is someone in Houston ordering parts from Steeda.ca?

If Steeda.ca is not affiliated with Steeda US, why are they using their name and pretending to be one in the same?

Anyway, I recently placed an order with Steeda.ca on April 4 2022. I did not see any pop-up warning about a no-cancellation policy (maybe due to my an AD blocker). Steeda.ca website does not indicate if an item is in stock or not. So you go in on blind faith. Shortly after I ordered min drop springs and a clutch spring I receive an email that they are not in stock and would be coming from Steeda US and would be delayed 2 weeks. I thought it was odd that both of these bread-n-butter products that "Steeda" sells are out of stock. Ok 2 weeks isn't bad, let's wait. Well 2 weeks turned into 3 weeks and no tracking #, no update. So I contacted them. "Please wait another 2 weeks as they are coming form the US". Well that's what they told me when I placed the order. Let's see how this plays out. As a consumer who purchased with a credit card, if goods are not delivered in a reasonable amount of time, do I not have the right to dispute the transaction? I would think the credit card companies policy would trump Steeda.ca's no-refund policy. At no point in the transaction was I made aware of this no-cancellation policy.
Hopefully they will arrive quickly. With that being said, did you compare the pricing of the items from Steeda.ca and Steeda.com? I’ve been to and ordered from both. What I’ve found is the pricing in Ontario is way more money than the US even after exchange and shipping. It was almost like their price was the same as what our price would be but then they add on their profit margin on top. Your mileage may vary though on what you’ve ordered.

I think the OP is from GTA (Toronto). But perhaps cross shopped the USA and Canadian stores.

Honestly though, there’s some great vendors on this board that have went out of their way to get me parts ASAP. So if Steeda was out of stock on an item, I’d give one of the vendors a phone call and see if they have what you need in stock before paying for a back ordered part to be made and then shipped.

seabee133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush RS3 Twister Orange
Imagine getting a charge 3 months after you order something for some labor involved with assembling your parts needless to say I wasn't too happy to see this.

I love steeda parts and would love to support them but was very disappointed to see this.

I replied by email yesterday and haven't checked my email today so I'm hoping that they do the right thing and remove the charge.

Bottom line I ordered the pre-built struts and rear shocks with camber plates and rear mounts back in I think february.

However in April they charged me an additional $54. When I inquired about it they said it was the labor to assemble my parts.

My reply was that I thought I paid for that when I paid for the pre-assembled parts.

I believe in transparency so I will report how they responded in this thread.

If they stand by their ability to charge me for labor two months after an order was completed, I will put it here and burn them to the ground and will join the club of not supporting them any longer.

However if they do the right thing and say oops our mistake, I will come back on this thread and say that they are not only producers of great parts for mustangs but willing to own up to their own administrative errors.

We live in a world that is controlled by computers and systems that people don't often have the ability to prevent problems. I'm hoping that that is the case in this situation.

If not then what I have encountered as a company that 2 months after producing a product and paying for it they can come around and charge you again for labor.

That's completely unsatisfactory from my perspective and that type of company will lose my business and my support forever.
I replied to your email at 7:20 am yesterday (a full 15 hours before you posted this comment). We did not charge you extra. What you saw was us closing the order and the last line item that is built into your order being closed out. When someone purchases an assembled item, we must account for our technicians time that is spent on putting that item together and this is exactly what that was. I can assure you that you have not been charged extra on this.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Crazy, read the whole thread, and it turns out its all about CA.. smh..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.