Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premium, 2019 CTSV
They must of just started this, I ordered the Diode Dynamic turns and got a call the next day saying they were 4-6 weeks out. I emailed and canceled the order which they did and refunded quickly. I guess we're all supposed to assume if it doesn't say "in stock" then it's out 🤔 , i ordered the FP clear tails on the 15th....again didn't say out of stock or in stock but got a call the next day saying they are on the way to the Georgia plant and will ship within a couple weeks. Just got a tracking # on that order today.
Yes, it’s new. I got the pop up with this policy when I went to their site today.
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have no issue with the policy as long as it's clear to the customer what item(s) are in stock at the time of the order. If customers believe the item(s) are in stock when ordering, they are going to assume the policy doesn't apply to their order.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
This is what I do:

- Hey @tj@steeda how are you? Do you have this part in stock?

-Sure do Alberto.

- Thanks TJ. Order sent.

Another real example from a couple of weeks ago:

- Hey @beefcake how are you? I need XY and Z parts for a buddy of mine.

- XY in stock. Z on backorder.

- Ok send me the invoice. Thanks.

I ordered some KIA suspension parts for my wife's 2016 Sedona. Been waiting for a month. Parts like struts, bushings, links, nothing crazy.

We are living in times like that. Raw materials are taking forever, supply chain issues, etc.

Best bet is to email/dm first and then order.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
How long is a reasonable amount of time to wait on a back ordered item before canceling an order? I just went through a similar situation with Steeda. Having said that, they did cancel my order without issue (just last week). I waited as long as I could (90+ days) and called the manufacturer direct to see what the deal was and they told me that the item wouldn’t ship until the end of June. Had I continued to wait, it would have been 5 months (and no guarantee it would ship then). I don’t necessarily blame Steeda, but do feel that if something is on back order, every possible attempt should be made to get an accurate ship date from the manufacturer, after which that information should be forwarded to the customer, so as to not leave them in limbo. I believe that 90 days is more than reasonable and the option for a refund at that point should still be made available, even though there is now a new policy being enforced, as the OP mentioned. I have Steeda parts all over my car that I’m very happy with. I would order from them again, but moving forward, I will call before placing any orders with Steeda or anyone else.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
So speaking as someone who came from the Mercedes camp, this is my first American Muscle car in about 28 years and my first Mustang ever. The guys at Steeda literally bent over backwards to help me get my Steeda Trident rims up here.

There was a mix-up on pre-order release day. Their intentional checkout option actually took the money from my card. They reached out on this website and made it right. Then they followed up. Then they made sure I was in the queue still because at the time it was sorted they were no longer accepting pre-orders.

As a guy who works for a billion-dollar gross revenue company this level of service is appreciated and not as common as one would expect; whether you are a big fry or a small one is not relevant. They earned my custom. Flat out.

Now guess what? I've got Steeda Rims, Steeda Lowering Springs, and a Ford Performance GT500 spoiler coming from Steeda here in Hamilton. Not to mention I'll speak with the guys in Hamilton when I'm ready for a tune/intake/headers/whatever all motor I decide to go with.

I'm sorry you had a shit experience however if you are that worried about your product is back-ordered, and the money coming off your credit card, maybe you shouldn't be playing in a hobby with big price tags.

Hell, Vicrez has had my $1800.00 for almost 4 weeks. The product shipped yesterday. The funny thing? The credit card has been paid off for almost 4 weeks. Follow me?

Don't sweat the small stuff. The entire world is upside down right now. You get your stuff when you get your stuff. Until then, breaaaaaaaaaaaaath.

P.S - Chris@Steeda - I'll take my 30% towards a tune, please!
I’m sure you’re aware, but thought I’d mention it anyways. You are aware that Steeda (Hamilton and previously Milton) has NO affiliation with Steeda in the US. That was told to me directly by Steeda on this forum. Steeda here just sells their products and maybe licenses their name (?) but that’s its. Matter of fact, when I exchanged messages with Steeda on the board here, he didn’t know anything about them. So it may appear you’re dealing with Steeda, but completely different company.

Back to the OPs issue...

I have no issue with paying up front for a special order and I know it’s a special order. However, if I’m buying something that says there’s stock on it and then all of a sudden that changes and now it’s on back order, that’s dirty pool. Let me decide if I’m willing to spend my money on a back ordered part and pay upfront. Don’t change the policy mid purchase. And if the part goes on back order because 10 people order the 2 they have in stock at the time, call me and ask what I want to do. That’s good faith. Purchased while in stock but stock depleted before the order was filled. It happens. But give me the choice to pay up front if I need to, or source the same part from one of our board sponsors that possibly still have stock on it.

Just my nickel Canadian... about 2 cents USD.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Picked a bad day to be offline & just get caught up ... let me investigate further on what the revised policy is & what may have transpired.

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking that Steeda has 3rd parties make their stuff for them, and orders are being direct-shipped from the 3rd party manufacturer to customers.

That may create problems with cancelations.

But that's just a WAG.
We manufacture our Steeda parts in-house ... any of the other parts that are not Steeda manufactured either are in stock & inventoried at our warehouse or work with the supplier to ship the order on our behalf when they are in stock - Ford Performance is a good example of this.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't know they had military discount 🤔

Richard
You can always p.m. me for the military discount - we require some form of ID or proof of service, we'll get you taken care of!

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
So not quite understanding this logic.. if it's on backorder for so long, what's the issue with cancelling an order? They're certainly not going to be stuck with a ton of inventory are they?!

Sounds like another money grabbing excuse due to "the uncertainty of the COVID situation".

So sick of the bs these companies are pulling. Prices are the highest they've ever been, lead times the longest, customer support the worst. Companies that do stuff like this only make the problem worse because consumers just bend over and take it, and keep buying.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Go check out the pop up on Steeda.com. They will no longer give refunds on products you order on their website that are back ordered if you decide to cancel. They shouldn’t charge the card until the product ships and until it ships you should be able to cancel the order.
I will never buy another Steeda product.
I understand that they are a board sponsor but this is a pathetic policy.
Send me your contact info to tim @ steeda.com - let me understand what took place, along with your order number too.

Thank you,

TJ

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So not quite understanding this logic.. if it's on backorder for so long, what's the issue with cancelling an order? They're certainly not going to be stuck with a ton of inventory are they?!

Sounds like another money grabbing excuse due to "the uncertainty of the COVID situation".

So sick of the bs these companies are pulling. Prices are the highest they've ever been, lead times the longest, customer support the worst. Companies that do stuff like this only make the problem worse because consumers just bend over and take it, and keep buying.
Joe - raw materials are at their highest costs we have seen. Delays in materials ... shipping delays all over the country are causing supply chain issues. Trust me when I say ... if we could keep the parts in stock & ship them in a timely manner ... we would ... it would be much easier from a business perspective. As mentioned, let me investigate what has taken place in order to be able to understand what has transpired.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Are you freaking kidding me!? This issue is about Steeda in Canada, not even actual Steeda? That’s… I can’t… smh… ridiculous.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you freaking kidding me!? This issue is about Steeda in Canada, not even actual Steeda? That’s… I can’t… smh… ridiculous.
Sighh ... I had thought about look at their site before raising the red flag but sadly, I did not, lol.

Just as a point of reference - Steeda.CA is its own entity ... they are a distributor of Steeda parts but are not owned or operated by Steeda.U.S.

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Joe - raw materials are at their highest costs we have seen. Delays in materials ... shipping delays all over the country are causing supply chain issues. Trust me when I say ... if we could keep the parts in stock & ship them in a timely manner ... we would ... it would be much easier from a business perspective. As mentioned, let me investigate what has taken place in order to be able to understand what has transpired.
Excuse my rant as it wasn't specifically about Steeda but society's new business model as a whole.

I've always looked up to Steeda as one of the better and more trustworthy companies out there. I've just dealt with a lot of terrible companies lately as far as returns, customer service, etc. and it has created a ton of stress for me and led to me feeling robbed and some CC disputes to follow. I would hate to see Steeda head down that path.

This thread appears that it could be misinformation? Not sure. I personally wasn't able to find the specific policy noted. But I was relieved to see you speaking on behalf of the company on the issue. These things are what build trust between companies and consumers.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How long is a reasonable amount of time to wait on a back ordered item before canceling an order? I just went through a similar situation with Steeda. Having said that, they did cancel my order without issue (just last week). I waited as long as I could (90+ days) and called the manufacturer direct to see what the deal was and they told me that the item wouldn’t ship until the end of June. Had I continued to wait, it would have been 5 months (and no guarantee it would ship then). I don’t necessarily blame Steeda, but do feel that if something is on back order, every possible attempt should be made to get an accurate ship date from the manufacturer, after which that information should be forwarded to the customer, so as to not leave them in limbo. I believe that 90 days is more than reasonable and the option for a refund at that point should still be made available, even though there is now a new policy being enforced, as the OP mentioned. I have Steeda parts all over my car that I’m very happy with. I would order from them again, but moving forward, I will call before placing any orders with Steeda or anyone else.
Thank you, Adrian - & to add to your feedback, our timelines are only as good as the supplier/company giving them to us ... unfortunately, we do forward those timelines & then that deadline passes ... asking for another timeline ... sadly, that deadline passes.

This climate continues to be a challenge & I can asure you & the others - we are working tiredsly to provide the most-up-to-date & accurate information as we can.

Thank you for being a Steeda cusotmer!

TJ
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.