Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premium, 2019 CTSV
I agree with "the card should not be charged until it ships" for standard stock items. Any custom item (if they have any) you pay ahead of time. At this stage of the game i would call first to confirm the item is actually in stock before you order, especially if theres any kind of "low stock" indicator.
Do they even have any custom items? Regardless, this policy is for all items that are back ordered.
Sponsored

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
I just remembered I ordered a part (an x-pipe, I believe) from them a couple of years ago that showed in stock but wasn't, so I wonder if this is an issue where their website doesn't track real-time inventory.

I understand the aggravation of waiting for something to arrive that you're excited to get, I had to wait a couple of weeks IIRC.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Wouldn't it just be easier to ping:
@tj@steeda
@Chris@Steeda

To get their reasoning or call Steeda direct?
Don’t go thinking rationally now, it’s way better to fly off the handle and profess you’ll never buy from them again!! Without any thought as to if the item you want is even on back order, and if so, how long the back order is. That’s way too much effort.

OP
OP

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wouldn't it just be easier to ping:
@tj@steeda
@Chris@Steeda

To get their reasoning or call Steeda direct?
Because I don’t care about their reasoning. It’s BS no matter the reason. The customer’s card should not be charged until the item ships and the order should be cancelable until it ships. They believe otherwise which is their prerogative. I posted this to bring it to everyone’s attention because it’s new.

Sponsored

OP
OP

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t go thinking rationally now, it’s way better to fly off the handle and profess you’ll never buy from them again!! Without any thought as to if the item you want is even on back order, and if so, how long the back order is. That’s way too much effort.
That’s not what happened. And I didn’t fly off on any handle. I posted the new Steeda policy that others may not be aware of and my disagreement with said policy.
You Steeda nut swingers took exception on their behalf. Your 30% discounts will be emailed shortly. 😂

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
So speaking as someone who came from the Mercedes camp, this is my first American Muscle car in about 28 years and my first Mustang ever. The guys at Steeda literally bent over backwards to help me get my Steeda Trident rims up here.

There was a mix-up on pre-order release day. Their intentional checkout option actually took the money from my card. They reached out on this website and made it right. Then they followed up. Then they made sure I was in the queue still because at the time it was sorted they were no longer accepting pre-orders.

As a guy who works for a billion-dollar gross revenue company this level of service is appreciated and not as common as one would expect; whether you are a big fry or a small one is not relevant. They earned my custom. Flat out.

Now guess what? I've got Steeda Rims, Steeda Lowering Springs, and a Ford Performance GT500 spoiler coming from Steeda here in Hamilton. Not to mention I'll speak with the guys in Hamilton when I'm ready for a tune/intake/headers/whatever all motor I decide to go with.

I'm sorry you had a shit experience however if you are that worried about your product is back-ordered, and the money coming off your credit card, maybe you shouldn't be playing in a hobby with big price tags.

Hell, Vicrez has had my $1800.00 for almost 4 weeks. The product shipped yesterday. The funny thing? The credit card has been paid off for almost 4 weeks. Follow me?

Don't sweat the small stuff. The entire world is upside down right now. You get your stuff when you get your stuff. Until then, breaaaaaaaaaaaaath.

P.S - Chris@Steeda - I'll take my 30% towards a tune, please!

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
That’s pretty much the standard today, think of ordering as a “reserve your spot” backordered items is just how it goes now. Order it, wait for it, no biggy. I forget about half of the parts I order, it’s like Christmas when it shows up on my porch, minus explaining to my wife why there’s another box showing up. I wouldn’t pin this logic on Steeda - that’s like being angry with the kid stocking ruffles cheddar & sour cream chips when they sell out……

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
I had hoped last weeks steeda order would be here for now, so I could install and get to my alignment appt. next week.

Email reply yesterday says everything is in stock and their behind on shipping.

I ordered some small parts from cc’s day after (bigger order) showed up today..

Gonna be a long week or 2 waiting and rescheduling appt. ;)

OP
OP

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So speaking as someone who came from the Mercedes camp, this is my first American Muscle car in about 28 years and my first Mustang ever. The guys at Steeda literally bent over backwards to help me get my Steeda Trident rims up here.

There was a mix-up on pre-order release day. Their intentional checkout option actually took the money from my card. They reached out on this website and made it right. Then they followed up. Then they made sure I was in the queue still because at the time it was sorted they were no longer accepting pre-orders.

As a guy who works for a billion-dollar gross revenue company this level of service is appreciated and not as common as one would expect; whether you are a big fry or a small one is not relevant. They earned my custom. Flat out.

Now guess what? I've got Steeda Rims, Steeda Lowering Springs, and a Ford Performance GT500 spoiler coming from Steeda here in Hamilton. Not to mention I'll speak with the guys in Hamilton when I'm ready for a tune/intake/headers/whatever all motor I decide to go with.

I'm sorry you had a shit experience however if you are that worried about your product is back-ordered, and the money coming off your credit card, maybe you shouldn't be playing in a hobby with big price tags.

Hell, Vicrez has had my $1800.00 for almost 4 weeks. The product shipped yesterday. The funny thing? The credit card has been paid off for almost 4 weeks. Follow me?

Don't sweat the small stuff. The entire world is upside down right now. You get your stuff when you get your stuff. Until then, breaaaaaaaaaaaaath.

P.S - Chris@Steeda - I'll take my 30% towards a tune, please!
I’m not saying that good people don’t work there. John was very helpful on a recent order that I ended up canceling. I just disagree with this policy. Nothing more.

Sponsored

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Did they tell you how long the backorder was going to take?

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
If I knew it was out of stock then I wouldn’t order the part. They misrepresent their inventory to get you to order the item then when you don’t receive an item shipped email you contact them and are then advised there’s a 6wk wait. They refunded my order a couple weeks ago in this situation but it appears that they now have adopted a no refund on back ordered parts. Their website should specifically state if the item is in stock or it isn’t and have a no refund on back ordered parts disclaimer so the customer is aware of this beforehand. I still disagree with this policy and refuse to spend money with companies that have these policies.
They must of just started this, I ordered the Diode Dynamic turns and got a call the next day saying they were 4-6 weeks out. I emailed and canceled the order which they did and refunded quickly. I guess we're all supposed to assume if it doesn't say "in stock" then it's out 🤔 , i ordered the FP clear tails on the 15th....again didn't say out of stock or in stock but got a call the next day saying they are on the way to the Georgia plant and will ship within a couple weeks. Just got a tracking # on that order today.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
That’s not what happened. And I didn’t fly off on any handle. I posted the new Steeda policy that others may not be aware of and my disagreement with said policy.
You Steeda nut swingers took exception on their behalf. Your 30% discounts will be emailed shortly. 😂
Saying I’ll never buy another one of their products rather than calling and asking, “hey, you guys got this in stock,” is flying off the handle IMO. Also, going to a forum and acting like you’re spreading an amazing message that is on a pop up on their website (according to you) isn’t doing some amazing favor. Relax, life goes on.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Just looked around on Steeda's website and I didn't get any pop ups. Tried looking at in stock parts and out of stock and didn't see anything about no refunds. Where exactly is this policy?

Doug

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
I have been a Steeda customer for about two years.

I have read the davbrucas discontent.

I have been charged for the thousands of dollars of merchandise I've purchased from Steeda at the date I accept the quotation of the order I make. I found their sales personnel to be most professional and communicative. I tend to call in my orders and I have found fairly good rapport with their staff who seem to be pretty well informed regarding the availability or unnavailability of items I'm looking to buy. And I have ordered for example MagneRide Dual Rate Springs in Late November 2021 and was told they're out of stock with an expectation as to availability. That order had a series of other in stock items and the items were received as they became available. The sales rep and I reviewed the order, ran the credit card and I accepted the "terms and conditons".

Terms and Conditions are noted on your email order confirmation. All you have to do is click on the link. They're fairly extensive covering all sorts of potential circumstances and cover a myriad of subjects. They probably have on retainer a half dozen Harvard lawyers. If you claim them you have to address the proper court or review in the state of Georgia. Good for them. I only have one Harvard lawyer and I would do the same.

What's weak in my opinion are the lack of disclosures regarding credit practices for merchandise sold when items may not be available. I did not see anywhere in my transaction documents any language pertaining to this subject. The longstanding global supply chain disruptions are a systemic issue and clearly Steeda and many vendors in the chain cannot be held responsible for this mess. A claimant would not likely be very successful in recovering dollars expensed in what is and likely to continue to be a major issue for all of us.

If there is a disclosure on the credit or transaction process between parties I would appreciate seeing it. We all know there are many vendors that perform identical procedures in charging customers up front (and I'm referring to routine items Steeda sells - not some custom made or modified from standard production stuff).

My best advice is to obtain the facts about what you're buying and how your money and your transaction will be treated if there's a circumstance beyond Steeda's control and what recourse if any a purchaser will have.

I think the practices of Summit Racing is more indicative as to where the "industy" is. You pay or are charged as items are received and/or delivered to you.

Others like Home Depot charge you up front and it can take months or a year to get your item which you've paid for on the front end. So Buyers should be aware of these things up front. Some are better in disclosing than others.

As for me.... I continue to have great relationships with this company and that's I think because they do work with you in good faith and they appear to be reasonably trained to deal with the circumstances of the day.

Disclosures, transparency and good communications are vital. I am confident this firm will act reasonably and do the right thing. But remember it's a two way street.

These are difficult times.

Sorry I went long here.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.