Buyer beware…Steeda CANADA

Status
Not open for further replies.

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premium, 2019 CTSV
NOTE: This vendor feedback does not apply to forum sponsor Steeda but rather a Canadian business. Closed for further replies.

Go check out the pop up on Steeda.com. They will no longer give refunds on products you order on their website that are back ordered if you decide to cancel. They shouldn’t charge the card until the product ships and until it ships you should be able to cancel the order.
I will never buy another Steeda product.
I understand that they are a board sponsor but this is a pathetic policy.
Sponsored

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Pretty standard - I work in the parts department at a Ford dealership - we deal with crazy backorders lately, and it's roughly the same deal, you want it, it's a special order, you prepay, and no refunds. Doesn't really justify they "I will never again buy from them" just the way things are right now, everything is hard to come by, and yes, it sucks, nobody likes how things have been.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Go check out the pop up on Steeda.com. They will no longer give refunds on products you order on their website that are back ordered if you decide to cancel. They shouldn’t charge the card until the product ships and until it ships you should be able to cancel the order.
You’ll never buy another Steeda product? Why not just check to see if it’s in stock before you order…? Steeda makes great stuff, if this policy (which is pretty standard) makes you not want a bad ass car then more power to ya…

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Yes, if not in stock it becomes special order. No refunds on them for many reasons.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Other companies make products just as good without the no refund BS.
Then buy their shit. Why complain about something so trivial?

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
You think thats crazy, my wife and I went to the BWM dealer to order a M340I . Since the dealer had none in stock they said we could special order it, I said fine. They wanted $1500 deposit which at this point was still okay with me but when they wanted us to initial this one page that had the title non refundable. I got up and walked away. Fluff that I'm not giving my money away like that because if we found one during the waiting period we would have just bought it.

OP
OP

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You think thats crazy, my wife and I went to the BWM dealer to order a M340I . Since the dealer had none in stock they said we could special order it, I said fine. They wanted $1500 deposit which at this point was still okay with me but when they wanted us to initial this one page that had the title non refundable. I got up and walked away. Fluff that I'm not giving my money away like that because if we found one during the waiting period we would have just bought it.
Bad customer service. You’ll always have nut swingers for these companies condescending you for your opinions on said bad service though.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Things are twisted right now.

I do understand the OP's ire. It's a stupid policy as anything that someone orders and then backs out on is easily sold to someone else.

Some times companies get to a certain point in growing where they have snap over-reactions to simple things, and create stupid/silly "rules" when such things really aren't necessary.

OP
OP

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Things are twisted right now.

I do understand the OP's ire. It's a stupid policy as anything that someone orders and then backs out on is easily sold to someone else.

Some times companies get to a certain point in growing where they have snap over-reactions to simple things, and create stupid/silly "rules" when such things really aren't necessary.
Agreed. Especially if their website says the part is in stock when it isn’t.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Agreed. Especially if their website says the part is in stock when it isn’t.
I'm thinking that Steeda has 3rd parties make their stuff for them, and orders are being direct-shipped from the 3rd party manufacturer to customers.

That may create problems with cancelations.

But that's just a WAG.

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I'm thinking that Steeda has 3rd parties make their stuff for them, and orders are being direct-shipped from the 3rd party manufacturer to customers.

But that's just a WAG.
That's pretty much how it is for a lot of stuff. Where I work we're being told 60 day lead times on some equipment, but some suppliers are still invoicing us on NET30 terms... because that's the supplier agreement we signed before things got nuts.

Sometimes we can successfully push back, but often we've had to turn to partial invoicing and other things to keep up cash flow. Luckily our customers have mostly been understanding. I wouldn't be surprised if Steeda is being pushed into the same kind of position. We didn't want to do it either, but we couldn't afford not to.

OP
OP

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

But that's just a WAG.
Gotcha. But these items can just be sold to someone else given that they can’t keep them in stock. The customer shouldn’t be expected to bear the costs of items not in stock. Good businesses put the customer first. Within reason, of course. This policy is not reasonable IMO.
But it’s Steeda’s company and they can run it how they see fit. I disagree and won’t give them my money.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.