What did you do to your GT350 today?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Mine looked like that after ~3 years. Reminds me to order a new one (now at nearly 4 years ownership).

I also just ordered new front brake pads (stock), and caliperfexion bolts. At 26k now, the front pads are getting low and squeal like a stuck pig.
How many of us just ordered new cabin filters for ā€œallā€ our cars? I know I did. šŸ˜‰

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Changed my oil. I used @pilotgore oil change combo for the first time. Very handy!

Then I helped my teenager change the oil on his Honda. It was his first time, so half the time was spent on how to jack a car, safely use jackstands, climb on a creeper without falling on your face, not spill oil everywhere, etc.

The Honda's oil system is well designed, and easy to access. The only issues we had were that both the filter and drain bolt were torqued to holy hell. I had to use a breaker bar on the bolt, and had to hammer a screwdriver into the filter to break it loose. Still, good lessons for the boy.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Changed my oil. I used @pilotgore oil change combo for the first time. Very handy!

Then I helped my teenager change the oil on his Honda. It was his first time, so half the time was spent on how to jack a car, safely use jackstands, climb on a creeper without falling on your face, not spill oil everywhere, etc.

The Honda's oil system is well designed, and easy to access. The only issues we had were that both the filter and drain bolt were torqued to holy hell. I had to use a breaker bar on the bolt, and had to hammer a screwdriver into the filter to break it loose. Still, good lessons for the boy.
Awesome, glad to hear it worked out!

Iā€™m looking forward to the day my son is old enough for us to have those kind of bonding activities.

Sponsored

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
I burned a 1/2 tank of $4.19, 93 premium. Spanked a "392 Scat Pack" Charger on Northbound I-75, (3 lanes with no traffic for 2 miles) and drove my Shelby above the posted "legal" speed limit while taking the Chargers "lunch" money. Then drove it home & gave it a bath....It was a good day...šŸ˜‡

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Ahhhhhhhhhā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.. Real Ford factory OEM race cars on a race trackā€¦ā€¦ what a proper site.

Carroll Shelby, thank you for your work, and youā€™re resting in piece knowing we are keeping your dream alive!

Sponsored

webspoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Code Orange
How did you like it? I haven't been there yet!
Eagles Canyon is my home track, just 30min away. Challenging track and the shelby's eat it up. It was a fun weekend until it started sprinkling on the last timed session sunday. Track stayed driveable but the painted curbing got super slick if you tried to run wide lines. Great to meet the other owners and share experiences.

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Eagles Canyon is my home track, just 30min away. Challenging track and the shelby's eat it up. It was a fun weekend until it started sprinkling on the last timed session sunday. Track stayed driveable but the painted curbing got super slick if you tried to run wide lines. Great to meet the other owners and share experiences.
Yep that seems to be the case everywhere, and hard for me to remember.....STAY OFF PAINT WHEN WET. I usually manage to partially forget to adjust my line for that until the car warns me lol

Sparvy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Installed the MGW shifter and ford performance shift knob. Great shifter and install wasn't too bad except for the rubber boot bottom seal (spent 2 hrs fighting with it and still didn't get the bottom seal set correctly). Then I did an oil change with the pilot gore oil change combo...super easy and a good maintenance addition. Finally installed the corsa double helix resonator delete that I've had for a month or so. So far the sound bump is about what I expected...not too loud and still quiets down in normal mode.

After driving this car around yesterday I'm seriously considering taking it to the track in a few weeks instead of the goblin...decisions, decisions.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
install wasn't too bad except for the rubber boot bottom seal (spent 2 hrs fighting with it and still didn't get the bottom seal set correctly).
I have installed the MGW twice (on the same car - long story). First time, I fought with it and got it right. The second time, it just wouldn't sit right. I got it close, and finally gave up. I have no clue why it lined up once, but not the second time.
Sponsored