Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
inflation only works when you pay it
STOP buying Mustangs
im just watching my dollars burn. every month they apparently are worth less with everything costing more.

im not sure if its wise to pay off my 3% mortgage off or invest it
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The $100'ish increase is curious. You can't tell me Ford doesn't have the margin per unit to absorb a LOT more than that. For such piddly amounts, why incur the wrath of the buyers and acolytes?

The minimum hike should have been $500 or nothing at all. Frankly I would have drawn the bar at at least $1000 before making an adjustment and earn the PR shellacking.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
im not sure if its wise to pay off my 3% mortgage off or invest it
you'd be NUTS to pay it off. Let the bank eat the 5-15% inflation loss. Unless there is a term in your mortgage contract where they can change the interest rate on whim in case of rampant inflation.

I bought the EB the other day for 0% for 60. They bank is going to LOSE their ass as inflation gets cooking in earnest.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Quarterly increases will be seen for the near future. Inflation + more.

For those that loved the 70s? Here ya go.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Dealerships will just tack the price increase onto pre price increase inventory with an extra ADM.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
you'd be NUTS to pay it off. Let the bank eat the 5-15% inflation loss. Unless there is a term in your mortgage contract where they can change the interest rate on whim in case of rampant inflation.

I bought the EB the other day for 0% for 60. They bank is going to LOSE their ass as inflation gets cooking in earnest.
but lets say I can pay the house off in 3-4 years. I have 132k left @ 3.25 interest, va loan. like 25 years remaining.

now if I DID NOT INVEST IT, would I be better off then by paying it off?, because I would now not be paying 400 a month in mortgage interest? just curious.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Show me an investment that RELIAbly makes 5pct over rapidly climbing inflation

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Show me an investment that RELIAbly makes 5pct over rapidly climbing inflation
I mean, I lost quite a bit this year on(bad amazon calls) so now I said I would now spend 3k a month towards mortgage principal. I could have this sucker paid off in a few short years. then after that.. no more mortgage payment.. and no more interest on said mortgage.

this is easiest way for me to save $ vs possibility of losing money on investments. just deciding on next endeavors

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
I mean, I lost quite a bit this year on(bad amazon calls) so now I said I would now spend 3k a month towards mortgage principal. I could have this sucker paid off in a few short years. then after that.. no more mortgage payment.. and no more interest on said mortgage.

this is easiest way for me to save $ vs possibility of losing money on investments. just deciding on next endeavors
FYI - there's another forum that has many threads and discussions about this subject. If you are curious, the link below will give you some ideas:

https://www.google.com/search?sitesearch=bogleheads.org&q=payoff+house

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion

When I ordered my '22 GT, I was offered 0.9% financing. Since I prep-traded a car that gave me a great start against the GT, I was considering paying the difference in cash.

Does it make sense, considering the current inflation situation to take the 36 month loan @ 0.9%...or pay cash?

EDIT to help keep this post in line with the thread.....dealer confirmed that my pricing is OK as it was ordered prior to the increase.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does it make sense, considering the current inflation situation to take the 36 month loan @ 0.9%...or pay cash?
somewhere is a thread on this forum where this discussion should move and stop jacking the thread.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think the prices will ever be reduced, or once they go up, they will continue to go up.

ie. things go back in order, supply/demand meet. will MSRP's ever "retreat"? or once they move up, they stay up. I only ask, because I dont think ive ever seen an item go down once its been moved up.

or if dealerships ever move to "buy from home/ship to customer" which ive been reading about a lot recently, kind of like Carvana vroom etc. would they reduce pricing to cut out the middle man dealership? Tesla doesnt really have dealerships atleast ive never seen one. but I see those damn cars everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I feel like I see more tesla's than anything in the last year.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
I think price escalation will flatline, but I would be shocked to see any type of price contraction. What I suspect might happen is price stabilization being built into the options rather than starting msrp.
Sponsored